Boldin is a Raven

savwboy9

I was about to post this. We play them this year, so it's a concern...but them again Boldin matched up to D Rob 23 Yeah

Ravens acquired WR Anquan Boldin and a 2010 fifth-round pick from the Cardinals in exchange for third- and fourth-round picks in this year's draft.

Mar. 5 - 6:16 pm et

I agree. Stole him with compensation and contract. Last year Jenkins signed for 4/$20 million. ****.

yeah i know man.. right... everyone saying we would have over paid looking dumb now... iman.. i wish we could have made a move on that one..

3rd and 4th rounder. Can't believe TD wasnt interested. Jenks was not a reliable #2 last yr.

I still can't fathom how some of you down Jenkins...<_<

Look, our offense took a blow losing Douglas during training camp...he played a big part in our offense being the explosive squad that it was in '08. Now, with him coming back, coupling that with Gonzalez at TE, our offense will be 10x better than the '08 offense! Jenkins is a compliment WR, but when pieces were missing, he lacked the effort to step in and fill the void. My only problem with that dude. Hopefully we'll see a change in his effort this year. Besides, he still posted his usual Jenkins-esque year in '09. I guess people were expecting him to have a 1,000-yard season like Roddy or something, but trust me, he's fine where he is...once Douglas comes back into the fold, we'll see Jenks cash in on the plays that come his way like he did in '08. I think TD believes in the crop of WRs we have now...we still may draft Finneran's replacement, but we're pretty much set at WR...there's no need to trade away two draft picks (especially a 3rd) when the OL positions still need to be addressed.

I still can't fathom how some of you down Jenkins...dry.gif

Look, our offense took a blow losing Douglas during training camp...he played a big part in our offense being the explosive squad that it was in '08. Now, with him coming back, coupling that with Gonzalez at TE, our offense will be 10x better than the '08 offense! Jenkins is a compliment WR, but when pieces were missing, he lacked the effort to step in and fill the void. My only problem with that dude. Hopefully we'll see a change in his effort this year. Besides, he still posted his usual Jenkins-esque year in '09. I guess people were expecting him to have a 1,000-yard season like Roddy or something, but trust me, he's fine where he is...once Douglas comes back into the fold, we'll see Jenks cash in on the plays that come his way like he did in '08. I think TD believes in the crop of WRs we have now...we still may draft Finneran's replacement, but we're pretty much set at WR...there's no need to trade away two draft picks (especially a 3rd) when the OL positions still need to be addressed.

Jenkins is arguably the worst starter of the 22 guys on the team. He gets about 2.3 yards after the catch which is no. 5 WR material. The only guys in the argument with Jenkins for worst starter are whoever lines up opposite Abraham. The Falcons might draft an OLB with their first round pick, but I think Nicholas and Peterson are better players than Jenkins. Jenkins should be used in a role like Snelling. He should be a solid guy in case anybody gets hurt, and occasionally fills in when somebody is tired, but not a starter.

The problem is that there is nobody going to be sitting at no. 19 that would be worth drafting to replace him. I look for the Falcons to use their 3rd round pick on a WR, but the Ravens have got a great deal here on paper. I am surprised TD didn't get involved, and maybe he did but Boldin wanted to go somewhere where he was the no. 1 guy. In Atlanta he would have to had battled Roddy for the no. 1 spot. Although he would have had a good shot at becoming the no. 1a guy with Roddy being 1b.