Smitty wants a DE

hawkeye

"We've spent a major part of our offseason evaluating what we do," Smith said. "Watching the cut ups. I felt that as the season wore on, we got better and better on defense."

The pass defense was an issue. They finished 28th against the pass and gave up 241.9 yards per game.

"It's something that we definitely have to address," Smith said. "Statistically we were not close to where we need to be or want to be. I think that's twofold. One, we address the pass rush and number two, is that we improve our secondary play. Those are areas that we definitely will want to address."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/atl/report

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Good players on defense who aren't about to retire:

Babs

Lofton

Biermann

Jerry

Nicholas

Decoud

Moore

Robinson

Owens

Good players on offense who aren't about to retire:

Ryan

Turner

R. White

H. Douglass

Is this an offensive leauge or a defensive leauge? Answer: offensive. The passing game clearly has a huge advantage over the defense(provided you have playmakers and a good qb).

9 good defensive starters vs. 4 good offensive starters, and it's an offensive league. Yeah, I'm thinking we should focus more on offense than defense in this draft.

Pass rush doesnt only come from a a defensive line, we are ab litzing team and everybody will see how creative BVG really is with his blitzes not that we have an all around secondary that will come up and hit if the blitz gets beat and a RB gets into the second level.

I still think that Spoon is our guy, is an upgrade in coverage over Pete( Only because Pete is getting slower, because Pete is usually in position to make a play just to slow not) and he also adds the blitzing element that Pete really doesnt have anymore.

Babs

Lofton

Biermann

Jerry

Nicholas

Decoud

Moore

Robinson

Owens

Ryan

Turner

R. White

H. Douglass

Is this an offensive leauge or a defensive leauge? Answer: offensive. The passing game clearly has a huge advantage over the defense(provided you have playmakers and a good qb).

9 good defensive starters vs. 4 good offensive starters, and it's an offensive league. Yeah, I'm thinking we should focus more on offense than defense in this draft.

Interesting argument.

Babs

Lofton

Biermann

Jerry

Nicholas

Decoud

Moore

Robinson

Owens

Ryan

Turner

R. White

H. Douglass

Child please!! We won't be taking anybody on offense in the 1st.

I was told that Coach Smith really wants Derrick Morgan bad.... IDK how we can make that happen.....

Ive heard that the Jags may want to trade back...The most TD will trade is probably a 1st, 4th and a Jamaal Anderson

Smith and me both!...didn't the jags sign kampman!...Maybe Morgan could fall to us

Edited by CHOCTHEFALCONFAN

I was told that Coach Smith really wants Derrick Morgan bad.... IDK how we can make that happen.....

Ive heard that the Jags may want to trade back...The most TD will trade is probably a 1st, 4th and a Jamaal Anderson

People say Morgan is the best DE in the draft and if thats the case then I have no problem picking him over Spoon if he's there at 19.

they are trying to sign him

Jaguars | Kampman to start at defensive end

Comment (0)

Sat, 06 Mar 2010 21:56:46 -0800

Michael C. Wright, of The Florida Times-Union, reports Jacksonville Jaguars newly added DE Aaron Kampman will return to the defensive end position after transitioning to linebacker last year with the Green Bay Packers. He is expected to start opposite former first-round pick DE Derrick Harvey

Comment (0)

Michael C. Wright, of The Florida Times-Union, reports Jacksonville Jaguars newly added DE Aaron Kampman will return to the defensive end position after transitioning to linebacker last year with the Green Bay Packers. He is expected to start opposite former first-round pick DE Derrick Harvey

Well that is good news but I just think that they will take Morgan to, Kampman has a few good years left but I think getting Morgan in there and developing and letting him play situational football will develope Morgan very well and once Kampman is done you have a absolute beast replacing him.

So what are the chances now the Morgan could fall to us?

Very good b/c there are only 2 teams, well really 1 and that's TN that may get him. And if TN plays a 34 I doubt

they would take him b/c he doesn't fit LB in a 34. They would take the more athletic JPP for that.

So what are the chances now the Morgan could fall to us?

Hard to tell Jacksonville could have a guy that they are currently grooming and thre signing of Kampman means they fill he can help develope instantly while they are grooming the guy

OR

Morgan is that young guy they are about to completely develope for a year while Kampman gets the majority of the playing time and once Kampman leaves oh my goodness what a player we will see in Morgan.

Comment (0)

Well thats a trade up possibility....

Very good b/c there are only 2 teams, well really 1 and that's TN that may get him. And if TN plays a 34 I doubt

they would take him b/c he doesn't fit LB in a 34. They would take the more athletic JPP for that.

The Titans plays a 4-3

The 2 teams that could take him befor us is

Seahawks

Titans