Lost a step, small, no ints last year and gets 25 Million guaranteed

desad

Like I said in my other post I don't get the love for this guy he was awful and not an elite corner last year also might have lost a few steps after a near career ending injury?

Have you watched film? :unsure: Are you a coach? :blink: Are you a scout? :huh: Oh yeah! Are you paying him? Get it through your thick skull our coaches and GM are different from the past coaches and GMs so I have confidents they know what they are doing.

GO FALCONS!!! :P

Dude I only been posting a few posts since yall signed that awful player for that much most of the NFC should be laughing at that terrible signing. I could have understood a 5 year 30 with 8 guaranteed but that contract is insane you guys really didn't see any Texans games last year.

the guy isn't close to 30 and you claim he has lost a step? do you realize who was starting across from him?

Glover Quinn was actually a pretty good rookie there safeties were an issue but Pollard played ok late. The Texans also really need about 4 to 5 better players even with Ryans, Cushings, and Williams he was not an elite corner to be paid that also who else was even interested in Dunta after the Falcons?

Glover Quinn was actually a pretty good rookie there safeties were an issue but Pollard played ok late. The Texans also really need about 4 to 5 better players even with Ryans, Cushings, and Williams he was not an elite corner to be paid that also who else was even interested in Dunta after the Falcons?

Funny how every sports site had him the top rated CB and one the top FAs.

Seems that the Falcon's GM, who made his reputation by drafting CBs, disagrees with you. And considering that he's accountable for his work while you'll have disappeared into another username by the time Dunta has helped make this a top ten D, I'll take his word for it.

Quinn was good for a rookie but doesn't deserve to be anything more than a nickelback. Dunta made it clear he wanted to play in Atlanta so he didn't listen to offers from other teams.

Dude he was coming off an ACL tear.

he will be bright again this year. Can you imagine how difficult it is your first year back off an ACL tear for a DB.

Even Tom Brady was off when he first returned and he didn't have to be nearly as athletic as Dunta.

Dunta turned his game around toward the second half of last season.

He is in the right system, with the right coaches and FO

BRING IT!

Funny how every sports site had him the top rated CB and one the top FAs.

Seems that the Falcon's GM, who made his reputation by drafting CBs, disagrees with you. And considering that he's accountable for his work while you'll have disappeared into another username by the time Dunta has helped make this a top ten D, I'll take his word for it.

HA HA HA I think he just rested his sack on youre forehead!!! +1

Honestly, the Original Poster should be put under PAIN OF DEATH. Can anyone be this ridiculous as far as their stupidity goes? I'll take the Atlanta Falcons Organization's opinion over yours.

BTW, you do realize through Dunta Robinson's 6 years in Houston, he has probably had the worst CB corps in NFL history! I'm serious, can you even name an AVERAGE CB from the Texans, EVER?

Demarcus Faggins? LOL

Edited by michael garvin

It's 37 1/2 hours after free agency started

According to NFL.com FA tracker there are 60 UFA CB available.

D. Robinson is the only one (1 out of 60) yet signed

Small and lost as step or not

Correction I misread the NFL tracker that 60 DBs not 60 CBs

Edited by delaigle

He was good enough before last season that the Texans spent almost $10 mil to keep him around. Sure, he had a down year last year, but didn't he miss all of training camp and offseason workouts over the contract situation?

Yea and hes coming off a knee injury. Theres no way he was 100% He was pretty much just getting back into football shape and getting a feel for the field and body position again

Guest Regular Guy

Have you watched film? :unsure: Are you a coach? :blink: Are you a scout? :huh: Oh yeah! Are you paying him? Get it through your thick skull our coaches and GM are different from the past coaches and GMs so I have confidents they know what they are doing.

GO FALCONS!!! :P

You might want to get that checked out :huh:

Seriously, I too have confidence that the brass knows what the team's needs are better than I. I look at it this way, it can't be worse than what we've had around here lately!

For those hung up on the "contract", most players don't ever play them out, so only the guaranteed money becomes a factor. I think it's a low risk, big reward scenario. If not, then off he'll go to another team. Nothing ventured, nothing gained!!

You might want to get that checked out :huh:

Seriously, I too have confidence that the brass knows what the team's needs are better than I. I look at it this way, it can't be worse than what we've had around here lately!

For those hung up on the "contract", most players don't ever play them out, so only the guaranteed money becomes a factor. I think it's a low risk, big reward scenario. If not, then off he'll go to another team. Nothing ventured, nothing gained!!

yeah, true, and plus he's already proven he can return from a serious injury so the guranteed money is only a big deal if he blows out his knee and can never play again. Look at this way, the Panthers shelled otu 20 million for Delhomme AFTER the Cardinals game!!!!!!!!! What a joke, someone in Carolina should be executed for that, and whoever Delhomme's agent, Rick Smith, should be getting tons of new clients!

Like I said in my other post I don't get the love for this guy he was awful and not an elite corner last year also might have lost a few steps after a near career ending injury?

Dimitroff knows how to scout CBs man. He has been on Dunta for over 2 years...

I think he knows what he is doing.

Guest Regular Guy

yeah, true, and plus he's already proven he can return from a serious injury so the guranteed money is only a big deal if he blows out his knee and can never play again. Look at this way, the Panthers shelled otu 20 million for Delhomme AFTER the Cardinals game!!!!!!!!! What a joke, someone in Carolina should be executed for that, and whoever Delhomme's agent, Rick Smith, should be getting tons of new clients!

Good ole Jake Del Homey (Terry Bradshaw's pronunciation) got axed, wonder where he'll end up? Oooops, sorry there....almost hijacked the thread. Back to Dunta, after the likes of Meangelo Fall and Crisp Houston, we NEED a proven CB. If TD and Smitty think he's the man, then he's the man in my book.

Man I'm jonesing for some Falcon's football already!! :D