Dunta Robinson signing

this board has begged and begged and pleaded and pleaded for a big time corner to be brought in for what seems like years now and now we've got the guy TD feels is "the guy" for this team and this system. the corner that can play man or zone, plays the run as well as the pass and also brings team leadership.

honestly, i feel we overpaid but i'm comfortable with that for 3 reasons:

1- TD doesn't shell out money unless he's really sold on a player. roddy white, matt ryan, michael turner, jonathan babineaux. unless TD feels 110% that you're worth it, you're not getting the big pay day you desire (see foxy and d-hall).

2- i'm going to be blunt about this, we have to play the saints twice a year in this division and it looks like for the next 2 or 3 years this division will run through two places: new orleans or atlanta. new orleans has owned us lately, plain and simple. 7 out of the last 8 games have gone to them and brees has lit us up like nobody's business in 7 out of 8 of those games. if we want to stop the saints, we need to improve our corners (which we've done)

3- signing robinson helps ensure that we won't have to endure this, this, this or this next year.

I agree. We had to get Dunta. And he will help out greatly against the Saints. All we need now is a pass rushing DE. Our secondary is set for years to come. 2/3 of our LB is set. Babs is a beast, and Jerry showed great potential. Abe still commands a double team at times. We are almost there people.

I just put this in another thread to put the "money" into perspective but it applies here as well.

New Falcons CB Dunta Robinson cashed in with Atlanta. He signed a six-year, $57 million contract that includes $25.5 million in guarantees.

Deangelo Hall signed contracts with the Raiders in 2008 at

seven-year, $70 million contract with $24.5 million guaranteed.

with the Redskins on

2/27/2009: A six year deal that contained $23 million in guaranteed money and had a maximum value of $55 million.

Nate Clements signed this contract in 2007

3/2/2007: Signed an eight-year, $80 million contract. The deal contains $22.6 million guaranteed, including an initial roster bonus of $11 million, a second-year $10 million roster bonus, and annual $500,000 workout bonuses. With a voidable year in 2014, it is essentially for seven seasons and $64.02 million.

Now would you rather have Dunta, Deangelo or Clements for that amount of money ?

Just for the record Clements lost his starting spot last year and was relegated to punt returns, might be cut this year.

i can finally say im confident in our secondary and there isn't a starter out there i'm not comfortable with (assuming DR, owens, decoud and moore/coleman start next year)

I like Grimes a little better than Owens, but yeah, I agree. Either way, Grimes/Owens would be the #2 and nickle...just depends on who gets what spot.

...I REALLY hope Houston is out, and we can get some value for him.

I like Grimes a little better than Owens, but yeah, I agree. Either way, Grimes/Owens would be the #2 and nickle...just depends on who gets what spot.

...I REALLY hope Houston is out, and we can get some value for him.

owens got pretty good reviews around the league for a rookie, he's a bit more versatile than grimes, he plays the run better and he also has more upside IMO...so that's why i went with him.

i think houston or hill will get the axe and if we draft a corner then both of them could be gone.

Now we will draft a OLB, CB and DE.

The positions will be fixed.

O Line and WR will also be drafted.

This draft shold now complete the rebuilding process and come

2011 we will be drafting simply BPA or position of need if somebody goes down.

I would also not mind seeing another DT drafted this year ;)