Wide Receiver Depth Chart: Subject to Change?

FalcD56

With the recent update that Harry Douglas' injury is progressing well, could we possibly see him move his way to our number two WR over Jenkins? Michael has been disappointing since he arrived here, and his time to break through and show his potential is ticking. How does Falcon Nation feel about possibly moving HD opposite Roddy and throwing Jenkins into the slot if HD proves his worth?

Thats a tricky one. HD is a threat every time he touches the ball, so it would make sense to put him on the field more, i.e. #2 WR. However, I think he is best suited coming out of the slot like his rookie year. Im fine with keeping Jenks #2 as long as he gets his arse in gear.

I agree if Jenkins can progress as a receiver. But if Harry outplays MJ in training camp and preseason, there may not be a choice but to shuffle the depth chart.

sorry fellas but we will be addressing wr this year. dont be surprised if we get someone who will eventually bump roddy out of the number 1 spot.

How do you figure? We just dropped a lot of money on Roddy last year, and there are more pressing needs than our passing game. I wouldn't be surprised if we drafted a receiver, but to intentionally pick one that would take over the number one spot probably wouldn't come past the second round.

Douglas is an ideal slot receiver. You don't want

Jenkins in the slot. Throw deep to him and let him

stretch out for it. He gets into trouble when he has

to stop and start and tips the ball to the defenders.

We need to take that act out of our repertoire.

How do you figure? We just dropped a lot of money on Roddy last year, and there are more pressing needs than our passing game. I wouldn't be surprised if we drafted a receiver, but to intentionally pick one that would take over the number one spot probably wouldn't come past the second round.

if roddy went down to injury we have a bottom 3 receiving corps in the league. we need a beast. we shouldnt avoid a good wr because he might be better than roddy. thats just stupid. we should want someone better than roddy.

before td came out and said this would be a balanced draft i was trying to tell folks the same thing. everyone thought we would go defense only. our receiving corps sucks after roddy.

yeah hd is nice but will he be the same after the injury? could he carry this team when roddy blows an acl? no.

sorry fellas but we will be addressing wr this year. dont be surprised if we get someone who will eventually bump roddy out of the number 1 spot.

:lol:

WHAT!?

The guy set himself to become one of the best Falcon receivers history last year. ONE of the best. He reached a milestone no receiver for the Falcons ever reached.

Edited by Mojo Risin

if roddy went down to injury we have a bottom 3 receiving corps in the league. we need a beast. we shouldnt avoid a good wr because he might be better than roddy. thats just stupid. we should want someone better than roddy.

before td came out and said this would be a balanced draft i was trying to tell folks the same thing. everyone thought we would go defense only. our receiving corps sucks after roddy.

yeah hd is nice but will he be the same after the injury? could he carry this team when roddy blows an acl? no.

If Ryan got hurt we'd have a bad passing game.

If Lofton got hurt we'd have a bad LB corps.

If Gonzalez got hurt we'd have a bad TE corps.

The list can go on and on. You can assume injuries will happen, because that is the nature of the game. But at the same time you cannot throw a ridiculous amount of money at one position because you anticipate an injury.

:lol:

WHAT!?

The guy set himself to become one of the best Falcon receivers history last year. ONE of the best. He reached a milestone no receiver for the Falcons ever reached.

so if we had a chance to get someone who would be better than him, you'd pass? because roddy has a chance to become one of the best falcon receivers ever?

youre right. it would suck to have two great receivers like boldin/fitz on the same team. youre right.

If Ryan got hurt we'd have a bad passing game.

If Lofton got hurt we'd have a bad LB corps.

If Gonzalez got hurt we'd have a bad TE corps.

The list can go on and on. You can assume injuries will happen, because that is the nature of the game. But at the same time you cannot throw a ridiculous amount of money at one position because you anticipate an injury.

who said ridiculous amount of money? tell me what marques colston, or miles austin, or brandon marshall make. what are their salaries? id take any of them over roddy any day.

why do we keep redman? because hes a GOOD backup.

so if we had a chance to get someone who would be better than him, you'd pass? because roddy has a chance to become one of the best falcon receivers ever?

youre right. it would suck to have two great receivers like boldin/fitz on the same team. youre right.

What are you jumping to now?

You made a baseless claim that the Falcons are searching for someone to take Roddy's spot. Completely baseless.

What are you jumping to now?

You made a baseless claim that the Falcons are searching for someone to take Roddy's spot. Completely baseless.

i never said "the Falcons are searching for someone to take Roddy's spot"

youre the one thats making completely baseless claims.

i never said "the Falcons are searching for someone to take Roddy's spot"

youre the one thats making completely baseless claims.

Mhm.

read what i said. i dont think td is looking for some scrub at wr. hes looking for a beast believe that. a rookie salary isnt going to break the bank, and we will have someone to push roddy. im a roddy fan but i wouldnt be heartbroke if we drafted someone that eventually was even better than he.

lets not let our love for one player cloud our vision. ok? carry on.

who said ridiculous amount of money? tell me what marques colston, or miles austin, or brandon marshall make. what are their salaries? id take any of them over roddy any day.

why do we keep redman? because hes a GOOD backup.

Why are you always hating on Roddy? I don't get it.

Who would you take, zigg zagg?

I just checked Kiper's mock again and he has Bryant going 10th and Tate going 29th (those are the only two i saw in the first round).

Looks like we would be too early or too late with the 19th.

Edited by rounz

Thats a tricky one. HD is a threat every time he touches the ball, so it would make sense to put him on the field more, i.e. #2 WR. However, I think he is best suited coming out of the slot like his rookie year. Im fine with keeping Jenks #2 as long as he gets his arse in gear.

Jenkins drives me nuts---catch the tough ones and drop the easy throws. I am not a fan of his---but I was on Roddy a couple of years ago before he got his act together