If Haden Falls to 19...

sporkdevil

Haden is dropping like a rock, and according to some scouting guys he should be there at 19, or even at 23.

So, is there a way we can really pass on that talent at 19? Dunta and Haden sounds like a massive improvement, but of course, we would also be ignoring DE/OLB until later.

If it comes down to Graham, Haden, and Spoon, who do you take?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haden isn't even in the equation at this point. We just signed Robinson and behind that we have pretty good depth. Then add in how bad he performed at the combine i don't think that we will look that hard. Right now i think its a close race between Graham and Spoon.

He ran that terrible time, but every scout I legitimately like says he plays like a 4.3 guy. It would be hard to pass on the best corner in the draft, regardless of what you have on the roster. We could have lock down corners.

I'd rather build OL before looking at Haden.

Pats don't use high picks on OL. I wouldn't be surprised to see us pick up some no-name or two in FA and maybe someone late in the draft. If we were seriously going to replace someone, we wouldn't have tendered both Dahl and Clabo. Well, at least not with 1sts.

Edited by sporkdevil

If Joe Haden is there, you ask Minny and Dallas and San Diego how much they'd be willing to give up to get their hands on him.

When they respond "1st, 2nd this year, 3rd next year", you trade back, and then take the top player on the board at that point, which will likely be either an offensive lineman, a TE, or a WR.

You then use the 2nd round pick to acquire Jerry Hughes, a bigger version of Robert Mathis...

Then you dominate the league and win 3 Lombardi's back-to back-to back

We have D Rob now so I would pass. We need a DE now. We need pressure on the QB. If we get that then I think

Owens and D Rob can hold it down. And yeah I said Owens b/c he is the next best CB and he was the starter when

the season ended so it's his job to loose.

Pats don't use high picks on OL. I wouldn't be surprised to see us pick up some no-name or two in FA and maybe someone late in the draft. If we were seriously going to replace someone, we wouldn't have tendered both Dahl and Clabo. Well, at least not with 1sts.

Idk...tendering people who are still useful and give us options was a must. I would really like a mauler at guard. If Iupati is still there and TD deems him worthy, then I would be for that pick. H3ll, even moving Clabo inside to guard, getting rid of Blalock and drafting a tackle would be productive. Then again who knows what we have in Svitek and Reynolds.

Edited by Fire_Mularkey

Probably Graham and depends on how fast Haden is on tape. Maybe he just had an off day

Supposedly he didn't train like most athletes for the 40 so it could be as simple as that. THe clock, at the combine, starts as soon as your arm starts to move and if you have a bad start then you have a bad time. His tape is very good. If he falls, take him because we don't even know how well Williams can come back and how fast he'll be 100%. I can easily see the 4 top CB's as Robinson, Haden, Owens, and then Grimes. That's a nice group from top to bottom.

If not him then I go Spoon. I don't like guys that make huge jumps in draft status because of the senior bowl or the combine. Graham is one of those guys. I'm just not sold.

I'm sorry but with a 4.58 40 time something like that, if he can't run no faster than that, please if we were to pick him @ 19 then you could say that would be our worst pick ever. Forget the hype, there's alot of depth @ CB in this draft with alot of speed to go with it, so just say no to the hype.

Hmmmm..... I seem to remember trading back into the twenties to get Sam Baker. I think TD has some Patriot ways, but we dont do everything like the Pats GM. I am starting to think that it was Pioli that was really running the drafting show and FA for the most part. Since Pioli left the Pats have been much more active in FA and the draft picks have underperformed compared to the previous regime so far.

Hmmmm..... I seem to remember trading back into the twenties to get Sam Baker. I think TD has some Patriot ways, but we dont do everything like the Pats GM. I am starting to think that it was Pioli that was really running the drafting show and FA for the most part. Since Pioli left the Pats have been much more active in FA and the draft picks have underperformed compared to the previous regime so far.

Yeah, but we really needed to solidify that spot.

Plenty of old Pats players were bad. Chad Jackson, a 2nd rounder, failed miserably. They still can't get a good running back. They had zero WR's and had to trade for Moss and Welker. No team is perfect, everyone just imagines they are.

Gandy was just not going to do it.

Edited by sporkdevil

Yeah, but we really needed to solidify that spot.

Plenty of old Pats players were bad. Chad Jackson, a 2nd rounder, failed miserably. They still can't get a good running back. They had zero WR's and had to trade for Moss and Welker. No team is perfect, everyone just imagines they are.

Yeah i think Bellicheck(sp) ability to out game plan most NFL coaches kept that stuff from being too exposed but the game is changing and the Pats are desperate. I do think that if Haden is there we may consider trading but now that we signed Dunta and traded Houston we will probably lose some of our leverage in that trade, unless two teams below us really need a CB. I think that we need to go ahead a solidify the DE position with some Grade A talent.

I don't know - I really, really hoped we would get him - but now, with the Robinson signing - I think we would be better off taking either DE or OL - depending on the best available at the time.

Not too worried about LB - because this draft is loaded with LB talent - so we'll probably pick one up in 2nd or 3rd round.