The Chris Houston trade

hakim24

If this trade does go through and we get a 4th/swap 5th round picks, I am really thinking that we will use those picks try to trade back into the 2nd.

We will probably use that pick to grab the best offensive player available at either OT, WR, or TE.

If this trade does go through and we get a 4th/swap 5th round picks, I am really thinking that we will use those picks try to trade back into the 2nd.

We will probably use that pick to grab the best offensive player available at either OT, WR, or TE.

I can actually see those picks being used on defense with a DE and OLB, or I could see a TE being pick like Rob Gronsnoski(sp) instead of LB.

Blocking isnt as teachable as you think, if your soft and dont have the drive or that nastiness and didnt want to block in college its gonna be tough trying to teach you at this point and Mularkey is all about TE's that can block, but i dont see when we would draft Gresham cause no.19 is too high for someone coming off knee surgery and he probably wont be available in the 3rd.

Yea I don't see us taking a TE either. 19 is probably too high but Gresham seems fully healthy so I don't think the injury will knock him down much.

Blocking isnt as teachable as you think, if your soft and dont have the drive or that nastiness and didnt want to block in college its gonna be tough trying to teach you at this point and Mularkey is all about TE's that can block

Being a good blocker is more about mentality than skills.

You can teach technique, and like you said the drive and tenacity has to be there.

Plus its hard for a guy to go from being basically just a reciving TE in college to a versatile TE in the pros.

I'm hoping that the trade does happen because lets just say a team does give us a 2nd round pick for Snelling and with the two 4th round picks we might actually find our selves with two 2nd rd picks when we started out with 0. Anything is possible with TD.

Why would we trade our only reliable back up running back?

Who is your favorite TE after Rob and Gresham?

Dorin Dickerson has the speed and agility of a WR and I think we can get him in the 3rd round.I don't think we go TE to early we have the best TE in NFL here and we can afford to take on a project so TG can impart his knowledge on to him.

WR I like Jacoby Ford of Clemson a real burner with decent hands could be another possible 3rd round pick I like the fact with his speed we have 2 legit deep threats with him and White.

Also I agree I personally think TD is putting us in a place where we may well have an oppourtunity to get back into the 2nd round.

Edited by kiwifalcon

I'm hoping that the trade does happen because lets just say a team does give us a 2nd round pick for Snelling and with the two 4th round picks we might actually find our selves with two 2nd rd picks when we started out with 0. Anything is possible with TD.

lol. a 2nd for Snelling? you do realize all Arizona got for Boldin got was a 3rd and 4th, and the Jets got a 4th and next years 7th for Kerry Rhodes. What makes you think Snelling would be worth more than 2 Probowlers?

My thoughts exactly. TD has made it clear, from previous comments, that he wants a second round pick this year. I think that this pending trade is a step in that direction.

If this trade does go through weand get a 4th/swap 5th round picks, I am really thinking that we will use those picks try to trade back into the 2nd.

Everything that I have seen / heard says that we are getting a 6th and swapping 5ths, NOT getting a 4th.

That is alot harder to package and move up into the 2nd.

Everything that I have seen / heard says that we are getting a 6th and swapping 5ths, NOT getting a 4th.

That is alot harder to package and move up into the 2nd.

NFL.com is reporting 4th. Schefter (ESPN) is reporting a 6th. Everyone else is just copying one of those sources.

I doubt it is a 4, but if it is, great deal. we could have two 3rd and 3 4ths! those are great value picks, especially in such a deep draft!

NFL.com is reporting 4th. Schefter (ESPN) is reporting a 6th. Everyone else is just copying one of those sources.

I doubt it is a 4, but if it is, great deal. we could have two 3rd and 3 4ths! those are great value picks, especially in such a deep draft!

If it is a 4th, i officially nominate TD for the HOF!