Dunta Robinson! We got a bargain if you think about it

matty72780

The contract really isn't even that bad in all honesty. It's a 6 year deal worth 57 million but only 22 millions guaranteed. The majority of that contract wont even be paid to Dunta unless he's playing lights out, and if that's the case then he'd be worth the money. 22 million over 6 years (3.6 mill per year) for Dunta Robinson is well worth it my opinion.

Some people have bashed this or said we over paid, etc......We have TD who hasn't led us wrong thus far, and if he gives the green light on Dunta I'd have to totally agree! Either way its a huge upgrade and I believe it was the right move. Dunta hated the Texans anyway, I'm sure he'll love the A, especially playing in his home town! I mean which one of us hasn't day dreamed about playing sports for your home town team? You play with more pride, you give that extra effort, and I think we will see that out of the NEW #23 (Thank god)

Now the next question is are we going DE or OLB with the 19th pick? I know this is crazy talk but can you imagine if we drafted CJ Spiller!? I'd LOVE that, that guys got wheels and we would def be our X-factor. I guess it's just wishful thinking but man oh man would Spiller look sick in the Red and Black!

nice post about Robinson not being overpaid. i think we may have given him too much, but an immidiate impact at corner is well worth it. and the whole Spiller thing... not sooo fast.

Drafting Spiller would be the worst draft desision by the falcons since JA98. RB is solid and the last of our worries. if the falcons dont draft a DE or willie backer then it will be an OL. I think the falcons will try to move the 19th pick down and pick up a 2ned rounder. everson griffen and maybe graham will be there at 28ish

nice post about Robinson not being overpaid. i think we may have given him too much, but an immidiate impact at corner is well worth it. and the whole Spiller thing... not sooo fast.

Drafting Spiller would be the worst draft desision by the falcons since JA98. RB is solid and the last of our worries. if the falcons dont draft a DE or willie backer then it will be an OL. I think the falcons will try to move the 19th pick down and pick up a 2ned rounder. everson griffen and maybe graham will be there at 28ish

Yeah that JA98 draft pick was terrible! I mean we drafted a guy that we didn't even work out or interview with us at the combine, def a head scratcher when we drafted him that high. I think that Spiller would be a HUGE asset for the Falcons if we drafted him. He would allow HD83 to focus all his efforts on being our slot WR, and Spiller would be insane as our PR/KR. I like Turner but he's a big meatball and Spiller has the speed of Norwood but the ability to break tackles (reminds me alot of a young Tomlinson). I know we are needs based drafters and it will never happen but I think in an effort to run with the Saints the next few years Spiller would be the home run hitter we truly need to be an upper echelon NFL offense. I'm not too sure what direction we go in the draft, I doubt we draft DE, I think we are putting allot of stock in Peria coming back healthy, with Sidbury our speed rusher and Biermann the starter. I mean we resigned Chauncey Davis, we have Biermann, and Sidbury is a freak who should see the field much more this year. I think Sean Weatherspoon could be a good pick up for us at 19, but I wouldn't put drafting Spiller if he's there past our front office. I'm assuming were trading into the 2nd as well to get a DE/OLB, especially if this Houston to Lions deal goes down...