2 Teams offer Peppers a deal!

Eagles | Have made offer to Peppers

Comment (0)

Fri, 05 Mar 2010 07:53:25 -0800

Jason La Canfora, of the NFL Network, reports the Philadelphia Eagles have made an offer to unrestricted free-agent DE Julius Peppers (Panthers).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Patriots | Have made offer to Peppers

Comment (0)

Fri, 05 Mar 2010 07:48:09 -0800

Jason La Canfora, of the NFL Network, reports the New England Patriots have made an offer to unrestricted free-agent DE Julius Peppers (Panthers).

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz0hJpakgUg

This is what I can't seem to grasp. So many on here talk about how Peppers isn't worth it and we shouldn't be the ones to overpay for his services.

But then, many of those same people talk about how TD does things the "Patriot way" and won't go after huge FAs.

And now, look who is stepping up to the plate with an offer - New England AND Philly (another organization that refuses to pay FAs too much money and is known for letting their players walk rather than signing them to too large of deal).

From my perspective, it looks like a few quality FOs are going after this guy.

This is what I can't seem to grasp. So many on here talk about how Peppers isn't worth it and we shouldn't be the ones to overpay for his services.

But then, many of those same people talk about how TD does things the "Patriot way" and won't go after huge FAs.

And now, look who is stepping up to the plate with an offer - New England AND Philly (another organization that refuses to pay FAs too much money and is known for letting their players walk rather than signing them to too large of deal).

yeah, but window is closing for those teams - especially New England which is an older team.....some times you change strategy depending on the overall age of your team. As far as Philly goes, they have a young team except for McNabb - this is probably his last year before the Kevin Kolb era starts. It will take a few years before Iggles can contend with Kolb.

Maybe it will start to sink in that our FO is fine with the play from our DE, and actually wants to give the young guys a chance to mature. I am in the camp that our DL was playing with 3/4 guys on the field all season after Jerry went down. We need more depth at DT than we need new blood on DE, especially with Bab's possible 4 game suspension. Look for a 3rd - 5th round selection to add that depth in the draft. Walker/Johnson are not the solution at DT.

The PAts want him and TD doesnt want to step on any toes, which is lame.