Pat Yas Chat 3/5/2010

Falcons excerpts.

This might be too early, but I am eating lunch so I got a few minutes. I think the Falcons are going to press strong to get Robinson this weekend, as well as Kampman. Having those two would be huge. If they did what would be the Falcons biggest draft need?

Pat Yasinskas (1:02 PM)</h6>

Think you can count on Robinson getting done. From what I've heard, it won't be official today. Probably Saturday or Sunday. Far as Kampman, I haven't heard anything real strong with Falcons. But Bucs are going after him hard.

Brock (Boulder, CO)

Why isn't Kampman generating any interest in the Falcons camp? He seems like a solid DE that would work well in their system.

Pat Yasinskas (1:07 PM)

Can't say for certain he's not getting interest from them. But I haven't heard anything to that effect.

Bill (Atlanta)

Pat is the deal with Robinson done for the Falcons and if not do you see another team sneaking in late and possibly grabbing him away from ATL?

Pat Yasinskas (1:09 PM)

Not done yet. But I think it will happen. Expect an official announcement at some point over the weekend.

Thomas (Georgia)

If or when the Falcons get Robinson, what position do they address in the 1st round?

Pat Yasinskas (1:16 PM)

DE.

eddie (milledgeville, ga)

Pat, if the falcons get Robinson who is going to play on the other side of him? Houston or Williams?

Pat Yasinskas (1:27 PM)

Whoever looks better in camp. Might be considered an effort to light a fire under Houston, who does have some talent, but isn't the most aggressive guy around.

Dunta Robinson (Getting Paid)

Nice to call you Mr.Yasinskas... Cani call you Pat ?I like the young fellows Chris Owens, Thomas Decoud, and William Moore.... What do you think about the Falcons DB's now that im joining the party ?

Pat Yasinskas (1:28 PM)

Once you're officially in there, I like the ATL secondary a lot better than I did a few days ago.

Hey, Pat great job with the blog. Do you see the Falcons trading up or down to get a second round pick assuming the Robinson thing gets done?

Pat Yasinskas (1:34 PM)

If anything, they trade down.

Dunta Robinson (Getting Paid)

Nice to call you Mr.Yasinskas... Cani call you Pat ?I like the young fellows Chris Owens, Thomas Decoud, and William Moore.... What do you think about the Falcons DB's now that im joining the party ?

LOL! Now that is funny right there.

Pat, if the falcons get Robinson who is going to play on the other side of him? Houston or Williams?

Whoever looks better in camp. Might be considered an effort to light a fire under Houston, who does have some talent, but isn't the most aggressive guy around.

This is what I'm afraid of.

Man houston is traded IMO, I dont think he will suddendly turn his head around His ball skills are very below average and Grimes and Owens have much more potential and can be much more effective for us alontg side of robinson

Edited by Jaymadd

No Problem!

Falcon fan (ATL)

Hey Pat, how do you like dunta robinson? You think he can be a No. 1 Corner for the falcons?

Pat Yasinskas (1:35 PM)

Yep. Falcons apparently think so.

hey pat is the duntae robinson deal final

Pat Yasinskas (1:40 PM)

Not unless it's changed since we started this chat. What I've been told is that it almost certainly will happen, but probably won't be official until Saturday or Sunday.

If Pierre-Paul is still around would Atlanta be a taker?

Pat Yasinskas (1:43 PM)

At No 19, yep. But I don't see him lasting that long.

Brock (Boulder, CO)

Does Jerious Norwood really draw any interest for a 2nd round pick? He's never really lived up to his potnential. Has he just been in the wrong system or just under-performed?

Pat Yasinskas (1:46 PM)

Somebody may take a shot. That potential is still there.

Patrick (Atlanta)

Taking a totally unproven Pierre-Paul is not TD's style. I'm not sure they want a rookie DE that high. In fact, I'm predicting that Atlanta drafts Weatherspoon at 19, how do ya like them apples?

Pat Yasinskas (1:52 PM)

I think those apples are a lot more realistic.

scale from 1-100 what i sthe chance that Dunta Robinson signs with the Falcons???

Pat Yasinskas (1:52 PM)

about 95.

Man houston is traded IMO, I dont think he will suddendly turn his head around His ball skills are very below average and Grimes and Owens have much more potential and can be much more effective for us alontg side of robinson

Well, I wouldn't blame them if we kept him. Just if we started him and he still sucks. If we keep him as depth, fine. If we want him to start, the new secondary coach better take the screws out of his **** neck. He's got the physical skill (minus the neck.)

I like the sound of this!

Falcon fan (ATL)

I've read some not so complementary stuff about dunta. Considering the falcons are about to throw a bunch of money his way, that doesn't make me happy. Have you seen enough of him to tell me if he's going to be worth the money?

Pat Yasinskas (1:58 PM)

Sure the Falcons have done their homework on this one.

Well, I wouldn't blame them if we kept him. Just if we started him and he still sucks. If we keep him as depth, fine. If we want him to start, the new secondary coach better take the screws out of his **** neck. He's got the physical skill (minus the neck.)

I say we trade him for a whatever draft pick we can get and call it day. Houston is not going to be better than Grimes or Owens.

For what?

A half-eaten sandwich and a bag of cheetos?

Who wants those 2 guys?

Well we know Houston can cover well its just that whole turning the head thing. Some coach somewhere thinks that they can work with Chris on that and really if they do and fix that problem they get a good corner. Jam looks like he could be a pretty good DE in a 3-4 so there is the potential that these guys could fit in elsewhere. A guy that could also fit in elsewhere is Dorsey.

I think we can trade Jam and Houston for Dorsey and if needed throw in a 4th rd pick.

CHRIS OWENS #21 - 3rd round steal!!!! He will be the starter next to Dunta (Fingers crossed)...