This board is UNBELIEVABLE

JKH5785

For weeks all I read on this board was Peppers, Peppers, Peppers.

Many posters on this board wanted to dive in head first and sign a DE that was over 30 years old on the backside of his career for over 70Mill

Some of you would have probably even thrown in money out your own pocket to get him here.

Yet we go out and get the best DB on the free agent market, who will feel a major NEED, I repeat NEED on this team, who is still young enough to have an upside in the right system with the right team for nearly 20Mill less and there are negative nancys crawling out the woodwork.

UNBELIEVABLE

Not me my friend, no way I'd want us to waste money on a guy who is on the downside of his career when we have one already in Abe. I'd rather us get a DE in the draft who will show JA how it's done and who will be around for awhile in his youth not his old age! If we can nab a stud OLB in the first and a stud for the oline in the second, I see no reason why we can't grab a DE in the third. Maybe a TE in the fourth and a WR in the fifth?

Not me my friend, no way I'd want us to waste money on a guy who is on the downside of his career when we have one already in Abe. I'd rather us get a DE in the draft who will show JA how it's done and who will be around for awhile in his youth not his old age! If we can nab a stud OLB in the first and a stud for the oline in the second, I see no reason why we can't grab a DE in the third. Maybe a TE in the fourth and a WR in the fifth?

you my friend can sit by me at any game, we think very similiar

I'm happy we got dunta but he's the second highest paid CB in the league and never even been to a probowl so I can see why people are worried.... me i think he is our best player in the secondary.TD is really good and being a DB scout i'm confident he's going to kick some but this year

Just because I didn't name every need doesn't mean I don't know they are there.

However, their isn't a great young DE out there this year, they are all older Vets on the backside of their career.

We got the number one rated DB in the FA, who is still young enough to have upside.

There aren't many probowlers from the Texans anyhow, lol

you my friend can sit by me at any game, we think very similiar

Absolutely! Hopefully after another great draft and a third winning season in a row, the Falcons will be marching into the playoffs, straight towards a Super Bowl!

I'm happy we got dunta but he's the second highest paid CB in the league and never even been to a probowl so I can see why people are worried.... me i think he is our best player in the secondary.TD is really good and being a DB scout i'm confident he's going to kick some but this year

he's not the second highest paid corner in the league...

You stated it like DE isn't a need. That ruined it for me, but you are right in supporting the Robinson signing. I'm all for it.

It's not a need right now. It's a need when Abraham is gone. Sidbury, Bierman and Davis are all decent. JA55 is still a premier pash rusher in this league, if only for another season or two. We can't get too greedy, we already ahve one of the best pash rushers in the league

London Fletcher has been a complete beast his entire career and he finally made the pro bowl. Using the pro bowl as an anti-Dunta argument holds no weight. I'm not attacking you, just the pro bowl comment because I know many people feel the pro bowl defines a players worth.

Edited by kjv315

I think we will be fine if we get Witherspoon in the 1st.

Then draft a 2nd Rd DE

pick up a young WR that has the height and build to be a #2 and an OLineman

I mean we have alot of pieces in place.

So glad HD is going to be back this year, and I hope to see more of him and Weems in the passing game

I Still Believe Peppers would have been a bigger pick up for us.... if we make playoffs , well i am happy, but unless the front 4 gets alottttttttttt better we wont get 8 wins in 2010.....

its all about winning

and the surest way to win on D is to put the QB on the Ground .....

D Robinson wont be doing that very often and thats a Fact.......

I Still Believe Peppers would have been a bigger pick up for us.... if we make playoffs , well i am happy, but unless the front 4 gets alottttttttttt better we wont get 8 wins in 2010.....

its all about winning

we won 9 this year with a injury ridden secondary and defensive line. How are we not going to get 8 wins next year?

We'll have a better secondary which will give more time for pass rushers and we get Jerry back, plus we still don't know what the draft will hold for us

I'm beginning to think that people would have been happier if our FO had done nothing at all. Let's just draft another DB and wait another year for him to learn the system when a proven vet who wants to be here is available. That's how we get better. We didn't get Peppers...he wanted to be a Bear and didn't even consider another team.

its all about winning

I'm sorry my friend but I have to disagree our front 4 last year basically did'nt get any pass pressure but we still got 9 wins with schedule that is tougher than this upcoming season.Its common knowledge that they believe Peria Jerry will be a big difference maker this year to solve our pass rushing woes and I saw enough in our ability to stop the run to say our front 4 will be fine this year.

I was never a fan of the Peppers noise that people were continuing to echo on here and to be fair I never ever thought he wasd going to be a Falcon so to me all the Peppers discussion was a mute point.

Dunta Robinson well I for one have to eat my words as I thought we weren't going to spend 50 odd mill on a CB in FA but here in lies the difference between myself who is a Falcons supporter and TD and MS who clearly think its money well spent.If you had have asked me this week ago I would have told anyone who said Dunta Robinson was worth 50 mill I'd have been saying put the crack pipe down.

we won 9 this year with a injury ridden secondary and defensive line. How are we not going to get 8 wins next year?

We'll have a better secondary which will give more time for pass rushers and we get Jerry back, plus we still don't know what the draft will hold for us

dude who did we play the last 3 weeks... oh yea the high powered passing games of the Jets Bills and Bucs

we draw indy , Min and SD

we are 6-10 without a grin bro....

our best D Lineman was by far babs , he had 6 sacks....

6 sacks man

after Abe got what 16 in 08 and started with 2 vs Mia in 09 ?

then he disappeared......

peppers on 1 end and a bounce back from abe , with babs and jerry in the middle... the qb is going down on 3rd down.... alot

Owens Williams Grimes and Decoud all look like super stars with that kinda push up front....

lets see what happens, if our top D Line guy has 7 sacks or less , we wont even win 8 games man.....

its the NFL man...

you want to win, you slap around the opposing QB .... ask Saints

SHREDMAN Posted

dude who did we play the last 3 weeks... oh yea the high powered passing games of the Jets Bills and Bucs

we draw indy , Min and SD

we are 6-10 without a grin bro....

our best D Lineman was by far babs , he had 6 sacks....

6 sacks man

after Abe got what 16 in 08 and started with 2 vs Mia in 09 ?

then he disappeared......

peppers on 1 end and a bounce back from abe , with babs and jerry in the middle... the qb is going down on 3rd down.... alot

Owens Williams Grimes and Decoud all look like super stars with that kinda push up front....

lets see what happens, if our top D Line guy has 7 sacks or less , we wont even win 8 games man.....

its the NFL man...

you want to win, you slap around the opposing QB .... ask Saints "

-----------------------------------------------------

First off man, Jets went to the AFC Championship game.

and if the best excuse you can come up with for winning 9 game is "look who our last 3 opponents were" Then you also have to consider who our opponents were the whole season.

your argument holds no water

Also, Abraham had the most QB pressures of any other Dlineman this year

Edited by FlyinRyan

Dude look at the big picture....

the Money wasnt really that big of a dif

we Could have had a Proven Elite DE that would have gave us at least 12 sacks and 2 ff , not to mention what he would do to pad abes stats.... you cant double both.

insteed we go spend Millions on a Corner who was injured in 08 and had 0 ints in 09...

the only person who can change my mind is Robinson ... he has 8 picks and takes a couple to the house cool...

and as far as Jets, when we beat them R Ryan pretty much said we are done, Sanchez looked like Dellhome , their Running Game was their Bread and Butter , not their elite passing game, altho it did get a little better after M Ryan handed them their last reg season loss in the last min.....

Peppers is a Bear so i am not gonna dwell on it....

but if you think we dont need a better pass rush you dont know jack about Football in the NFL.......