5 choices for the Atlanta Falcons

Here

Sergio Kindle, Texas outside linebacker: Not sure if he’s still going to be there for the Falcons to take at No. 19. Pray. Kindle was moved to defensive end in 2009 but generally is projected as an NFL linebacker. At 6-4, he could drop into pass coverage, knock down passes and rush the quarterback. He recorded 2 1/2 sacks in the BCS title game against Alabama.

♦ Sean Weatherspoon, Missouri linebacker: He’s not as tall as Kindle (6-1) but was a Butkus Award finalist. He performed well at the combine, and GM Thomas Dimitroff reportedly likes his athleticism, and the fact he has strong instincts.

♦ Carlos Dunlap, Florida defensive end: There have been questions about his character, the most noteworthy incident being a DUI at Florida. If the Falcons have significant doubts for that reason, that’s fine. But Dunlap’s talent is off the charts. He would improve the Falcons’ pass rush rush exponentially. He is 6-6, 290, and had nine sacks and six pass deflections as a junior. He also was the defensive MVP for the Gators in the 2009 BCS national championship win over Oklahoma.

♦ Demaryius Thomas, Georgia Tech: Going a little outside the box. The Falcons’ need a second receiving threat outside besides Roddy White. Thomas is a strong kid, tough. He is willing to go after the ball. He would provide a nice balance. He is coming off a broken foot but that shouldn’t be a major issue.

♦ Brandon Graham, Michigan defensive end: He’s not huge (6-2, 263) but he has a knack for getting in the backfield. He finished with 29.5 sacks and 56 tackles for loss in his career (including 10.5 sacks in 12 games as a senior). He stood out at the Senior Bowl in Mobile, Ala., with five tackles, two sacks and forced a fumble, and was named the game’s MVP.

Thanks for posting this.

I wouldn't spend a first on a WR.

Graham looks interesting, but i would still go with Kindle or Weatherspoon.

I say go with Dunlap, even with some character issues he is my choice unless we can pickup a solid veteran then i definitely go with Pouncey.

I say go with Dunlap, even with some character issues he is my choice unless we can pickup a solid veteran then i definitely go with Pouncey.

Yeah, I've gotten so leary of players who make bonehead decisions lately.

I'm also a little bit hesitant about Spoon's supposed vocalness (?)(vocalosity? :lol:)

But I know the media will try to find ( or make) any story it can so I know these things can be blown out of proportion. And in Spoon's case it doesn't seem to matter to his teammates.

Oh, and if the Falcons decide on Dunlap, I think it would mean that they see no problems with him.

So I would be fine with it--he has immense talent.

Edited by rounz

Not really sure why I would "pray" for Kindle to be there, I don't think he's anywhere near the LB prospect that Weatherspoon is. There is no way Dunlap is going to be a Falcon, I don't know where these guys get these ideas, especially people who are supposed to be Falcons knowledgeable -- Dunlap is lazy and has a known history of taking plays off, he's the quantum opposite of a Dimitroff player. If we're looking at WR, I can't imagine Thomas is even on our radar, a guy like Tate I could buy.

I do think there's a chance we're looking at OL at 19, so I'd add Iupati, Trent Williams and Anthony Davis (might drop due to combine performance, but probably not).

Probably why the writer said that he was going outside the box.

Waaaaaaaaaay outside.

Honestly, I probably would take him with our third round pick, though (definitely not with our first, however). He has great speed and strength along with his ability to catch the ball with his hands rather than with his body.

Everson Griffen

I love Griffen, I'd be thrilled if we drafted him. He's a strong, intense DE. Perfect for our system. He ran a 4.66 40 yard dash and mimicked Suh in the bench press. He should be around at 19, hopefully. He's projected between 16-22.

I would like to go after a WR like Jacoby Ford as speed to stretch the field is what we need.

The Pouncey pick I would'nt mind as it is a need the question you have to ask is if we can get value at this position vs OLBer later on and decide which way you go before the draft but knowing TD and MS they already no who they are taking at 19.

I say Dunlap if because he is great value at 19th overall and at 6'6 290lbs he is a big strong fast LDE that will excel against the not so athletic RTs

This is out of the choices available.

Spoon is the fan favorite but will really need an influx of pass rush.

Smitty and TD both have said we need help against the pass. That means help with the pass rush and pass coverage.

We got a cover corner and now we need a pass rusher.

No way we draft anything else but a pass rusher in the first

It has to get real crazy in the first round for us to grab a OLB if guys like Dunlap and Graham are out there.

I would like to go after a WR like Jacoby Ford as speed to stretch the field is what we need.

The Pouncey pick I would'nt mind as it is a need the question you have to ask is if we can get value at this position vs OLBer later on and decide which way you go before the draft but knowing TD and MS they already no who they are taking at 19.

Ford would be a nice slot guy to get in the 3rd

♦ Carlos Dunlap, Florida defensive end: There have been questions about his character, the most noteworthy incident being a DUI at Florida. If the Falcons have significant doubts for that reason, that’s fine. But Dunlap’s talent is off the charts. He would improve the Falcons’ pass rush rush exponentially. He is 6-6, 290, and had nine sacks and six pass deflections as a junior. He also was the defensive MVP for the Gators in the 2009 BCS national championship win over Oklahoma.

No, no way, absolutely not!

This guy is Jamaal Anderson 2.0. I'm too lazy right now to list why because I'm ready to pass out, but I saw this and had to say something. The rest of you choices are fine, but no way in the fiery pits of you-know-what can we take this guy with the 19th over pick in this years draft!

Okay, forget it, I'm wired:

- Lacks agility; sluggish when planting foot and exploding out of cut. There's no fire under his wazoo to get serious leverage on a consistent basis. This could be a result of lack of motor/effort, which is noted a few points below.

- Seen when QB gets past him, he jogs and shows no effort.

- His only pass-rush move is the spin move. No rip move, inside move or spin move.

- Major character issues. Been in trouble with the law? Yes. However what's even more troublesome is his lack of effort/motor/desire on the field. That to me are character flaws as well. Those can be acceptable for a lower-round draft pick, but for a 19th pick overall? No way, boss!

If these sound like Anderson-isms, then good for you. Yes, this guy has great size, but if you have learned anything from past mistakes you understand that size does not equate talent.

Like I've said before, it's all relative. Dunlap is RAW, baby. You just simply don't take chances like that with first round picks.

If you have any questions about my reasoning, holler.

Dueces,

GO

Edited by GuerillaOntology

No, no way, absolutely not!

This guy is Jamaal Anderson 2.0. I'm too lazy right now to list why because I'm ready to pass out, but I saw this and had to say something. The rest of you choices are fine, but no way in the fiery pits of you-know-what can we take this guy with the 19th over pick in this years draft!

These are not my choices!..Post from AJC