TD's next big key move

hawkeye

We are done with anything else big in FA. Our next big splash will be to get back into the 2nd rd. Whether

we do it before draft day or on draft day, TD will make a trade to get back there. I highly doubt anybody will

take Norwood or Snelling for a 2nd rounder. Especially Norwood since he is always injured. So I think we will

see a trade to get back in the 2nd.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We are done with anything else big in FA. Our next big splash will be to get back into the 2nd rd. Whether

we do it before draft day or on draft day, TD will make a trade to get back there. I highly doubt anybody will

take Norwood or Snelling for a 2nd rounder. Especially Norwood since he is always injured. So I think we will

Our next big move is to get Will Witherspoon who is very familiar with BVG and then draft Brandon Graham.

I hate to say it, but this draft is so deep and with the uncertainty of next season with the possible strike, I might be down for trading our 2011 first for a couple picks. Maybe a early 2nd and 3rd. Doubt anyone would bite on that, but it would be sweet to have a few more picks.

Why the F would we let Snelling go?!?!?! If Turner goes down, then what??????

im not saying jsut let him go if a team offers snelling a contract adn were getting a second for him than i would be ok with parting ways with Snelling, plus he is our #3 RB behind Turner and Norwood, so were basically getting a 2nd round pick for a #3 Rb i would definetly be ok with it, RB one of the easiest position to find in the draft

Our next big move is to get Will Witherspoon who is very familiar with BVG and then draft Brandon Graham.

TD will build mainly through the draft. And to be honest, AS MUCH AS I HATE TO SAY THIS, I don't think Graham

will make it to 19. I think TN will get him. I think it's looking more and more like Spoon at 19. Which is

cool too.

Did you watch what he accomplished for us last season?!?!?! He was a freaking beast!!!! Carried us!!!!

Snelling carried us??????? he had maybe two good games, he is our #3 back, and like i stated RB is one of the easiest positions to find and draft in the later rounds.

I think we are mixing easiest to fill with quickest to transition.

Problems: too many college teams run spread offenses, and RB's don't know how to pickup a blitz. Plenty of rook backs can only get limited time because they have only been able to play on run plays (Beanie Wells for instance).

Can they all catch? Well, like I said about spread offenses, they can. But it's no given.

Can they take the beating? Look at those backs in Chicago and Detroit. They both had great rookie years, then were nicked up and just not big enough (my assumption) to be a main back.

Trading Snelling for a 2nd rounder is a poor idea (or allowing a team to tender him). Snelling is a great back who has shown he can carry the rock, ever since he tore it up in preseason after he was drafted. We could grab a guy in the 2nd, but I don't think they could fill the position like we need it filled (as a backup to Turner, who needs a backup). Norwood is at best a change of pace back. Removing Snelling removes all our depth, and I can't imagine who would manage like Snelling did if Turner goes down.

ill answer for myself thx, and yea i think we still would of won 9 games, Snelling did step up in turners abscence but he only had two stellar games while having subpar games the rest of the way and like ive said he is our #3 RB if turner where to go down it be Norwood starting if he is not injured

ill answer for myself thx, and yea i think we still would of won 9 games, Snelling did step up in turners abscence but he only had two stellar games while having subpar games the rest of the way and like ive said he is our #3 RB if turner where to go down it be Norwood starting if he is not injured

You might be ignoring problems Turner had in his game early in the season. Our Oline looked poor, and Mularkey never had us stretch the field (pass wise).

The first time we had a good run game was once Snelling came in week 7. Turner had ONE game over 4 YPC. Snelling put up 9.7 YPC against a very very good Cowboys run D. Then Turner came in on fire for 3 games. Those 3 games were 3 out of 4 of his 100+ yard games last year.

You are really ignoring last year. Snelling was a beast who can take the rock and smash it up the middle for 5 YPC. Oh, and he is a good 3rd down back who can block and catch. He is worth a 2nd rounder to us. We can't trade away all of our talent.

lol ive seen every falcon gm for the last 4/5 yrs and Norwood is a better runningback than Snelling when healthy, have you been watching every falcon gm? and i never said Norwood is a number 1 he is a #2 Runninbback and change of pace back, Snelling is a RB/FB hybrid type of player, and i think if norwood is healthy he has a better chance of starting over snelling, your living of Snellings gms this year before this he didn even touch the field, you cant judge a player of 3-4 weeks

You might be ignoring problems Turner had in his game early in the season. Our Oline looked poor, and Mularkey never had us stretch the field (pass wise).

The first time we had a good run game was once Snelling came in week 7. Turner had ONE game over 4 YPC. Snelling put up 9.7 YPC against a very very good Cowboys run D. Then Turner came in on fire for 3 games. Those 3 games were 3 out of 4 of his 100+ yard games last year.

You are really ignoring last year. Snelling was a beast who can take the rock and smash it up the middle for 5 YPC. Oh, and he is a good 3rd down back who can block and catch. He is worth a 2nd rounder to us. We can't trade away all of our talent.

im not ignoring last year at all, since its the first year Snelling has actuall really seen the field but everyone is also ignoring that if Norwood is not Injured Snelling doesnt see the field as much and yea he had a good gm vs dallas and vs tampa only 2 good gms and the rest were decent and ill agree our Oline wasnt as dominant as the season before.

I concur. Pittsburgh worries me at 18, could take Graham.

im not ignoring last year at all, since its the first year Snelling has actuall really seen the field but everyone is also ignoring that if Norwood is not Injured Snelling doesnt see the field as much and yea he had a good gm vs dallas and vs tampa only 2 good gms and the rest were decent and ill agree our Oline wasnt as dominant as the season before.

You don't have to tell me about Norwood. I have a #32 jersey from the Mora era. But 3 different coaching staffs haven't been able to find a way to fully utilize him and keep him healthy.

Also, I think we are enemies who are really on the same team. We need to keep Norwood, and Snelling. Norwood needs a year where he doesn't get nicked up. So does Turner. We need to put the load more on Snelling and get the most out of our other 2 backs.

I concur. Pittsburgh worries me at 18, could take Graham.

No way. Pitt is great with pass rushers. They SHOULD address their aging Dline or pretty terrible offensive line. They could use WR, CB, FS, and RB, and if any of those guys can improve their terrible special teams would be good.

All I can say is....

wtf_framed.png

cuz you dont have anything else to argue, you have spork arguing for you now, Snelling had a decent year and only had three games where he averaged more that 4yds a carry vs Dallas(ill give it to him he dominated that gm) VS Buffalo(worst run defense) and Tampa(bad runn deffense). and im not a stat guy but for all you stat lovers there ya go after that his best average was 3.7 in two games and he had 7 games with below 3.5 yd average. this guy is a #3 back for us but also our 3rd down back and is expandable

OK, enough buddy. Think what you want. I wish you would not sell Snelling short of the great role he plays in our offense (which by the way has been more productive than ANY year Norwood has had).

thats the thing can snelling be very productive yes he can, will he be> not if Norwood and Turner stay healthy, more productive than Norwood? what??? you cant be serious Norwood when healthy gives us an explosive Rb who is very good at also catching the ball

Snelling wouldnt of played such a big role with norwood being injured, am i glad he is on this team o yea gives us three good Rbs to work with but i also thing snelling is the most expandable. alot of people are over exagerrating over snellings success this year, but were was any of this before?

thats the thing can snelling be very productive yes he can, will he be> not if Norwood and Turner stay healthy, more productive than Norwood? what??? you cant be serious Norwood when healthy gives us an explosive Rb who is very good at also catching the ball

And I would be dating super models if I wasn't so broke and ugly. Snelling just hasn't stayed healthy. It hasn't always shown up in games played, but it has certainly showed up in his actual game time. You gotta have a mid way dude. Snelling needs more play time so we can get Norwood to play for 16 games.

And I would be dating super models if I wasn't so broke and ugly. Snelling just hasn't stayed healthy. It hasn't always shown up in games played, but it has certainly showed up in his actual game time. You gotta have a mid way dude. Snelling needs more play time so we can get Norwood to play for 16 games.

And this is where we agree, now our O coordinator has 3 backs to actually work with and this could help keep Norwood healthy,

Numbers and victories don't lie brother

Numbers and victories????? His most Productive year isnt as good as any Norwood has had, Victories what victories? he helped n some but there is probably only ONE actual game i can think he was the biggest factor in and that was vs tampa