Derrick Morgan could fall to 19

bigjmw84

i didnt think a DE would be selected till JAX #10, but with the signing of Kampman, their could be a slide.

He is a 4-3 DE,but their are plenty 3-4 teams in front of us:

11.Den. they will need WR,NT,S,CB

12.MIA.Another LB is needed as well as WR,S and NT

13.SF needs secondary help,O-line, and a real #2 RB

14.SEA. Its looking like they will deal this pick to DEN

15.NYG. Tuck and Kiwanuka are very good ends rather Osi stays or not. DT is a bigger need

16.TEN. They may be our only threat. they need a #2CB opposite finnegan, a center,and LB

17.SF. look at 13

18. Need a S, LB

Iam a fan of Brandon Graham, but I think Morgan would be a better fit for us at LE. I am a fan of spoon, but I think he is getting overhyped. I think D Washington could be just as good in my oppinion

I would love to get Derrick Morgan but I would not trade up for him. Falcons still have lots of needs and not enough quality draft picks already since we dealt the 2nd round pick for Gonzo.

Falcons need more picks - not less....

If somehow Derrick Morgan fell into our lap, heck yeah take him.....otherwise, just be content at #19 and grabbing a Spoon! :rolleyes:

When was the last ROOKIE DE that made a noticeable impact in his 1st year in the league??? Mario Williams (Texans) was "all world", too...A projected "can't miss 1st impact" player and it took him 2 to 3 years to become the "impactful" All-Pro he is today!

Morgan, Graham and many other DEs in this year's draft might very well turn out to be great pros, but I would much rather go after a LB with the 19th pick...

When was the last ROOKIE DE that made a noticeable impact in his 1st year in the league??? Mario Williams (Texans) was "all world", too...A projected "can't miss 1st year impact" player and it took him 2 to 3 years to become the "impactful" All-Pro he is today!

Morgan, Graham and many other DEs in this year's draft might very well turn out to be great pros, but I would much rather go after a LB with the 19th pick...

When was the last ROOKIE DE that made a noticeable impact in his 1st year in the league??? Mario Williams (Texans) was "all world", too...A projected "can't miss 1st impact" player and it took him 2 to 3 years to become the "impactful" All-Pro he is today!

Brian Orakpo had 11 sacks and made the pro bowl as a rookie.

Another thing to look at is the fact that JPP could go ahead of him just because people think JPP will be a better 3-4 player than Morgan if they were both to be in the 3-4 and a lot of those teams ahead of us are 3-4. I have been watching some video on Morgan and I'm getting so excited. Him and Graham are the two guys I want, if we get either I'll be really happy. Morgan reminds me a lot of a Justin Tuck/Patrick Keryney mix. He is built like Kerney but plays more like Tuck.

Spoon, Morgan, JPP, Graham.

Honestly, at least two of those guys will be there when we pick. Kinda hard to make a poor choice here. I would be good with any, but I think I like Morgan and Graham because of our needs at the position, over Witherspoon.

I agree. I think we're more likely to find a starting-caliber OLB in the 3rd round than a starting-caliber DE.

Thanks for the response. Orakpo is what I call an "aberration". How many b4 him?

who cares about instant impact? not the front office. like they said, its a process. if u can take a potential pro-bowl LE in morgan to replace abraham, u do it rather than take a OLB which is much less important. pass rushing LE is much more important than an OLB so u take the guy who will help u long term and likely immediately as well if he plays a more valuable position. TD is big on positional value.

who cares about instant impact? not the front office. like they said, its a process. if u can take a potential pro-bowl LE in morgan to replace abraham, u do it rather than take a OLB which is much less important. pass rushing LE is much more important than an OLB so u take the guy who will help u long term and likely immediately as well if he plays a more valuable position. TD is big on positional value.

There's just something ironic about a guy whose sig is JA98 saying 'who cares about instant impact'?

i would take morgan if he dropped but ever since anderson i am afraid to say i want a DE in the first the safest pick would be SPOON in my opinion

Remember JA98 was a McKay pick in 07, but it will be TD picking a DE/OLB/? at 19 this time and after what we have watched TD do with this team in 3yrs you should be over all of that fear from the past. This is a new Falcons era. All the pieces are coming together.