With the 19th pick in the 2010 NFL Draft the Falcons select Golden Tate

atlGM

Now that we have Our #1 cornerback our biggest need is need is a playmaker on the offensive side of the ball. Our Defense was better than most want to give them credit for. With all the injuries on that side of the ball they still kept us in 80% of the games.

Any true falcons fan knows that it was the highly rated offense that let us down. Matt Ryan had a tremendous drop in production as well as his decision making. But with that said this is wat is expected for most 2nd year QBs.

Going in to next year with a healthy defense IE( Jerry Moore and vetern CB Williams) and hopefully a pickup of KAMPAN in FA we stand a better chance of creating more turnovers.

To ensure Ryans progresssion into an elite QB our main focus should be on putting receivers around him that GET OPEN AND CATCH THE BALL. We all witnessed Jenkins consitent drops on third down and Roddy being blanketed with coverage. For all of you have that have forgotten this is Jenkins 5th year so he is not goin to get any better.

Other than Roddy and Gonzo their are no other receiving options. Douglas maybe be coming back but in my opinion he does not have the body to hold up in a sixteen game season and is goin to be limited to playing in slot.

Golden Tate has the skill set to be the second coming of STEVE SMITH. He is a former running back and has the hands and speed to be a rookie of the year candidate.

So do ur research and tell me wat you think.

I have a good friend that says the same thing about him. (The Smith comparison)

I live really close to ND and I'll say this. Being a converted RB he's very versatile. He's only been a WR for a few years and is still greatly improving.

He not only is 40 fast but also has great quickness on the field.

And I can't think of a college WR that I've ever seen with stronger hands than that guy. He came down with some catches that I couldn't believe. One of their games he was in the middle of three defenders, there were 4 other hands on the ball and he came down with it.

Definitely has the chance to become a play maker in the NFL.

I was thinking about our draft today and thought, for the first time in a long time, we have decent depth at almost every position (some more than others, obviously) and I wouldn't be upset with almost any pick, besides quarterback. Golden Tate, C.J. Spiller, Sean Weatherspoon, Brandon Graham, ****, even Jermaine Gresham. I don't think I'd doubt Dimitroff regardless of the position.

I am a huge defensive lover. Love to draft anyone in the front 7, but i would not be opposed to drafting Tate. I made a similar thread a few months ago. Look how the league is. It is transforming into a pass happy league. Using 3 and 4 WR sets is a must now. Having Roddy, Tate, TG and HD would be a ridiculously great receiving corp.

Its obvious Jenkins is not getting it done. He is not bad he just is not good. He is not a big play threat, third down threat or redzone threat. And by drafting a guy like Tate would help our defense out more than you would realize.

We will be up more which means more passing situations for our defense which means more sacks/turnovers. How do you think the Saints won so many games? They got up and put people in passing situations and got turnovers. This is one of the reasons i think we should trade picks from next year to get a No.2 WR.

I am a huge defensive lover. Love to draft anyone in the front 7, but i would not be opposed to drafting Tate. I made a similar thread a few months ago. Look how the league is. It is transforming into a pass happy league. Using 3 and 4 WR sets is a must now. Having Roddy, Tate, TG and HD would be a ridiculously great receiving corp.

Its obvious Jenkins is not getting it done. He is not bad he just is not good. He is not a big play threat, third down threat or redzone threat. And by drafting a guy like Tate would help our defense out more than you would realize.

We will be up more which means more passing situations for our defense which means more sacks/turnovers. How do you think the Saints won so many games? They got up and put people in passing situations and got turnovers. This is one of the reasons i think we should trade picks from next year to get a No.2 WR.

You're right about Jenkins. He's adequate, but I don't think adequate is good enough for a top tier offense. His run blocking is tremendous, but he never makes any game changing plays.

I'm intrested, if Dez Bryant falls would you take Tate over him?

Yes. More importantly, I think the front office would.

They openly shy away from players with character issues and Bryant has "pain in the bu++" written all over him.

Plus, I think Tate is a better player anyway.

I like Tate a lot, his 40 time did not surprise me, I always thought he was a low 4.4 guy. When thinking about the Falcons trading down, Tate was one of the player I thought would be available at 19 that other teams may want to move up for. He is without a doubt the 2nd best WR in the draft and the fact that Dez didn't work out will only help him. I was also reading about Dez and how he was a bit lazy. Not sure how true it is but I think Golden is on the rise.

That being said, Falcons could really use Weatherspoon or Griffen. However, Tate would look real nice opposite of White. TE is still a big need to, I think we can go a lot of different ways now.

I like Tate a lot, his 40 time did not surprise me, I always thought he was a low 4.4 guy. When thinking about the Falcons trading down, Tate was one of the player I thought would be available at 19 that other teams may want to move up for. He is without a doubt the 2nd best WR in the draft and the fact that Dez didn't work out will only help him. I was also reading about Dez and how he was a bit lazy. Not sure how true it is but I think Golden is on the rise.

That being said, Falcons could really use Weatherspoon or Griffen. However, Tate would look real nice opposite of White. TE is still a big need to, I think we can go a lot of different ways now.

Agreed. I really like Tate.

I'm intrested, if Dez Bryant falls would you take Tate over him?

I definetly think Byrant would fit nicely into receiving corps. My only concern with him would be his diva type personality in a city like Atlanta. I havent watched much film on him but everyone seems to think he will be a playmaker in the league from day one.

Either option would definetly make us superbowl contenders.