Looks like TD will get back into the 2nd round this year

falconidae

The Houston trade will allow him to package picks for a 2nd rounder, and he may very well trade down from 19 to a second and something else. He could do both and end up with a half dozen picks from #33- #150, in the deepest draft in years. This year's draft will be fun!!

Is there any word if the Houston trade is for the 4th or the 6th rounder?

Even if it is for the 6th and swapping 5th's that is an awesome value increase on the 5th.

TD could end up with a late first and 2 2nds depending on how the compensatories pan out and if he can find trade partners.

(Edit: I re-read this and realized how confusing it sounds. If we get a 3rd and a 5th in comp pics, you know he is trading our assigned picks. You can just feel it in the air.)

He is loading up on ammo.

I love our GM.

Edited by Dedsquirl

The Houston trade will allow him to package picks for a 2nd rounder, and he may very well trade down from 19 to a second and something else. He could do both and end up with a half dozen picks from #33- #150, in the deepest draft in years. This year's draft will be fun!!

Would be nice to see, but it's so much easier said than done with some of these picks being non trade-able.

I don't for a second think we will trade down. We don't need more picks. We already have 8 & possibly a 9th if the CH trade goes through.

1, 3, 3c, 4, 4c, 5, 6, 6c, & possibly another 4 or 6. This draft is deep through round 4 comps & possibly a few sleepers in 5 & then a few good kickers in 6. We already get 5 very solid picks in this draft (and possibly a 6th) & we need a first round talent, period. Weatherspoon, Graham, Kindle, & Griffen won't be there in the second round & the last thing we need is 7 above average 2-3 year development rookies & 4 greenhorns for the practice squad. We need an immediate impact player on either OLB or DE & we're not going to get that in round 2. Then our 3rd & 4th round picks can go to developing an OG, C, WR, DT & maybe a TE. And it's a safe bet we can pickup a really good kicker in the 5th or maybe even the 6th. In the end, we still have 2 throw aways to track down that sleeper. And IF we end up getting an OLB (Weatherspoon is still my guess), we'll move Biermann to the other side to platoon with JA98 & Davis & platoon Sidbury with Abe. With PJ back, our secondary healthy & significantly upgraded, a new impact player in the middle, our front 4 pass rush will be exponentially better. Then we'll worry about getting that dominating DE next year IF the rotation still under-performs (which it won't). If we go with the DE this year, then we'll worry about the OLB next year (which I don't agree with, I firmly believe OLB is our biggest need). Either way, we need that first round pick this year because we need an immediate playmaker on defense now.

I don't for a second think we will trade down. We don't need more picks. We already have 8 & possibly a 9th if the CH trade goes through.

1, 3, 3c, 4, 4c, 5, 6, 6c,..

You may be a little optimistic on the comps. And two second round picks may be a better value than #19.

TD will have plenty of flexibility for whatever he wants to do.

Nobody's going to give us 2 second rounds for a 19. Not with the depth of this years draft. Talk about optimistic.

As for the comps, even if we get 4c for Foxworth, 5c for Boley, & nothing for Grady (due to Romberg), we still get 4 solid picks & possibly another with the Houston trade in the first 4 rounds which is enough to cover the needs of OLB/DE(immediate defensive impact player), OG, C, WR, & kicker in 5th. Everything other than that would be lower percentage developemental rookies either way.

1 dynamic immediate impact player + 4 developemental rookies > than 7 developemental rookies who would not impact anything this year & ultimately uncertain if they pan out at all on the NFL level.

Nobody's going to give us 2 second rounds for a 19. Not with the depth of this years draft. Talk about optimistic.

As for the comps, even if we get 4c for Foxworth, 5c for Boley, & nothing for Grady (due to Romberg), we still get 4 solid picks & possibly another with the Houston trade in the first 4 rounds which is enough to cover the needs of OLB/DE(immediate defensive impact player), OG, C, WR, & kicker in 5th. Everything other than that would be lower percentage developemental rookies either way.

1 dynamic immediate impact player + 4 developemental rookies > than 7 developemental rookies who would not impact anything this year & ultimately uncertain if they pan out at all on the NFL level.

The 2 second rounders come from trading down with the first pick AND packaging picks to move up. 3 impact players from the early rounds may be better than the 1 & 4 you envision.

What TD has is lots of flexibility, lets see what he does with it. He may not make a decision until he's on the clock on draft day waiting to see who's available.

Only chance we have of trading back is if a big name QB, WR or something we dont need slips to 19. Tebow maybe? I know everyone is saying he wont go in the first round but I think he will. As much as I hate him, his collegiate career was too decorated for someone not to risk pick him IMO.