Graham, Kindle, Hardy, Pierre-Paul or Morgan (if he drops)

Statman83

After thinking we would draft an OLB (Weatherspoon)I'm pretty sure we will go DE because Peterson's not going to be 2nd string and Nicholas had a pretty good year 80 tackles and 3 sacks. After looking at some tape of Sergio Kindle, Greg Hardy, Derrick Morgan, and Brandon Graham, and JPP I am sold on Hardy, and Morgan. Now I know Morgan probably will be the first DE taken but his tape he's always is in the backfield but his problem is he misses tackels. Hardy I love because he's always disruptive, and look at the Bama game in 09 he gets chopped by an OT and instantly got back up and blocked a pass. Hardy was always disruptive and has a high motor. I'm not sold on JPP not because of the 7 starts but because he relies too much on his arm length and didn't beat constantly got to the QB late. Kindle I was the same thing he rarely was the first guy to reach the QB also he clearly struggled with Orakpo gone. I think is better suited for a 3-4 defense where he can play LB. Morgan yes he's disruptive but I've noticed that on a good amount of plays he was the last guy there and whenever a guy got an inch past him he just eased up and quit. There have been reports that he takes plays off, like I said he's disruptive but as soon as someone got a little bit past him he quits. I know Morgan prob wont fall to us at 19 but if he and Hardy are there I'd take Morgan but in reality he wont so I would take Hardy.

Ranks

Morgan

Hardy

Graham

Kindle

Pierre-Paul

1. Derrick Morgan - by far the best fit for our defense. Brings strength, power and quickness off the edge. can hold the point of attacke in the running game - complete D-End.

2. Jason Pierre-Paul - sure he's a one year wonder and physical freak who some will say has "bust" written all over him. It could happen - sure........on the flip side, he could be so good in the future that it would make NFL GMs that skipped him feel foolish for 10 years as well. Has size, speed - explosive player.

3. Brandon Graham - has all the intangibles and college on-field production. His lack of size and - dare I say it - short arms! :) are a concern. Will he get engulfed by the bigger/faster NFL caliber offensive tackles?

4. Sergio Kindle - really he is more of a 3-4 rush linebacker in NFL - poor fit for Falcons in that regard.

5. Greg Hardy - this guy peaked his sophmore year in college when he was unblockable. Injuries, attitude and I don't know what else has led Hardy to be a disappointment the last two years in college - if he can find the magic again, he could be a good one.

I would LOVE if we got Morgan but from what I saw/heard he's not good in the run game. If he's gone then I trust whoever DE TD and Smith draft that is if they do. Looking at what you wrote I would also like JPP because of his intangibles I don't like Graham for the reason I specified in my 1st post. Yes the short arms also scare me.

Edited by Statman83