Weatherspoon's Pro-Day

thempizzle

per: kffl.com

NFL | Weatherspoon does some drills at his Pro Day

Sun, 07 Mar 2010 19:16:12 -0800

Gil Brandt, of NFL.com, reports Missouri LB Sean Weatherspoon measured in at his school's Pro Day Thursday, March 4, with a height of 6-foot-1 1/4, 239 pounds. He ran the 40-yard dash in 4.53 and 4.52 seconds and completed 35 repetitions on the 225-pound bench press.

--

These numbers are amazing. 35 reps? 4.53? are you kidding me? This kid is a stud. I would love nothing more then to see him starting alongside Peterson and Lofton next year!

Wherever he goes, I think he will be a DROTY candidate. He has a great attitude to go with all of this and yearns for the spotlight.

After a day like that, he will be right around our 19 range... unless someone takes him earlier. It is a natural fit at a position of need and it's gotten to the point where we would be insane to not draft him at 19.

Edited by thempizzle

I swear if we don't pick this guy over Graham, we're making a HUGE mistake. WE DON'T NEED A ROOKIE DE THIS YEAR! Spoon would make a big impact THIS YEAR. Graham will not do better than Biermann, Sidbury, or Davis (or even JA98) this year or maybe even next year. And he wouldn't be nearly as productive platooning at LB with Peterson as Spoon would be either.

I would have to agree and say yes.. Witherspoon might/should be a great player in the NFL possibly a DROTY candidate..

HOWEVER..

We MUST improve our pass rush. DE should be the 1st pick by us. We currently DO NOT have a starting DE opposite JA55 and we DO have 2 starting OLB. Yes we lack depth at the linebacker position but we can easily pick that up later on in the draft.

I would have to agree and say yes.. Witherspoon might/should be a great player in the NFL possibly a DROTY candidate..

HOWEVER..

We MUST improve our pass rush. DE should be the 1st pick by us. We currently DO NOT have a starting DE opposite JA55 and we DO have 2 starting OLB. Yes we lack depth at the linebacker position but we can easily pick that up later on in the draft.

With your first pick you have to hit at a position of need

but most importantly you have to select the best player. Our

need is no worse at DE than it is at linebacker. We need our

good personnel to play better.

I swear if we don't pick this guy over Graham, we're making a HUGE mistake. WE DON'T NEED A ROOKIE DE THIS YEAR! Spoon would make a big impact THIS YEAR. Graham will not do better than Biermann, Sidbury, or Davis (or even JA98) this year or maybe even next year. And he wouldn't be nearly as productive platooning at LB with Peterson as Spoon would be either.

A huge mistake according to who, not us Fans LOL, that is a joke. YOU speaks as if it is guaranteed that Spoon will automatcially have success, nothing is guaranteed when it comes to a rookie. So you are against a rookie DE playing in rotation but because you are Spoon Riding he will be all pro sharing time with Peterson. Come on dude I know you like spoon but you are getting a little carried away my friend.

A huge mistake according to who, not us Fans LOL, that is a joke. YOU speaks as if it is guaranteed that Spoon will automatcially have success, nothing is guaranteed when it comes to a rookie. So you are against a rookie DE playing in rotation but because you are Spoon Riding he will be all pro sharing time with Peterson. Come on dude I know you like spoon but you are getting a little carried away my friend.

A rookie DE is not going to be more productive this year than Biermann, period.

A rookie OLB with Spoon's abilities will be more productive this year than Peterson. The kid is stronger than Peterson, he's probably a full second in the 40 faster than Peterson, he can jump higher than half the players in the NBA, he's a tackling machine, & he's going to have something to prove so he's going to work his butt off. Peterson is also gone after this year.

A rookie DE is not going to be more productive this year than Biermann, period.

A rookie OLB with Spoon's abilities will be more productive this year than Peterson. The kid is stronger than Peterson, he's probably a full second in the 40 faster than Peterson, he can jump higher than half the players in the NBA, he's a tackling machine, & he's going to have something to prove so he's going to work his butt off. Peterson is also gone after this year.

Spoon Rider, SMH, let Spoon breathe man. Let the man play a NFL snap first before you crown him Rookie of the Year.

I've seen this guy in action in person... he is a freak!!! With all of the hype on him... He has moved up to No.1 on my big board!

1. Spoon

2. Graham

As long as we bring home one of these guys we will be set! Spoon is just a beast tho!

I feel better picking up a DE later than an OLB. IMO

Spoon Rider, SMH, let Spoon breathe man. Let the man play a NFL snap first before you crown him Rookie of the Year.

I'm not claiming he'll be rookie of the year. I simply believe he can make an impact immediately AND become a future cog for this team in the middle, he's got all the signs for it. Meanwhile a DE pick will not make an immediate splash for a couple years & when Peterson leaves, we'll either have to pray we get lucky with a 3rd round LB pick this year, hope for another Weatherspoon next year, or simply settle for Adkins & likely a loss of depth at a very key position.

I'd just rather give Biermann/Davis/Sidbury/Abe a chance now that we have PJ back & a super deep & much improved secondary. The tighter coverage in the secondary is going to make the ball stay in QB's hands longer & we're going to see our front 4 dishing out a bunch more sacks than last year. A rookie DE isn't going to improve any part of that while upgrading the OLB spot would.

We can win a Superbowl THIS YEAR with the right players & luck with injuries. If that can happen, we take it.

Choc man I'm starting to think you and me are the only ones who think Nic did a solid job last year and if anyone will be replaced it will be Mikey P.

Nicholas did an OK job, nothing outstanding IMO, but I do think it would be Peterson he replaces. I think it would all depend on how Spoon did in camp and preseason if he gets the starting nod. Either way I could see all 3 of them getting playing time. Peterson is still really good against the run... not so much against the pass.

I'm not claiming he'll be rookie of the year. I simply believe he can make an impact immediately AND become a future cog for this team in the middle, he's got all the signs for it. Meanwhile a DE pick will not make an immediate splash for a couple years & when Peterson leaves, we'll either have to pray we get lucky with a 3rd round LB pick this year, hope for another Weatherspoon next year, or simply settle for Adkins & likely a loss of depth at a very key position.

I'd just rather give Biermann/Davis/Sidbury/Abe a chance now that we have PJ back & a super deep & much improved secondary. The tighter coverage in the secondary is going to make the ball stay in QB's hands longer & we're going to see our front 4 dishing out a bunch more sacks than last year. A rookie DE isn't going to improve any part of that while upgrading the OLB spot would.

We can win a Superbowl THIS YEAR with the right players & luck with injuries. If that can happen, we take it.

Another Super Pro Spoon Rider that tries to downplay what a rookie DE can do just to make the case for spoon look better. The bottom line is that DE is much better positional value than a OLB, and to imply that a DE would not make an immediate splash for a couple and years is crazy. It is easier for a LB to make the transition than it is for a De, and there are some really good LB prospects set to come out next year, so to me it seems as if you are overinflating situations to try to make a case for spoon.

Nicholas did an OK job, nothing outstanding IMO, but I do think it would be Peterson he replaces. I think it would all depend on how Spoon did in camp and preseason if he gets the starting nod. Either way I could see all 3 of them getting playing time. Peterson is still really good against the run... not so much against the pass.

I think Spoon should start over Peterson but there is no doubt Mikey P should rotate with him.

per: kffl.com

NFL | Weatherspoon does some drills at his Pro Day

Sun, 07 Mar 2010 19:16:12 -0800

Gil Brandt, of NFL.com, reports Missouri LB Sean Weatherspoon measured in at his school's Pro Day Thursday, March 4, with a height of 6-foot-1 1/4, 239 pounds. He ran the 40-yard dash in 4.53 and 4.52 seconds and completed 35 repetitions on the 225-pound bench press.

--

These numbers are amazing. 35 reps? 4.53? are you kidding me? This kid is a stud. I would love nothing more then to see him starting alongside Peterson and Lofton next year!

Wherever he goes, I think he will be a DROTY candidate. He has a great attitude to go with all of this and yearns for the spotlight.

After a day like that, he will be right around our 19 range... unless someone takes him earlier. It is a natural fit at a position of need and it's gotten to the point where we would be insane to not draft him at 19.

Ditto!!! :D