Tim Tebow

Tim Tebow-QB-Player Mar. 6 - 3:35 pm et

The National Football Post's Michael Lombardi believes Florida QB Tim Tebow is "very high" on the Panthers' draft board.

Lombardi doesn't have inside info here, but it's a fit that makes a lot of sense. The Panthers value high character players as much as any team in the league, and they're without a backup to Matt Moore. Tebow would give them a high-upside developmental project in case Moore falls short of franchise QB status.

Well if they draft tebow thats 2 free wins

Don't want him to go there, Tebow is going to be a great pro. The guy works too hard to not be a good pro.

And Steve Smith, what a great character guy they have there, glad they value those.

Yeah, I was wondering what they were basing that line on, too.

And agree about Tebow.

Someone will move up or he could be drafted by surprise in the mid to late 1st.

There is no way in hades Tebow gets drafted in the first round. Unless he is the greatest magician to ever walk to the planet, or has nude photos of the GM and his boyfriend.

While I'd love nothing more to see Abraham knock the ever living holy spirit out of that little douchenozzle. I'm so sick of hearing about him, I hope he ends up on a AFC practice squad.

I'm sure people have felt the same way about Vick or Ryan, or any other young QB that has gotten an inordinate amount of press.

But that's hardly their fault unless they're seeking it out.

I can't see why you're so negative towards him.

There is no way in hades Tebow gets drafted in the first round. Unless he is the greatest magician to ever walk to the planet, or has nude photos of the GM and his boyfriend.

In my evaluations, he has the same grade as Vince Young. He's once in a lifetime athlete. Runs like a fullback, shifty as a small running back and is fairly accurate. He does have major weaknesses but his physical tools win out. He needs one year on the bench before he can win and needs two before he's an impact player.

To be honest, he could be an impact player instantly but I am not willing to bet the farm on that statement.

Edited by #1 pick

Or Jacksonville decides to make a business/marketing decision over a football decision.

It's all busines, it's a decision Jacksonville has to make. They are going to have to sell the team unless they increase ticket sales. Jacksonville is a huge gator city, Tebow will bring in ticket sales.

They will trade up or sell a testicle to get him, they have to at this point.

In my evaluations, he has the same grade as Vince Young. He's once in a lifetime athlete. Runs like a fullback, shifty as a small running back and is fairly accurate. He does have major weaknesses but his physical tools win out. He needs one year on the bench before he can win and needs two before he's an impact player.

To be honest, he could be an impact player instantly but I am not willing to bet the farm on that statement.

Don't forget that Young was a much better runner than Tebow. He averaged almost 7 yards a rush while Tebow barely cracked 4...

I'd love to see a Falcon be the one who tears Tebow in half in our first game against the Panthers. Maybe Perry can return from his injury to be the guy who crushes Tebow so horrible it will make Joe Theisman wince. Yeah, that sounds awesome, pick him Panthers!

Tebow was a winner in high school and had a fantastic college career, maybe the best ever. A winner against many of the same people he will face in the NFL, so why would anyone think he would not be a winner at this level?

By the way I'm definitely not a UF fan!

Probably because he'll be facing a larger percentage of better talent in the NFL that he didn't face in high school and college, most of whom are just as big and faster than he is.