Plenty of potential trades at the top.

I'm not sure if it is just me or not, but it seems like there might be a lot of shaking up done at the top of this year's draft. There are teams all over the place that are making moves in Free Agency that make their draft strategy much different.

St. Louis at number 1:

They have plenty of options if they sit there at number one. The idea right now is that if they stay there, they'll be going with Suh, McCoy or Bradford. In my opinion, if they sit where they are right now, Bradford will be the pick. However, as soon as it was official that the Rams had the number 1 pick, people were saying that they may have to trade down due to financial issues and those issues still seem to exist. They could also trade down with Tampa at 3 and still end up with one of three players I mentioned before.

Detroit at number 2:

Originally it looked like Detroit was in perfect position to address their need at DT with either Suh or McCoy, but now they've addressed that by adding Corey Williams via trade. So what other needs do they have? Well it seems like offensive line has to be the choice now, so why not trade down and get someone like Okung? I think they could work a deal with someone like KC at 5 if KC really likes Eric Berry and he seems to be in Washington or Tampa's sights. Then they could land the LT they need to move Backus inside at guard.

Tampa at number 3:

The other teams have been trade down options, but Tampa is the most likely to move up. See St. Louis' trade down option with Tampa on this one.

Washington at number 4:

This could be an interesting situation for this team. If they feel like Clausen may be slipping, maybe they want to trade down and land him later in the top 10? Well there has been some rumblings that Buffalo may want Campbell and Washington may want Whitner from Buffalo. Well Buffalo has another player at a position of need for Washington-Marshawn Lynch. So here is an interesting idea for these teams: Buffalo sends Marshawn Lynch, Donte Whitner and a draft pick to Washington for Jason Campbell and a swap of first rounders.

Kansas City at number 5:

This is the team that I don't really see moving up unless they are smitten with Eric Berry and fear him being gone. I don't see them moving down either with their sights probably set on either an OT or Berry. Okung or Berry very well could be the pick.

Who do we give up to go that far up ?

matt ryan or mike turner?

I don't think so

I'm not quite sure what you're talking about? I would've posted this it TATF if I meant that I wanted the Falcons to trade up into these spots. This post was just about teams that may be looking to move, had nothing to do with Atlanta.

I'm not quite sure what you're talking about? I would've posted this it TATF if I meant that I wanted the Falcons to trade up into these spots. This post was just about teams that may be looking to move, had nothing to do with Atlanta.

ok i'm sorry

ok i'm sorry

No need to be sorry dude, you did some research and analysis that was ok it's just not applicable to the Falcons. There will only be one of those kind of trades at the top and that would be for a QB (like the Jets moving up to get sanchez last yr) if someone is afraid their guy won't be there. Other than that it won't happen because teams don't want to pay the extra money. If a team is at no 8 and tried to move to 2 or 3, not only would it cost them their 2nd rd pick and 5-7 mil in guaranteed money. It's the one thing that has to get fixed in the next CBA agreement. Something is definately wrong with the system when teams don't want the high pick because they have to commit 8-10 percent of their total payroll to an untested rookie.

No need to be sorry dude, you did some research and analysis that was ok it's just not applicable to the Falcons. There will only be one of those kind of trades at the top and that would be for a QB (like the Jets moving up to get sanchez last yr) if someone is afraid their guy won't be there. Other than that it won't happen because teams don't want to pay the extra money. If a team is at no 8 and tried to move to 2 or 3, not only would it cost them their 2nd rd pick and 5-7 mil in guaranteed money. It's the one thing that has to get fixed in the next CBA agreement. Something is definately wrong with the system when teams don't want the high pick because they have to commit 8-10 percent of their total payroll to an untested rookie.

Exactly. I can't believe the contracts that rookies get. Teams that draft a player at a position of value such as QB and he fails, that team is screwed for the next 5 years at least. It sets franchises back, and that's why a lot of teams can't get out of the cellar: because their high picks fail and it sets them back big time.

Exactly. I can't believe the contracts that rookies get. Teams that draft a player at a position of value such as QB and he fails, that team is screwed for the next 5 years at least. It sets franchises back, and that's why a lot of teams can't get out of the cellar: because their high picks fail and it sets them back big time.

See the Cleveland Browns !!!!!!!!! They have 2 QB's with fat contracts that they can't trade for anything of value and feel like they can't cut them because it would make them look like a larger idiot than they already are. And the talk is that they may draft Clausen lmao. As a long suffering Falcon fan we are finally blessed to have an owner who cares and is willing to invest money and turn the team over to professionals. Then we are lucky He found TD who is young and innovative but came from an organization that is serious and works hard and instilled that in him. Then TD thought outside the box and didn't get some retread head coach or the next hot cordinator. He got a thoughtful, organized, leader of men. And lo and behold they went out and got a QB with all the same qualities of the GM and Head Coach with talent to boot. The falcons and us fans were screwed for so long because ownership stunk thru and thru and we kept making the same mistakes over and over because of it. To be successful in the NFL, you have to be good at owner, GM, , HC, and QB. It took 40+ yrs but we have finally arrived. God bless Cleveland Lmao

See the Cleveland Browns !!!!!!!!! They have 2 QB's with fat contracts that they can't trade for anything of value and feel like they can't cut them because it would make them look like a larger idiot than they already are. And the talk is that they may draft Clausen lmao. As a long suffering Falcon fan we are finally blessed to have an owner who cares and is willing to invest money and turn the team over to professionals. Then we are lucky He found TD who is young and innovative but came from an organization that is serious and works hard and instilled that in him. Then TD thought outside the box and didn't get some retread head coach or the next hot cordinator. He got a thoughtful, organized, leader of men. And lo and behold they went out and got a QB with all the same qualities of the GM and Head Coach with talent to boot. The falcons and us fans were screwed for so long because ownership stunk thru and thru and we kept making the same mistakes over and over because of it. To be successful in the NFL, you have to be good at owner, GM, , HC, and QB. It took 40+ yrs but we have finally arrived. God bless Cleveland Lmao

It's a good point about the Cleveland organization. Still, Imo this uncapped year would be the time for them to set a direction and move forward. To be able to unload those contracts w/o it counting against the cap would indeed benefit them.

Of course, this is assuming that they do not believe either of the QBs on the roster is their guy.

Since they basically have new management, the blame will likely be attributed to the previous FO which granted those huge contracts.

This year could be win/win for them.