Falcons mock draft

Zanka

We get a 3rd and 4th round pick in compensatory picks.

Chris Houston was traded to the Lions, for a 4th round pick and we swapped picks with them in the 5th.

1st round: Brandon Graham, DE - I don't see us drafting another position than DE. Everyone knows that it all starts in the trenches, and right now we aren't winning that battle. If we don't get any pass rush our whole defense will suffer, and Sean Weatherspoon can't help that. Therefore our pick is Brandon Graham. Graham is a solid pass rusher and I predict him to be an 8-sack a year guy. A very solid player like Ray Edwards from Minnesota. He is very good against the run and he plays with an unstoppable motor. He manages to turn his size into an advantage and he will do whatever it takes to succeed.

3rd round: Roger Saffold, OT - Clabo is a solid RT at best, but IMO he is inconsistent. He doesn't provide Matt Ryan the pass protection that he needs, and he is only an average maybe a little above average run blocker. Therefore we need a replacement. Roger Saffold is a guy that every good offensive line in the NFL has. He is just very solid an makes very little mistakes. He doesn't pop up on your'e TV screen a lot, but when he does there is rarely a negative reason. He is IMO a very underrated run blocker, and in the pass game he excels. He makes it look easy at times and wit the right training I think he can be a good RT in the NFL.

3rd round: Dekoda Watson, OLB - Dekoda Watson is a very intriguing prospect in the 2010 draft. His physical skills stands out among many, but yet he still hasn't been able to turn it into consistent production in college. He has big playmaking ability and perhaps with some nice coaching from our great staff he could turn into something. In the beginning of his time with the Falcons, he will be a special teams player. With his skills he could be a dominant ST player to. I see him turning into great depth for our team and maybe get some playing time this season instead of Mike Peterson on passing downs.

4th round: Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, CB - The overhaul on the defense keeps on coming. We traded Houston to the Lions and this is his replacement. This is my gem of the draft. My steal, my man crush! Ansah didn't play against top notch competition in college, but whoever he played he was impressive. Though a shoulder injury will make him slip into the early 4th round. Ansah is physically well built, and uses it to jam receivers at the LOS. He will come up in run support as TD likes and he has prototypical size and skill set for our scheme. With Ansah joining our secondary, we will have one heck of a young group of CBs, with newly acquired Robinson being the leader of the pack. I believe that in a couple of years we will have a great secondary.

4th round: Jimmy Graham, TE - He has a past playing basketball most of the time in college, and after his return to football it has led to comparisons to our very own Tony Gonzalez who went down the same road. Despite TG being further ahead in his development than Graham is at this point. There is no denying the fact that former basketball players has has great success at TEs in the NFL. Look at Antonio Gates and Tony Gonzalez. Two of the best in the game. Graham has visibly developed as the season went on and became more and more of a playmaker. I think that with TG mentoring him he could become a very good player.

4th round: Eric Olsen, C - He is a fighter and brings his a-game every day. Never stops playing and will give it his all. Plays with a nasty streak. IMO Olsen is an underrated prospect and that is why I pick him a little bit above his usual rating. He has the ability to knock the opponent on his back when run blocking, and is actually solid when pass blocking. He will not miss a game unless it is a serious injury. Will learn a lot from McClure and will develop into very solid depth along the offensive line for us.

5th round: Phillip Dillard, MLB - We did not re-sign backup MLB Tony Gilbert. Therefore we will need a replacement who can contribute on special teams, and also become nice depth behind rising star Curtis Lofton. Dillard is nothing special, but he is very solid when on the field. He is an everydown LB, with his speciality being run support. But he is not bad in pass coverage either. He may have benefited from having Ndamukong Suh on the defensive line, but I'll take him because of the fact that he can become a nice ST player, and our ST needs some help after taking a step down from our 2008 campaign.

6th round: Leigh Tiffin, K - It is time for us to finally get a good young kicker. We have this past year been struck by bad play from our kicker. Elam missed some very important kicks which cost us some games. At Alabama Tiffin took care of kickoff duties and place kicking duties. He has the leg and accuracy to make 50+ field goals consistently and he become a great kicker in the NFL. And we need one real bad!

QB: Ryan-Redman-Wilson

RB: Turner-Snelling-Norwood

FB: Mughelli

WR1: White-Finneran

WR2: Jenkins-Douglas-Weems

TE: Gonzalez-Peele-Graham

LT: Baker-Svitek

LG: Blalock-Ojinaka

C: McClure-Olsen

RG: Dahl-Clabo

RT: Saffold-Reynolds

RDE: Abraham-Biermann-Sidbury

DT: Jerry-Walker

DT: Babineaux-Johnson

LDE: Graham-Davis

SLB: Nicholas-Wire

MLB: Lofton-Dillard

WLB: Peterson-Watson-Adkins

RCB: Robinson-Grimes-Williams

LCB: Owens-Ansah-Jackson

FS: Decoud-Coleman

SS: Moore-Brock

Chris Houston was traded to the Lions, for a 4th round pick and we swapped picks with them in the 5th.

1st round: Brandon Graham, DE - I don't see us drafting another position than DE. Everyone knows that it all starts in the trenches, and right now we aren't winning that battle. If we don't get any pass rush our whole defense will suffer, and Sean Weatherspoon can't help that. Therefore our pick is Brandon Graham. Graham is a solid pass rusher and I predict him to be an 8-sack a year guy. A very solid player like Ray Edwards from Minnesota. He is very good against the run and he plays with an unstoppable motor. He manages to turn his size into an advantage and he will do whatever it takes to succeed.

3rd round: Roger Saffold, OT - Clabo is a solid RT at best, but IMO he is inconsistent. He doesn't provide Matt Ryan the pass protection that he needs, and he is only an average maybe a little above average run blocker. Therefore we need a replacement. Roger Saffold is a guy that every good offensive line in the NFL has. He is just very solid an makes very little mistakes. He doesn't pop up on your'e TV screen a lot, but when he does there is rarely a negative reason. He is IMO a very underrated run blocker, and in the pass game he excels. He makes it look easy at times and wit the right training I think he can be a good RT in the NFL.

3rd round: Dekoda Watson, OLB - Dekoda Watson is a very intriguing prospect in the 2010 draft. His physical skills stands out among many, but yet he still hasn't been able to turn it into consistent production in college. He has big playmaking ability and perhaps with some nice coaching from our great staff he could turn into something. In the beginning of his time with the Falcons, he will be a special teams player. With his skills he could be a dominant ST player to. I see him turning into great depth for our team and maybe get some playing time this season instead of Mike Peterson on passing downs.

4th round: Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, CB - The overhaul on the defense keeps on coming. We traded Houston to the Lions and this is his replacement. This is my gem of the draft. My steal, my man crush! Ansah didn't play against top notch competition in college, but whoever he played he was impressive. Though a shoulder injury will make him slip into the early 4th round. Ansah is physically well built, and uses it to jam receivers at the LOS. He will come up in run support as TD likes and he has prototypical size and skill set for our scheme. With Ansah joining our secondary, we will have one heck of a young group of CBs, with newly acquired Robinson being the leader of the pack. I believe that in a couple of years we will have a great secondary.

4th round: Jimmy Graham, TE - He has a past playing basketball most of the time in college, and after his return to football it has led to comparisons to our very own Tony Gonzalez who went down the same road. Despite TG being further ahead in his development than Graham is at this point. There is no denying the fact that former basketball players has has great success at TEs in the NFL. Look at Antonio Gates and Tony Gonzalez. Two of the best in the game. Graham has visibly developed as the season went on and became more and more of a playmaker. I think that with TG mentoring him he could become a very good player.

4th round: Eric Olsen, C - He is a fighter and brings his a-game every day. Never stops playing and will give it his all. Plays with a nasty streak. IMO Olsen is an underrated prospect and that is why I pick him a little bit above his usual rating. He has the ability to knock the opponent on his back when run blocking, and is actually solid when pass blocking. He will not miss a game unless it is a serious injury. Will learn a lot from McClure and will develop into very solid depth along the offensive line for us.

5th round: Phillip Dillard, MLB - We did not re-sign backup MLB Tony Gilbert. Therefore we will need a replacement who can contribute on special teams, and also become nice depth behind rising star Curtis Lofton. Dillard is nothing special, but he is very solid when on the field. He is an everydown LB, with his speciality being run support. But he is not bad in pass coverage either. He may have benefited from having Ndamukong Suh on the defensive line, but I'll take him because of the fact that he can become a nice ST player, and our ST needs some help after taking a step down from our 2008 campaign.

6th round: Leigh Tiffin, K - It is time for us to finally get a good young kicker. We have this past year been struck by bad play from our kicker. Elam missed some very important kicks which cost us some games. At Alabama Tiffin took care of kickoff duties and place kicking duties. He has the leg and accuracy to make 50+ field goals consistently and he become a great kicker in the NFL. And we need one real bad!

VERY GOOD! ONE OF THE BEST I SEEN SO FAR! WE CAN ALWAYS LOOK AT UNDRAFTED WR'S WITH SPEED TO COME IN AND COMPETE FOR A SPOT. YOU COVERED LOT OF AREAS OF NEED. GOOD JOB!

i love it. i am torn between ducasse or saffold. although i like ducasse a little more because his academics and his upbringing makes him so hungry, very inspirational.

p.s. if we had made our IMD swaps, an OT was where i was going heh

This is probably one of the more likely Mocks that will happen. For all the spoon fans. He will probably go early. Graham is our guy. A pass rush is needed. This is the reason our DB's got ROASTED all the time. If you don't fix that. They will get ROASTED again. I like your mock.