Tebow not a QB

thesav

Not trying to start a race war here, just simply pointing out what I think is perception. If Tebow was black and with his limited skill set as a passer, he would not get consideration as an NFL QB. I understand that many other white QB's were asked (forced) to play other positions. Why does Tebow get a pass? He's not a QB.

Not trying to start a race war here, just simply pointing out what I think is perception. If Tebow was black and with his limited skill set as a passer, he would not get consideration as an NFL QB. I understand that many other white QB's were asked (forced) to play other positions. Why does Tebow get a pass? He's not a QB.

11l7io2.jpg

1) If Tebow were black he'd be MORE likely to get a chance as a starting QB. It's more acceptable for a black QB to have prodigious physical talents but need to develop the finer elements of the game. See guys like Josh Freeman, Mike Vick, Tarvaris Jackson, Byron Leftwich. Its part of whats wrong with the whole black/white QB issue. How about if a guy has the tools and the talent then he gets a shot? Why does it have to be a "black" QB? Why can't he just be a QB?

2) Tebow's success, like most other rookie QBs, will be situation dependent. If he goes to a team where he can sit and learn for 2-3 years he'll likely be a good QB. If he goes to a team where they say "Save us" he'll fail miserably. His best bet is Pittsburgh IMO.

*Click on Talk About the Falcons*

*See thread titled, "Tebow not a QB"*

*Click thread, read first post*

*Smack myself really hard*

Nope, this thread is still stupid, and has absolutely nothing to do with the Falcons.

You forgot to -1 the post. Keep the trend going.

EDIT: I stand corrected!

Edited by GuerillaOntology

1) If Tebow were black he'd be MORE likely to get a chance as a starting QB. It's more acceptable for a black QB to have prodigious physical talents but need to develop the finer elements of the game. See guys like Josh Freeman, Mike Vick, Tarvaris Jackson, Byron Leftwich. Its part of whats wrong with the whole black/white QB issue. How about if a guy has the tools and the talent then he gets a shot? Why does it have to be a "black" QB? Why can't he just be a QB?

2) Tebow's success, like most other rookie QBs, will be situation dependent. If he goes to a team where he can sit and learn for 2-3 years he'll likely be a good QB. If he goes to a team where they say "Save us" he'll fail miserably. His best bet is Pittsburgh IMO.

Wrong name my brother. I guess he's a dark-skinned white man. He can throw, but he can't run to save his life. Now that I got the stereotype over with. Though I am not a fan of Tebow, I am pulling for him to succeed. He is a great person.

Wrong name my brother. I guess he's a dark-skinned white man. He can throw, but he can't run to save his life. Now that I got the stereotype over with. Though I am not a fan of Tebow, I am pulling for him to succeed. He is a great person.

I meant more as a physical speciman with significant drawbacks as a player. Cheezburger wasn't a burner or anything but he was so "big and strong" that I think people were willing to look past his QBshortcomings in hopes that his physical talents would pull him through. That being said he doesnt really fit with the others that I mentioned.

A foolish thread. As a QB in college Tebow was unstoppable. If he can change his mechanics he could be a very good pro. Certainly he has a football mindset because believe me if you were on the field he would run you over like a little puppy.

What's easier to do?

a:fix a throwing motion and teach to read defenses

b:grow a player like Colt McCoy up 4 inches and 30 pounds and give him off the chart intangibles

you dont have to be 6'5 to play qb. brees is 6'0. gaining weight is a lot easier than changing your style of throwing and learning to read defenses.