there saying robinson got 27 mil gauranted

hudson

$27 guaranteed? I dunno how to gauge the uncapped numbers, but it sounds like we are more like $8.5-9.5 million a year on him.

Honestly, our pass coverage has been so terrible for so long, I won't complain. I hope we keep the average out around $8 a year, but I'm cool as long as we kept it under $10.

6 years, 27 million guaranteed. That's only 4.5 million a year, not bad for an above average 27 year old CB with extensive starting experience.

That's just $27MM GUARANTEED--he gets that no matter what...the total value is probably closer to $40-45MM, putting Robinson's per annum on par with Foxworth's deal from last year ($6.75-7.5MM/year)

Falcons CB Dunta Robinson's new six-year contract reportedly will guarantee him $27 million.

For comparison, the last big six-year deal signed by a top cornerback (Chris Gamble in November of 2008) included $23 million guaranteed. Clearly, teams haven't shied from spending his offseason despite the uncapped year. The total value of Robinson's contract is still unknown, but he's the second richest CB in the league behind Nnamdi Asomugha. Darrelle Revis, take note.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=2774

Falcons CB Dunta Robinson's new six-year contract reportedly will guarantee him $27 million.

For comparison, the last big six-year deal signed by a top cornerback (Chris Gamble in November of 2008) included $23 million guaranteed. Clearly, teams haven't shied from spending his offseason despite the uncapped year. The total value of Robinson's contract is still unknown, but he's the second richest CB in the league behind Nnamdi Asomugha. Darrelle Revis, take note.

How they can tell he's the second richest without knowing the value confuses me. Just because there is $27m guaranteed, doesn't mean he will be the 2nd highest paid, does it?

That's just $27MM GUARANTEED--he gets that no matter what...the total value is probably closer to $40-45MM, putting Robinson's per annum on par with Foxworth's deal from last year ($6.75-7.5MM/year)

I hope you are right. Dimitroff would be a friggin genius if he got Robinson for under $8 million a year.

How they can tell he's the second richest without knowing the value confuses me. Just because there is $27m guaranteed, doesn't mean he will be the 2nd highest paid, does it?

based off of guaranteed money, he's the 2nd highest paid. that's the money the player will get regardless. if TD goes crazy and cuts robinson tomorrow, we'd automatically have to pay him that 27 mill no matter what.

if you're going by guaranteed money given to a corner, he's the 2nd highest paid. if not and you're talking about total value, i doubt he'll be in the top 5.

almost every big name FA got 20 mil or more guaranteed so far. (peppers, robinson, wilfork, dansby and probably soon to be rolle)

Roto brings up some good numbers, stating that Gamble, the last big 6 year contract given to a corner, got $24 million guaranteed. This was certainly no huge overpayment. I think I would take Robinson over Gamble, and the cost looks pretty similar.

Edit: Oh, that was a $53 million contract. I dunno how this will work out considering we don't have a cap, but maybe we neared $10 million a year.

Edited by sporkdevil

It's not your money so stop worrying about it and stop saying "we" when talking about paying players on the team. Thanks, AB

Well to be fair, the amount of money that is spent on this organization has a direct effect on how much we're expected to put in to fund it. Arthur Blank isn't going to shell out money without expecting to get it back through the fans.

Since it's an uncapped year, do we get to burn the whole $27 million this year and take it off the books, or do you still have to pro-rate it?

Just curious.

No, they've got rules in place to prevent teams from front-loading contracts in an uncapped year. It can only decrease from year to year by a certain percentage.

comparison, the last big six-year deal signed by a top cornerback (Chris Gamble in November of 2008) included $23 million guaranteed. Clearly, teams haven't shied from spending his offseason despite the uncapped year. The total value of Robinson's contract is still unknown, but he's the second richest CB in the league behind Nnamdi Asomugha. Darrelle Revis, take note.

Thank God it's not 2008 if CHRIS GAMBLE was the top CB and he got more than DRob!