Trying to save money on groceries? Any good tips for finding coupons or saving money?

My wife and I are trying to start saving money on grocery and household items. We tend to shop at Kroger and use the coupons we see in the newspaper, take advantage of sales, use their kroger plus discount program and they sometimes even mail coupons directly to us. My question is this: Do any of you know any good wesbites or other options for finding coupons on items that you actually use ll the time? I dont expect to become like those coupon ladies who go shopping and the store ends up owing them money when they finish, but if I can cut my costs down, it would be a great help.

Any suggestions for coupons or other savings ideas?

My wife and I are trying to start saving money on grocery and household items. We tend to shop at Kroger and use the coupons we see in the newspaper, take advantage of sales, use their kroger plus discount program and they sometimes even mail coupons directly to us. My question is this: Do any of you know any good wesbites or other options for finding coupons on items that you actually use ll the time? I dont expect to become like those coupon ladies who go shopping and the store ends up owing them money when they finish, but if I can cut my costs down, it would be a great help.

Any suggestions for coupons or other savings ideas?

My wife and I mainly get our coupons from the Sunday newspaper, but you can go to the website of various food manufacturers ie Pillsbury or the sites for various household products and get coupons there as well. Do a Google search and it will list several sites that offer coupons. There are even sites that create coupons that supposedly get accepted at various grocerey stores. Also some stores double coupons. If not everyday then on certain days of the week. Hope this helps some.

My wife and I mainly get our coupons from the Sunday newspaper, but you can go to the website of various food manufacturers ie Pillsbury or the sites for various household products and get coupons there as well. Do a Google search and it will list several sites that offer coupons. There are even sites that create coupons that supposedly get accepted at various grocerey stores. Also some stores double coupons. If not everyday then on certain days of the week. Hope this helps some.

i also know of a number of friends of ours over the age of 60 who use ebay for coupons.. they save a bunch of money that way..

Kroger has a policy that if the item rings up higher than what is says on the self, you get it for free.

Get one of their brochures. Kroger yellow tag deals expire on saturdays; they usually get pulled sunday. Except the person that pulls the old tags usually doesn't come in until 7. Beat him/her to it early sunday morning and you will get free groceries.

I've got free coupons for Perdue chicken products, Coca-Cola products, eggs, M&Ms and Tyson Anytizers.

They're kind of cumbersome to use, since every store that I used them at thinks they're fakes. Then after they find out that they're not, I get the line from the people behind me, "How'd you get THOSE?!?" :lol:

aldi>>>>>>>

I think when people first go there, they are turned off by paying a quarter for the cart ( it pops back out when you return the cart) you have to pay for bags ( but you are free to bring your own or use all the boxes Aldi has laying around) and you have to bag your own groceries( No way around that one, lazy folks!) but the prices are great.I have seen milk prices around 3.50-4$ per gallon and gone to Aldi and bought it for around 2.50 per.

I think when people first go there, they are turned off by paying a quarter for the cart ( it pops back out when you return the cart) you have to pay for bags ( but you are free to bring your own or use all the boxes Aldi has laying around) and you have to bag your own groceries( No way around that one, lazy folks!) but the prices are great.I have seen milk prices around 3.50-4$ per gallon and gone to Aldi and bought it for around 2.50 per.

Aldi is pretty decent. Just stay away from their canned lunchmeats. Yuck.

dang dude that is expensive. the one here sells milf for 1.89. I just love their cereal.

Kroger has a policy that if the item rings up higher than what is says on the self, you get it for free.

Get one of their brochures. Kroger yellow tag deals expire on saturdays; they usually get pulled sunday. Except the person that pulls the old tags usually doesn't come in until 7. Beat him/her to it early sunday morning and you will get free groceries.

You are a maniacal, maniacal man.

I like it.

Coupons are great! Remember that grocery stores place items at its lowest prices in 4-6 week cycles. Learn the cycle and stock up until next cycle Then when an item is at it's lowest price use coupons. There are two types of coupons: manufacturers and store coupons ... usually you can stack these (use both on one product) and coupons will double in value at certain stores such as Publix, Kroger and Food Lion. Stores such as Ingles and Walmart Super Center do not double.

One last tip: CVS Drug stores have great sales where you can buy one get one free. Throw a coupon on top of that and many times you will receive both items for free. In addition, CVS has this program called Extra Care Bucks. When checking out your receipt will print out additional savings for your next purchase. For more info on this log on to www.southernsavers.com

Hope this helps.

Edited by The Great American