D Rob cashed in big! Contract is six year $57 million w/ 25.5 gntd

Wow... that's insane money.

He'd better be starting in the pro-bowl every single year for that money, or we've been torched.

Wait til Revis is out of his rookie contract. This is what it takes these days guys. We NEEDED big time help in the secondary. Like I posted earlier, top flight corners don't have huge stats. IMHO, he is a top 10 CB and I am SUPER excited. Also, let's not forget guys...this isn't our money.

Wow... that's insane money.

He'd better be starting in the pro-bowl every single year for that money, or we've been torched.

Well I don't think he's ever made a probowl before. But I think this will be like most big FA deals, huge at the time, but a bargain down the road. This kid is really respected by his former coaches and teammates. He lined up against the best from day one for them. We probably overpaid, just like every team has to when they sign someone early in the FA period. I'm now gonna be really curious to see what Bodden gets, he'll have multiple teams bidding. Obviously TD liked Robinson best(based on that contract).

At least we are getting a guy who isn't 30+ that will never see the end of their deal. We got a healthy(now) 27 yr old CB who can sure up our secondary for the next 5 or 6 years. Remember when the 49ers signed Clement to that 70 million dollar deal? It seemed rediculous at the time, and he hasn't been a "shut down" corner, but he's still been great for them and they seem pretty happy with it to this day.

TD must really, really, really be high on him because that's more than we paid roddy...heck i think that's more than we paid anybody on our team other than ryan.

I agree, the contract is probably worded very well. These guys know what they are doing when it comes to verbage in contracts. I think Jamaal might be making something in this area.

Only pay attention to the guaranteed money. It's no more than what we paid Ed Hartwell to suck.

I agree it is the guaranteed money that is important not all the other stuff. I actually agree with the other poster that said it is not our money, and TD anc CO seem to very good with managing the cap, so basically who cares who much we paid him.

No, but this is our team. Therefore, we are affected by the FO's decisions, regardless of the money not being ours.

I'm in 100% support of the signing, but I'm just saying.

I think I am missing the point of your retort..Who I am saying this to is to everyone who is up in arms over the terms of the deal. In the current climate, this amount of money is what's necessary to lock up a player of Robinson's caliber. So, do you think the Front Office should run a poll now in the future before they sign FA's to see if everyone agrees with their decision?

Edited by MichaelAkers

TD must really, really, really be high on him because that's more than we paid roddy...heck i think that's more than we paid anybody on our team other than ryan.

yeah, that's what I was thinking. They've been high on him for a long time. They must really think he's an absolute perfect fit, the perfect prototype CB for our system.

He IS fast and physical, so we'll see.

Edited by abstract

yeah, that's what I was thinking. They've been high on him for a long time. They must really think he's an absolute perfect fit, the perfect prototype CB for our system.

He IS fast and physical, so we'll see.

My question now is who goes?

Also, remember the law of supply and demand. There were 2 good FA CBs and only 1 considered a day one starter in the draft. We weren't gonna get Haden(top 10 pick). TD must not have been too high on Bodden- didn't even bring him in for a visit last year. So at that point it was Robinson or bust.

Also, remember the law of supply and demand. There were 2 good FA CBs and only 1 considered a day one starter in the draft. We weren't gonna get Haden(top 10 pick). TD must not have been too high on Bodden- didn't even bring him in for a visit last year. So at that point it was Robinson or bust.

Robinson or bust lol I like that...

So I guess now we know TD's definition of "fiscally responsible".

This is definitely more than I was expecting, but I trust TD and I really really wanted a FA CB so I'm ok with it.

Do you guys really think we were after Karlos Dansby too like it was reported because wow that would have been 2 huge and expensive signings. I still think we wanted both, but were only planning on getting one. I think we wanted Robinson the most, but talked to Dansby just in case we couldn't get Robinson.

My question now is who goes?

Houston is without a doubt gone, and Tye might join him. Tye is going to have to step up big from day 1 in training camp and show that he's got the playbook down to perfection, because if I were a betting man I'd say by the last week of training camp they're going to release two CB's.

Houston is without a doubt gone, and Tye might join him. Tye is going to have to step up big from day 1 in training camp and show that he's got the playbook down to perfection, because if I were a betting man I'd say by the last week of training camp they're going to release two CB's.

Would be nice if we could get some compensation for Houston, but I don't think that would happen. I wouldn't mind keeping him and in nickel, but Owens really came on strong towards the end of the season and I think he might even beat out Williams in TC.

So I guess now we know TD's definition of "fiscally responsible".

To be honest, I never bought the whole "fiscally responsible" pitch that TD was selling. I had a feeling we were gonna go nab some one big.

As soon as Blank gave him the green light, he was probably planning away.

Would be nice if we could get some compensation for Houston, but I don't think that would happen. I wouldn't mind keeping him and in nickel, but Owens really came on strong towards the end of the season and I think he might even beat out Williams in TC.

I really like what owens did at the end of last season. I really think he is in position to take over the helm and replace Williams if not some point this season, then next.

Houston needs to learn to turn his freaking head. He has no idea how to play the ball for a chance to bat it down or intercept it. And it was embarrassing how many times he would get lost in the open field and let WR's get uncontested big plays.

Wait til Revis is out of his rookie contract. This is what it takes these days guys. We NEEDED big time help in the secondary. Like I posted earlier, top flight corners don't have huge stats. IMHO, he is a top 10 CB and I am SUPER excited. Also, let's not forget guys...this isn't our money.

yeah, good point. It's gonna take money in FA for some positions to win games.