im glad hes gone, but....

I have to agree. The kid worked his tail off. I am not sure what his technical problems were, but I hope he can address them. I think that if TD and Smitty were not in the picture, this kid stays. I think he isn't a TD style DB and as such, he is expendable. I hope he does well for the Lions. They could us a little happiness themselves.

I think he had the most potential on our roster, and probably the best cover corner too on our roster.. He just got his confidence rocked early last year from all you pundits/media pundits and needed a break. I think hes gonna surprise a lot of people in Detroit, I could possibly see even a probowl within the next 3-5 years. I think we'll regret this soon. Keeping him for depth even if its 3rd string would be the best option..

It makes me wonder if he had a falling out with Smith or something to get on TD's bad side, because thats the only reason I see him being traded.. His talent was no question.

Of course, you are ATL fans and dont understand football, and every CB/player who plays here gets run out of town (ala Sanders) even when they are great. ****, If Eric Weems muffs ONE punt for the next 5 years, you guys will string bring it up like "OMG he cant catch a punt even" (similar to Vicks Fumbling problem, happened once and yet you guys all thought it happened every play, or Brian Williams/HD being Injury prone).. Seriously you haters need to go cheer for the saints, you clearly aren't falcon fans if you ran Houston out of town.

I cant even remember the last time we had a CB for more than 2 years that wasnt ran out of town.. The only one who deserved all the hate, was Jason Webster.. Every other CB we've had in the past 8 years have been solid, but stupid redneck fans complain if they give up 5 yards vs the best WR's in the league.. You do know that EVERY CB in the league gives up yards? Even Revis has given up 100 yard games in his career... but Revis would be run out of town in ATL.

I think he had the most potential on our roster, and probably the best cover corner too on our roster.. He just got his confidence rocked early last year from all you pundits/media pundits and needed a break. I think hes gonna surprise a lot of people in Detroit, I could possibly see even a probowl within the next 3-5 years. I think we'll regret this soon. Keeping him for depth even if its 3rd string would be the best option..

It makes me wonder if he had a falling out with Smith or something to get on TD's bad side, because thats the only reason I see him being traded.. His talent was no question.

Of course, you are ATL fans and dont understand football, and every CB/player who plays here gets run out of town (ala Sanders) even when they are great. ****, If Eric Weems muffs ONE punt for the next 5 years, you guys will string bring it up like "OMG he cant catch a punt even" (similar to Vicks Fumbling problem, happened once and yet you guys all thought it happened every play, or Brian Williams/HD being Injury prone).. Seriously you haters need to go cheer for the saints, you clearly aren't falcon fans if you ran Houston out of town.

I cant even remember the last time we had a CB for more than 2 years that wasnt ran out of town.. The only one who deserved all the hate, was Jason Webster.. Every other CB we've had in the past 8 years have been solid, but stupid redneck fans complain if they give up 5 yards vs the best WR's in the league.. You do know that EVERY CB in the league gives up yards? Even Revis has given up 100 yard games in his career... but Revis would be run out of town in ATL.

Chris Houston sucked. It's not anybody's fault but his own. He couldn't cover ANYBODY, not just the other team's #1 receiver. He couldn't cover their 3rd string tight end because he REFUSED to turn his head to look for the ball.

It was the most incredibly frustrating thing to watch EVER, and it's the reason why he's not here anymore.

And Vick fumbled ALL THE TIME, what the **** are you talking about "happened once"? :blink:

Edited by Testasparo

he still hasn't been traded.....

True that, but Schefter says prob. by today sometime, so it's a pretty safe bet.

Houston is one of those guys who has tons of potential, but so far has failed to live up to expectations. There is always the possibility that one day he will "get it" and turn into a stud. If he does, then good for DET. But this is the right move for ATL at this time.

And the deal also includes a year of free oil changes for TD and Smitty. A fact not usually made public.B)

I remember when we drafted him. More than a few draft experts felt he may go in the bottom of the 1st round and I was happy when we got him in the second. One analyst actually compared him to Dunta Robinson.

After the draft, I actually felt as though he would be a starter here for many years to come. If the trade goes through, I wish Chris the best. While I wouldn't mind keeping him here for depth, the trade is probably better for Chris, as he will likely see more playing time with the Lions. I hope someone in Detroit is able to help him become the player many experts claimed he would be. Whatever his problems were, lack of effort, talent or heart, were not among them.

Of course, I could be wrong regarding all above mentioned statements. Especially since this post just educated me regarding some of my character flaws as a Falcon's fan. Flaws for which I had been blissfully ignorant my entire life. They are follows;

1) As an Atlanta fan, I do not understand football. :blink:

2) Vick only fumbled once. :blink:

3) Every CB having played for our organization has been run out of town. (usually within 2 years) :blink:

4) The Falcon's organization has employed many perfect players in it's history. Since as an Atlanta fan, I don't cheer for players who have made mistakes. (Of course they may have and I didn't realize it since I don't understand football) :blink:

5) I am a " Stupid Redneck". - Up thar in them hils we used to git told by that thar hi-skule coche to plae that thar bal instid of thu receever. Ben picke bout thangs like at ever sinse. :wacko:

6) I am a closet Saint's fan. :wacko:

7) Darrell Revis isn't good enough to play for Atlanta. :blink:

8) I will hate Weems if he fumbles one punt in the next 5 years. :wacko:

9) Deion Sanders was run out of town. :blink:

10) I have much more power/authority as a fan than I ever imagined. Apparently I have the authority to run players out of town. (Would never have imagined that based on the fact that we usually don't pick who I want in the draft) :lol:

I would like to thank you for pointing out my many faults as a Falcon's fan. Be rest assured that I shall endeavour to correct all listed flaws at my earliest possible convenience.

No, houston should,ve been cut but some sucker team took him. think about it the past like 10 yaers detroit drafted in the top 5 yeat the team is still terrible. the reason. trades like this. giving draft picks for a guy who was gonna get cut. we have grimes owens dunta, williams and hill. they all preformed better than houston. to say houston could make the probowl yes he has the physical skill but not the it factor needed to make plays on the ball. personally i don't think he is a corner he is strong enough to play safety and the ball would be in front of him then.