Thomas Dimitroff 790 the zone interview

atljbo

any recap for those of us at work that can't listen?

Thanx

said he is excited to have Dunta aboard and that the press conference is today

Said Brian Williams is coming along nicely and he will be great inside

Agreed that the move gives us great flexibility in the draft, as we dont have to pick CB high

Considers John Abraham still has enough in the tank and that Peria Jerry coming back will help him.

Didnt expect the Chris Houston news to leak out so fast but couldnt give more details on it.

He talked a bit about the combine and that he is excited for the Pro Days and individual workouts. Said he will attend at least 15 pro days and that workouts are great because you get to spend time with a guy and really see what he is like

Hope I didnt forget anything

Edited by Romfal

said he is excited to have Dunta aboard and that the press conference is today

Said Brian Williams is coming along nicely and he will be great inside

Agreed that the move gives us great flexibility in the draft, as we dont have to pick CB high

Considers John Abraham still has enough in the tank and that Peria Jerry coming back will help him.

Didnt expect the Chris Houston news to leak out so fast but couldnt give more details on it.

He talked a bit about the combine and that he is excited for the Pro Days and individual workouts. Said he will attend at least 15 pro days and that workouts are great because you get to spend time with a guy and really see what he is like

Hope I didnt forget anything

thanx a ton for the recap

- Excited about Don-tay Robinson, and ready for the press conference

- Dunta is fast, athletic, is physical, and is very urgent. He will play the run effectively, and hit somebody hard over the middle.

- Last year, he thought we could work through growing pains in the secondary.

- This year, he thought with Dunta being on the market, we had to sign him to add leadership, talent, and swagger(yes TD said swagger)

- Eliminates immediate need at CB(early rounds) in the draft.

- Loves young, fast, quick athletes in our secondary. Likes Tim Lewis(secondary coach)

- Brian Williams is healing quick. Doctors like how fast he is recovering. Williams is smart, versatile, and loves the fact that he knows the system.

- Likes the mix of vet and youth in the secondary.

- Still could add pieces on the DL through the draft and FA.

- Still believes that Abe has the ability to get to the QB.

- Peria was a big loss, b/c we lost pass rush in the middle. In result, Babs was doubled more. Need more pass rush basically....

- Talks about having hybrid players. Stresses importance of it. TD loves versatility.

- Combine doesn't "sway" opinions of players. Combine doesn't dictate TD's draft board. Combine is more for medical stuff and interviews.

- 15+ pro days will be attended. Mentions the Patriot way(meaning "pulling the kid" aside and interviewing him with a bunch of personnel guys around him)

- Possibly 3 compensatory picks. Might be creative in draft with other picks.

- We are having discussions for Chris Houston to Det. It is far from a completed deal.

- Talked about Detroits FA signings. TD is "numb" b/c of our acquisition of Dunta, and didn't really pay attention to other teams' signings.

Thats it!

Maybe I'm wrong, but the comments like "Abe has some gas left in the tank" and further

development with regards to our pass rush, and his mentioning the impact that the

injury to PJ had on our pass defense, I suspect we go OLB or if a Blue chip

OL falls to us at 19, that the direction we are taking in the draft.

Maybe I'm wrong, but the comments like "Abe has some gas left in the tank" and further

development with regards to our pass rush, and his mentioning the impact that the

injury to PJ had on our pass defense, I suspect we go OLB or if a Blue chip

OL falls to us at 19, that the direction we are taking in the draft.

I got that very impression.

I got the sense that TD was very content with the front 4 as it is.