Sleeper DE - can be had in the late rounds, possibly even UDFA

Kayoh

Alex Daniels from Cincinnati.

Has anybody heard of this guy? He had 8.5 sacks in his senior year including 2 sacks and 3 TFL against Florida in the Sugar bowl! That's a pretty big deal if you ask me. I can't find any consistency in his height, weight and 40 time, but the general trends are 6'2-6'3, 257-268 lbs, and a 4.65-4.74 40. I don't really care what combination of those measurables he actually has, he's still a great prospect for a guy who might not even get drafted. Figure, worst case scenario, he's 6'2 257 and runs a 4.74. That's still a very clean prospect in terms of measurables.

I'm trying to get some more consistent information on this kid, but I'm struggling. Everything about him, though, that I've read, points to him having great pro potential. The biggest thing is that he played GREAT in his biggest game of the year against an SEC team with a mobile QB.

I haven't scouted him specifically, but this was one thing that I found that makes me believe he is not on our radar:

Sat out transferring from Minnesota to Cincinnati. Injured Achilles during unsupervised weight room session at Cincinnati, had surgery to repair. Convicted of fourth degree sexual assault on a 18-year-old woman in his Minnesota apartment during April 2007; was sentenced to serve one year in a workhouse.

It's one thing to be charged, but being convicted and sentenced... that is a big red flag.

That's really all I know about him.

Oh jeez, that's not good. Hopefully he's learned from it...although now that I do know that it makes a little more sense that he's projected so low. Thanks. :)

Yeah it's not a typical red flag ala "inconsistent effort" or "potential weight issues" or something less serious like that. It's a little shocking.

But yeah it does help explain why he is projected so low. The catch is that if he isn't going to **** up like that off the field again he could become a steal. However that's probably too much of a risk for a team like us who values off the field image as much as we do. Some other team will take a chance on him though and it will be interesting to see if he pans out into a situational DE or anything along those lines in the next year or two.

4th degree sexual assault basically means he touched her boobs or butt without her consent. Not going to say it's not a big deal, because that's very innapropriate...but you could honestly be convicted of this by being at a school dance and cupping your dates booty...if she was offended by it and wanted to make a big deal out of it. Would need to know more details before you know whether this is a serious character offense.

So it was basically a maturity thing. It was also three years ago. You can't necessarily write that off, but if it was three years ago I'm sure he has learned from it and should be considered a safe prospect by now. I mean, if 4th degree sexual assault is what Mr Pickle1 says it is, it sounds like a spur of the moment kind of thing.

That being said, I'm back in the mindset that he's a late round steal. I would not complain if we'd draft him. Especially if he'd produce on the field and stay out of trouble off it.

Obviously it's not like he raped the chick, no one said anything like that, but it's a red flag regardless and it speaks to some past maturity issues. If he sits down, talks to teams and they ask him about it and he seems to have learned from it it won't be a non-issue. The problem is we will have no idea whether he has or not as fans.

If he's learned from it he could be a steal that late, but I can't speak to that since I haven't scouted him.