D. Robinson

I made a post earlier about how I thought Robinson would be overpaid. I said that he is a good corner, but he isn't a shutdown corner. I was right. So many people claim he is some amazing corner. It simply isn't the case. Everyone jumped on me about opening my mouth before the contract came out. Everyone wanted to give me negative reviews and to be rude. I love the Falcons. Dante will help our secondary, but my post was right. He was way overpaid, and if all of you that wanted to call me out don't think he was then you are blind. That being said, he will be a good player for us. I just feel like if we were going to spend that much money we should have waited for a better product. I hope Dunta does well in a new environment. I hope he becomes great. T.D has been right for the most part, so I hope I am eating my words by the end of this season.

Dunta is the second highest paid CB in the leaugue.-http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=2774

All you people arguing simply aren't smart. Bring up there is no cap. Say all you want. All of you who wanted to argue and be foolish, he is now way overpaid. The point I was making came true, so anything you want to argue now is pointless.

Where are all the smart Falcon's fans that I meet at the signings that know about the team and football. This board is filled with people who want us to bring in over priced free agents and 3-4 dt's like Williams. This has got to be the dumbest representation of a fanbase. Mike Schneck retired yesterday by the way, do any of you pathetic fans know who he is? Go look it up and come back with the insults.....pathetic

For all of you who wanted Dansby, he went to a 3-4 team for a reason...imagine that.

I bet there are still some of you who wish Vick was our QB.

Edited by Steve Wilkos beatdown

I made a post earlier about how I thought Robinson would be overpaid. I said that he is a good corner, but he isn't a shutdown corner. I was right. So many people claim he is some amazing corner. It simply isn't the case.

I agree he's not a shutdown guy. But what definitive information have you gathered to make you now come back on gloating that you are correct? Have the facts materially changed?

No other product.....if we chose to go Leigh Bodden route, we would be overpaying him too.

Uncapped year.

Limited FAs

Top CB available.

Premier position on defense next to DE.

Extreme lack of starter talent at CB

Youngest CB available.

Guys are gonna get paid more.

I'm just going to state this. Dunta isn't a shut down corner, but that can be said for all but ONE player in the NFL today. Yes, Dunta was overpaid, but I don't think we really understand how bad our cornerback situation is. Without Dunta we are looking at starting Chris Owens(a young player developing) and Brent Grimes. That simply could not happen. We overpaid to secure a talented CB with starting experience who suffered one season-ending injury. The fact of the matter is that we had to overpay, its not like we were in a position of bargaining power with Dunta. Honestly though I think if Dunta just plays at the caliber of an average starting CB that will be an improvement of what Falcon fans have seen the past two years.

I made a post earlier about how I thought Robinson would be overpaid. I said that he is a good corner, but he isn't a shutdown corner. I was right. So many people claim he is some amazing corner. It simply isn't the case. Everyone jumped on me about opening my mouth before the contract came out. Everyone wanted to give me negative reviews and to be rude. I love the Falcons. Dante will help our secondary, but my post was right. He was way overpaid, and if all of you that wanted to call me out don't think he was then you are blind. That being said, he will be a good player for us. I just feel like if we were going to spend that much money we should have waited for a better product. I hope Dunta does well in a new environment. I hope he becomes great. T.D has been right for the most part, so I hope I am eating my words by the end of this season.

There are only 2 shut down corners in the league right now. Namdi and Revis. Namdi has a bigger contract than Robinson and I am sure that when the Jets extend Revis, it will be at a higher contract too. In regards to waiting for a better product? Simply put, it is a rare exception for an upper echelon corner to become unrestricted. There is a reason that teams rarely let a good corner go. Dunta is being on paid on par to the Trufant's and Newman's of the world and I can live with that. He will most likely never see the 5th or 6th year so if we get 4 solid years of CB play then I would be satisfied. Dunta and Brian Williams will do a great job in tutoring our young cornerbacks and I expect all of the others to improve, esp Grimes and Owens.

why do people not understand that you have to overpay in this situation? There is no cap, and teams are going to take advantage of that. We got the best person available in my opinion, and sometimes that costs a little bit of cheese. There's a reason the Yankees win games in the MLB, they are willing to cash in to make themselves better. Do I think Dunta Robinson is a great talent? Yes. Do I think he will make at least one pro bowl with the Falcons? Yes. My homerism aside, the kid has everything. He has amazing hit power for a corner, great coverage skills, was 3rd in the league his rookie season in interceptions, and ran a 4.34 40 yard dash. He now has to prove himself with a monster contract, and in front of his home state. I don't know about you guys, but I'm absolutely ecstatic about this. He's a big name guy, and when was the last time we picked up a free agent at this high of a price? (We haven't).

How much do you think a CB in the first round would have gotten? Not to mention unproven in the nfl. I can promise you TD knows what he is doing. Since you know so much you tell me how much he should get paid. <_<

why do people not understand that you have to overpay in this situation? There is no cap, and teams are going to take advantage of that. We got the best person available in my opinion, and sometimes that costs a little bit of cheese. There's a reason the Yankees win games in the MLB, they are willing to cash in to make themselves better. Do I think Dunta Robinson is a great talent? Yes. Do I think he will make at least one pro bowl with the Falcons? Yes. My homerism aside, the kid has everything. He has amazing hit power for a corner, great coverage skills, was 3rd in the league his rookie season in interceptions, and ran a 4.34 40 yard dash. He now has to prove himself with a monster contract, and in front of his home state. I don't know about you guys, but I'm absolutely ecstatic about this. He's a big name guy, and when was the last time we picked up a free agent at this high of a price? (We haven't).

THANK YOU WELL SAID!!! :D

Thank you posters above me. Finally some people on the forum that are making sense and understood what this move will do for our team. As far as being overpaid goes, there is no such thing as being overpaid. Your value is what a team is willing to pay for your services. I'm glad he is here and look forward to the way he plays.

Well, at the end of the day there is no point dwelling on it.

What's done is done and the deal is signed. All we can hope for as fans, is that he plays like a top 5 corner and the size of the contract doesn't come back to hurt us in the future...