D. Orlando Ledbetter's Mock Draft

JOEinPHX

I thought there would have been some comment on this already, but apparently no one on the board has called out DOL's latest bit of lunacy. He posted a mock in the AJC today and has the Falcons taking Maurkice Pouncey with their first round pick. The logic behind his choice? That McClure is getting rag-dolled by 3-4 nose tackles because he's undersized. His solution? Burn your first-round pick on a guy who weighs three pounds more and will have even less leverage because he's a little taller.

The rest of his mock doesn't make much sense either, but the Falcons pick is egregious. Pouncey is a good player and a long-shot first rounder, but a center has to be an absolute mauler to warrant a mid first round pick. He's not a value pick at 19 and good centers are typically available in the third or fourth or later.

No way. Matt Tennant in the 3rd with our comp pick. Pouncey is tainted with Tebow. (pun intended)

If we go Offense in the first I want Golden Tate or Bruce Campbell. I'll be ecstatic if we get Spoon. Spoon would help neutralize the Shockey / Bush attack that hurt us so bad last season.