For those saying we are focusing on the wrong things:

We just signed a great corner which is a position of need. Be patient, TD and the rest of the FO will get the pass rush and linebackers we need. You can't do it all at once. TD knows what he is doing, you don't. Get over yourselves.

yup. exactly. I am very happy, it goes us so much more freedom for the draft

We just signed a great corner which is a position of need. Be patient, TD and the rest of the FO will get the pass rush and linebackers we need. You can't do it all at once. TD knows what he is doing, you don't. Get over yourselves.

You don't think 99.9 pct of ppl on this MB don't know this? People are just expressing

their opinion. We need a thread to remind us of this? Please, as you say - Get over

yourself.

we needed a dominate pass rusher alot more than a corner dude....

ppla ask what was the dif between 08 and 09,

injuries ?

lack of Running game ?

Ryans play slipping a bit ?

High School Corners ?

BONKKKKKKKKKKK

none of the above

J Abraham puts up 16 sacks like he did in 08 the Falcons easily win 3 to 4 more games and are in the Playoffs...

we could NOT get off the field on 3rd and long , if we had .......all those other problems would have vanished ....

an Elite DE was what we needed....

My exact thoughts about you. If TD is looking at Dansby then by god he knows he is a good player and would upgrade us at SLB which means you don't know what your talking about.

My exact thoughts about you. If TD is looking at Dansby then by god he knows he is a good player and would upgrade us at SLB which means you don't know what your talking about.

TD isn't looking at Dansby. Therefore you don't know what you're talking about. He isn't a fit in Atlanta and TD knows that.

injuries ?

lack of Running game ?

High School Corners ?

BONKKKKKKKKKKK

none of the above

J Abraham puts up 16 sacks like he did in 08 the Falcons easily win 3 to 4 more games and are in the Playoffs...

we could NOT get off the field on 3rd and long , if we had .......all those other problems would have vanished ....

And then what would we do at CB? Draft another one? Adding ANOTHER young corner back to our already extremely young core was with out a doubt the dumbest thing we could have done this off season. Getting a vet at corner was key.

You forget, Jerry was supposed to make a big difference at pass rush, he'll be back. And more importantly we can now draft D-line with our first pick, and it's an easier for a pass rusher to transition into the NFL than it is for some one covering the pass.

I wouldn't have been pissed if we went out and got a DE in free agency, but I think there were better moves out there. Plus TD and Smitty have been infatuated with Dunta for two years.

injuries ?

lack of Running game ?

High School Corners ?

BONKKKKKKKKKKK

none of the above

You have a vaild point but the only elite DE in FA was Peppers and were building a dynasty

so paying that much for a 30 year old DE is out of the question.

And i really think our FO thinks with a Healthy Jerry and Babs Our DE's production will

greatly improve.

Or that might be eyeing a DE in the draft

Edited by falconsfever2006

And then what would we do at CB? Draft another one? Adding ANOTHER young corner back to our already extremely young core was with out a doubt the dumbest thing we could have done this off season. Getting a vet at corner was key.

You forget, Jerry was supposed to make a big difference at pass rush, he'll be back. And more importantly we can now draft D-line with our first pick, and it's an easier for a pass rusher to transition into the NFL than it is for some one covering the pass.

I wouldn't have been pissed if we went out and got a DE in free agency, but I think there were better moves out there. Plus TD and Smitty have been infatuated with Dunta for two years.

well now it sounds like ur controdicting yourself, cause if we get a DE in round one,m thats just like getting a CB, so it only make sense to get an OLB in the first since its our thinest group, and less productive....

i believe Williams , Owens, Grimes and Houston would have been 100% better if they had a 15 + Sack guy on the DE ...

alot like Foxworth and Houston were in 08

we saw what foxworth did last yr in Balt , got burned mainly, and Ravens have a good D, but not a 15 sack Guy, Foxworth should send Abe a Couple of Mil because he was a big reason why Foxy got the big deal.....

man Falcons could have you and me starting at Corner and still do ok if you have J Peppers Babs Jerry and Abe rushing the passer....

its not rocket science man....

I dont think we will even go DE in the first rd. I dont think we will go DE at all this draft. We will see the differance PEria makes to the O-line and with whats looking like a good pass rusher in Kroy we can have a very good year rushing the passer. I think we will add another DT before we add a DE. I have been saying it a lot lately but I think we will see Dorsey in a Falcons uniform.

Good luck on trying to convince ppl of this. I happen to agree 100pct and with the

added experience of El Sid/Beerman, Jmho, but we are set at DE for awhile.

well now it sounds like ur controdicting yourself, cause if we get a DE in round one,m thats just like getting a CB, so it only make sense to get an OLB in the first since its our thinest group, and less productive....

It's not the same thing, you see D-line men rack up sacks straight out of college every year. Although I wouldn't be opposed to drafting an OLB in the first, I think we should go with DE because our defensive scheme relies on DE production.

i believe Williams , Owens, Grimes and Houston would have been 100% better if they had a 15 + Sack guy on the DE ...

we saw what foxworth did last yr in Balt , got burned mainly, and Ravens have a good D, but not a 15 sack Guy, Foxworth should send Abe a Couple of Mil because he was a big reason why Foxy got the big deal.....

man Falcons could have you and me starting at Corner and still do ok if you have J Peppers Babs Jerry and Abe rushing the passer....

Solid production at the D-line doesn't all of the sudden make a CB turn his head so he can make a play on the ball. Our CB's were terrible and outmatched whenever we had man to man coverage. I can count the amount of interceptions that we had that weren't by a roaming defender on half of a hand.

A solid pass rush is without a doubt key to helping your CB's, but if you think we were going to be fine with the crop of CB's that we had last season you're crazy.

I dont think we will even go DE in the first rd. I dont think we will go DE at all this draft. We will see the differance PEria makes to the O-line and with whats looking like a good pass rusher in Kroy we can have a very good year rushing the passer. I think we will add another DT before we add a DE. I have been saying it a lot lately but I think we will see Dorsey in a Falcons uniform.

A. Sidbury fell off at the end of the season.

B. We just drafted a DT.

C. TD is all about drafting to the base of the offense/defense. I really think DE is the way to go.

Edited by abstract

Good luck on trying to convince ppl of this. I happen to agree 100pct and with the

added experience of El Sid/Beerman, Jmho, but we are set at DE for awhile.

I'm literally quoting TD when I say that "Peria's pass rush up the middle was sorely missed last season."

Signing Robinson and hopefully drafting Weatherspoon will solidfy this team as contenders. Our pass rush is "beastly" with Jerry in the lineup. As soon as he went on the IR, our sack numbers decreased. Him and Babs combined draw the double teams Abe and Biermann need to get to the QB. Our pass rush just missed its key piece. We could add another piece, but I think our best bet is to shore up the pass coverage. If we can buy Abe that extra second he needs, then [fill in the blank]...B)

You realize that +15 Sack guy is not easy to find;

in 08 only 1 (4-3) DE got 15 sacks Abraham (that's 1 out of about 82)

in 09 only 1 (4-3) DE got 15 sacks Jarad Allen (that's 1 out of about 70)

They just aren't running around in every game.

Edited by delaigle