790 the zone is saying the falcons have agreed to terms

ATLballer

I wonder how much he cost us. If we paid more than $5 million a year we badly overpaid.

dude it's probably going to be anywhere from 7-9 mil a year. he's the top corner and we're an NFC south team, meaning we have to stop the saints twice a year if we want to win this division. robinson will help that.

he's worth it.

How dare you post this before atljbo!

Actually, I should have said how did you post this before atljbo. :lol:

My God!, send out a search party....wait, wait, what's that, he was just in the WC? Oh, OK, I was just worried about him, he missed an update, that never happened before...:lol:

gave 1 back to ya.

But I can't agree that more than 5 / year is over paying. Cornerbacks come at a premium in this league, and if TD thinks he's worth it, he's worth it. Being that TD got to where he is based on his ability to pick out DBs in his scouting days.

Not to mention Robinson was the #1 free agent corner available.

This AM on Sirius NFL Radio Peter King said Robinson was the No. 1 CB in the FA market, hands down. He was very high on him.

It's an uncapped year, who cares how much he costs us. Please remember we were able to get around the Vick 100 million dollar contract with little impact on re building a team. I doubt what ever we pay him will be any detriment to our future plans.

Why fans care so much how much a player makes is beyond me. We have never had cap issues, we have never NOT been able to go after the players we wanted due to cap issues, why do any of you really care how much he was signed for?

He is an upgrade to a huge position of need and it also free up our options in the draft.

Injury history and poor performance the last couple of years should have driven his value way down. I'm not liking what I am hearing. If we were going to pay this much we should have just got Cromartie as much as I hate to say it.

Care to provide examples of this "injury history & poor performance"?

Injury history and poor performance the last couple of years should have driven his value way down. I'm not liking what I am hearing. If we were going to pay this much we should have just got Cromartie as much as I hate to say it.

that is about the dumbest thing i have heard in a while the guy is considered the top free agent corner and he is physical a huge upgrade over the people we had last year although i do like grimes williams and owens. cromartie had a whooping 3 ints last year i would rather go with robinson great move by td

The only serious injury I am aware of is when his hamstring ripped from the bone in 2007 and he did not return until the middle of 2008. He played all of 2009. Why do people make things up?

I remember when Kerney tore his pec people started saying he was injury prone when the guy was well known for having started every game since his rookie season. :rolleyes:

The only serious injury I am aware of is when his hamstring ripped from the bone in 2007 and he did not return until the middle of 2008. He played all of 2009. Why do people make things up?

I remember when Kerney tore his pec people started saying he was injury prone when the guy was well known for having started every game since his rookie season. :rolleyes:

"In the beginning there was the Atlanta Falcons Message Board and the Lord knew that it was good. But the Lord feared it's denizens would have nothing to discuss, and so he created the world's first athlete, Adam -- and the Lord knew it was good. Then he realized that Adam was incomplete and so he removed a rib and created the world's first cheerleader, Eve...and immediately thereafter a post appeared saying unto him, 'Dude, Adam lost a rib? Get rid of him, he's injury prone!' And the Lord hung his head and went out for a beer."