Now That We Have CB Robinson

Radiohead

I know a lot of people on here disagree with me on Norwood, but I think now may be the perfect time to trade him for a 2nd Rounder.

1. We still don't have a 2nd Round Pick and we could take our chances going DE in the 1st to see if Weatherspoon will drop to the 2nd Round and grab him there -- making our defense SCARY.

2. Then, we could use 3rd Rounder on O-Line or RB (McCluster (Ole Miss), Dixon (Miss St.) might be on the board still.

3. If Norwood was going to have a 2nd Round value, although coming off a disappointing year in 2009, this offseason is the last time.

-- He still has plenty of game-tape to convince RB hungry teams (Det, SD) that he is worth that as part of a tandem.

I think it's clear Snelling wont get offers, and you know Dimitroff wants to keep him around to backup Turner, but Norwood we can replace.

-- He's been one of my favorite Falcons for quite some time, but I think it's time we let him go somewhere else and use the 1st and 2nd to make this defense nearly unstoppable.

He's tendered for a 2nd, but we'd be lucky to get a 3rd for him. All the talent in the world but injury prone and lacks the vision to be a superstar. I've been a big fan, but my patience is wearing thin with Norwood. I hate that, I was at 2 of his better games and he looked like the fastest player I've ever seen.

He's tendered for a 2nd, but we'd be lucky to get a 3rd for him. All the talent in the world but injury prone and lacks the vision to be a superstar. I've been a big fan, but my patience is wearing thin with Norwood. I hate that, I was at 2 of his better games and he looked like the fastest player I've ever seen.

Agreed. 2007 MNF against the eventual Superbowl Champs NYG.

I'm just sick of not being able to depend on Norwood, we need to go in another direction.

I know a lot of people on here disagree with me on Norwood, but I think now may be the perfect time to trade him for a 2nd Rounder.

1. We still don't have a 2nd Round Pick and we could take our chances going DE in the 1st to see if Weatherspoon will drop to the 2nd Round and grab him there -- making our defense SCARY.

2. Then, we could use 3rd Rounder on O-Line or RB (McCluster (Ole Miss), Dixon (Miss St.) might be on the board still.

3. If Norwood was going to have a 2nd Round value, although coming off a disappointing year in 2009, this offseason is the last time.

-- He still has plenty of game-tape to convince RB hungry teams (Det, SD) that he is worth that as part of a tandem.

I think it's clear Snelling wont get offers, and you know Dimitroff wants to keep him around to backup Turner, but Norwood we can replace.

-- He's been one of my favorite Falcons for quite some time, but I think it's time we let him go somewhere else and use the 1st and 2nd to make this defense nearly unstoppable.

no way in **** he slides that far... he might be gone before our first pick...

why trade norwood keep him he is a homerun hitter when healthy, and for most that dont know theres alot of speculation that teams are intrested in Snelling who is tendered a 2nd rounder and i have a feeling thats how we will get our second rounder this year, i see Detroit maybe going after him

Norwood has a second round tender for exactly that reason. He's bait, and if somebody will bite for a second-rounder, the front office is good with it. But if they actively shop him, his value drops and a third-round pick (at best) becomes the probable scenario. I don't expect to see him going anywhere - a bite on Snelling is more likely.

I don't know how reliable the 40 times were this year but Jerious ran a 4.33 40 at the combine. I know there is more than straight line speed but a change of pace back needs to be fast as he!!.

Name Time

Best, Jahvid 4.35

Spiller, C.J. 4.37

Tate, Ben 4.43

Mathews, Ryan 4.45

McKnight, Joe 4.47

Hardesty, Montario 4.49

Starks, James 4.50

Miller, Lonyae 4.53

McNeal, Shawnbrey 4.56

McCluster, Dexter 4.58

LOL threadstarter is dreaming if he thinks any team would trade their 2nd rounder for Norwood LOL. We might get a 6th rounder for him, maybe.

Tell me you're joking... 6th Rounder...

Norwood is a stretch at 2nd, but definitely at least a 3rd Round.

-- There are some teams out there desperate for RBs (SD, Det), I think you'll be surprised.

I don't know how reliable the 40 times were this year but Jerious ran a 4.33 40 at the combine. I know there is more than straight line speed but a change of pace back needs to be fast as he!!.

Name Time

Best, Jahvid 4.35

Spiller, C.J. 4.37

Tate, Ben 4.43

Mathews, Ryan 4.45

McKnight, Joe 4.47

Hardesty, Montario 4.49

Starks, James 4.50

Miller, Lonyae 4.53

McNeal, Shawnbrey 4.56

McCluster, Dexter 4.58

Gotta understand I'm not questioning Norwood's speed. He was one of the fastest player in the NFL until C. Johnson.

Also, not questioning his heart. I'm simply going in the direction that this is the last year Norwood will have any real trade value. Also, I've never felt like he fit in right with Smith's and Mularkey's power-running scheme.

-- I would miss him, but I think, even at a 3rd Round pick, this is a good trade.

Norwood wouldn't go for anything more than a 4th or a lae 3rd MAYBE.

Like I said after the post, I should have clarified that I thought a 2nd Rounder was a stretch.

I guess I attempted that in mentioning the fact that there were some really desperate teams looking for RBs (Det, SD).

-- Who knows? Dimitroff is a smooth-talking son of a gun.