Infinity Ward's future

Activision didn't pay IW any royalties so they fired Jason West and Vince Zampella, former heads of Infinity Ward. Activision also letting a new developer named Sledgehammer Games make the next COD game, who knows what will happen to IW now. Could be 2 COD games a year.

Not to mention that Activision is going to court with West and Zampella which will hold any future DLC for MW2 so who knows if the Map Pack 1 will release anytime soon.

So as we know it, this could be the end of IW.

Activision didn't pay IW any royalties so they fired Jason West and Vince Zampella, former heads of Infinity Ward. Activision also letting a new developer named Sledgehammer Games make the next COD game, who knows what will happen to IW now. Could be 2 COD games a year.

Not to mention that Activision is going to court with West and Zampella which will hold any future DLC for MW2 so who knows if the Map Pack 1 will release anytime soon.

So as we know it, this could be the end of IW.

I doubt it will be the end of IW. This will hurt Activision more in the long run.

who cares bfbc 2 is better anyway, then there is socom 4 comming out in the fall. i could care less.

Socom 4 is not multi-platform so it does even compete with the COD, BF:BC or MOH series. I'm not saying it won't be a good game but it can't compete overall with those games in terms of sales. I'll give SOCOM 4 a try via rental since the last one was horrible and I'm not much of a 3rd person shooter fan. Also, all of my friends are on Live so I don't play many online games on the PS3.

I doubt it will be the end of IW. This will hurt Activision more in the long run.

Isn't IW just a partner company?? Like can't they go and sign with a diff game producer like EA or something?? I can't see this being a good buisness decision, however, I can't see it hurting Activision that much.. they have been around forever. I remember WWF: Wrestlmania on the Reg Nintendo..

Isn't IW just a partner company?? Like can't they go and sign with a diff game producer like EA or something?? I can't see this being a good buisness decision, however, I can't see it hurting Activision that much.. they have been around forever. I remember WWF: Wrestlmania on the Reg Nintendo..

I was reading up on this last week, and the guys from IW had left one company, and Activision offered them startup money for like 30% of the company. After their first COD hit on console, they bought the rest of the company. Activision does own IW, however their may be contract stipulations that were breached by Activision allowing these guys to take their company back.