Steve Wyche 790 the zone interview

atljbo

I know that I might be asking too much, but while at Work I dont have the luxury of listening to these interviews, anyone care to summarize. Don can you stop playing volleyball for a minute and summarize for yo boi, Jbo put the turntable down and look out dude. LOL :D

Edited by Jaymadd

I like the fact that Steve Wyche is hearing that William Moore is going to be looked at this year... I also like how the league is looking at Chris Owens as an up incoming CB in this league.

RCB: Dunta Robenson

LCB: Chris Owens

NB: Brent Grimes

FS: Thomas Decoud

SS: William Moore/Eric Coleman

To summarize for Jay:

Deal should be done by the end of the day.

Dunta is a perfect fit being from Athens and all. The talkers then speculate that he isn't shopping himself around because he wants to be here as much as we want him here.

No deal details have been leaked. Wyche guesses $18-25 guaranteed depending on the length of the deal.

Since there's no cap, team are trying to be careful because they don't know how these new deals will be factored into the new CBA.

Looks like TD has addressed the "weakness" in our secondary with Robinson, Owens, resigning of Williams, and Grimes coming on late.

Wyche then talks about how Dunta didn't have a pick last year, but he was rehabbing from having his hamstring ripped from the bone (yikes). Said TD obviously sees something in Dunta.

Talk switches to the draft and the lack of hybrid pass rushers like last year (DE/OLB tweeners). Says there are several S/CB and S/LB hybrids.

Thinks Bears will end up with Peppers and could also end up with Sharper.

All in all, nothing of real substance. Just a couple of guys talking and speculating about the same way were are all doing on here. :lol:

When did he rip his muscle off the bone? I thought he was recovering from a knee injury that happened a couple of years ago.

I ripped my muscle off the bone where it meats my hip when I was in high school and it was the worst pain I've ever had to this day.

I like the fact that Steve Wyche is hearing that William Moore is going to be looked at this year... I also like how the league is looking at Chris Owens as an up incoming CB in this league.

atljbo, I think Jackson's contributions are getting downplayed on here. I see us rotating Grimes & Jackson out, depending on the nature of the matchup.

And while we're talking about DBs, I also think Williams will be transitioned over to being a CB/FS tweener (they started doing this with him 2 seasons ago in Jacksonville...letting him play some safety). This could prolong his career and give us another Vet in our DB group (an area we are currently very young at).

I see it as:

RCB: Dunta (Grimes and/or Williams backing up)

LCB: Owens (Grimes and/or Williams backing up)

NCB: Grimes/Jackson (Williams backing up)

FS: DeCoud (Coleman and/or Williams backing up)

SS: Coleman/Moore

In short, this gives us excellent depth. I mean a TON of flexibility at RCB, LCB, NCB, and the safety spots. And don't be shocked if we add another CB in the draft to develop behind Williams (one of those 3rd round steals that's bound to be there).

Now, let's go get a pass rusher and work on adding an OLB and an O-lineman in the draft!

To summarize for Jay:

Dunta is a perfect fit being from Athens and all. The talkers then speculate that he isn't shopping himself around because he wants to be here as much as we want him here.

No deal details have been leaked. Wyche guesses $18-25 guaranteed depending on the length of the deal.

Since there's no cap, team are trying to be careful because they don't know how these new deals will be factored into the new CBA.

Looks like TD has addressed the "weakness" in our secondary with Robinson, Owens, resigning of Williams, and Grimes coming on late.

Wyche then talks about how Dunta didn't have a pick last year, but he was rehabbing from having his hamstring ripped from the bone (yikes). Said TD obviously sees something in Dunta.

Talk switches to the draft and the lack of hybrid pass rushers like last year (DE/OLB tweeners). Says there are several S/CB and S/LB hybrids.

All in all, nothing of real substance. Just a couple of guys talking and speculating about the same way were are all doing on here. :lol:

Thanks.

To summarize for Jay:

LOL, thanks sir, Boo Birds in the house LOL

atljbo, I think Jackson's contributions are getting downplayed on here. I see us rotating Grimes & Jackson out, depending on the nature of the matchup.

And while we're talking about DBs, I also think Williams will be transitioned over to being a CB/FS tweener (they started doing this with him 2 seasons ago in Jacksonville...letting him play some safety). This could prolong his career and give us another Vet in our DB group (an area we are currently very young at).

I see it as:

RCB: Dunta (Grimes and/or Williams backing up)

LCB: Owens (Grimes and/or Williams backing up)

NCB: Grimes/Jackson (Williams backing up)

FS: DeCoud (Coleman and/or Williams backing up)

SS: Coleman/Moore

In short, this gives us excellent depth. I mean a TON of flexibility at RCB, LCB, NCB, and the safety spots. And don't be shocked if we add another CB in the draft to develop behind Williams (one of those 3rd round steals that's bound to be there).

Now, let's go get a pass rusher and work on adding an OLB and an O-lineman in the draft!

This just made me smile, no grin like a cheshire cat. Oh yeah!!

You also need a dime CB a lot in this day and age [read, playing Brees twice a year]

atljbo, I think Jackson's contributions are getting downplayed on here.

I'm not sleeping on Jackson.... Trust me... I made a post about how i felt like most was down playing him.... I just didnt name him on here because its the NB position.

I just wanted the do RCB,LCB, FS,and SS but i know how Brent Grimes fans are on here...lol.. Tear my head off

But yea... I think Chevis Jackson will def contribute.

i think they re signed brian williams to be the starter going into next year. not saying he keeps it, but it will be his job to lose in camp.

i think they re signed brian williams to be the starter going into next year. not saying he keeps it, but it will be his job to lose in camp.

I seriously doubt that..... I mean seriously doubt it.... Williams is CB/S depth if he makes the team

I'm not sleeping on Jackson.... Trust me... I made a post about how i felt like most was down playing him.... I just didnt name him on here because its the NB position.

I just wanted the do RCB,LCB, FS,and SS but i know how Brent Grimes fans are on here...lol.. Tear my head off

But yea... I think Chevis Jackson will def contribute.

My bad. I wasn't meaning to suggest you were overlooking Jackson. But the way I wrote it, I realize now it did seem to read that way.

Sorry bout that. I know you and I are two of the more vocal Jackson supporters on here.

I'm loving the look of our secondary right about now. :)

So, after spending almost every pick on defense last year, signing one of the top Def FA"s this year, and getting two high pick defensive players back for this coming year, we should def pick ANOTHER def player in the first round...wait, what?

At DE we have Abe, Bierman, Sidburry, Davis, Anderson.

At wr we have Roddy, Stenkins, H. Douglass, and nothing worth talking about.

At OT, we have an injury prone Sam Baker, and a OG playing tackle.

At OG, we have a pair of putrid pass blockers and decent runblockers

At C, we have a center that's old as dirt, and is still our best lineman.

At TE, we have a great player who is very close to retirement.

I see much bigger needs at OT, OG, OC, WR, TE than I do at DE.

My bad. I wasn't meaning to suggest you were overlooking Jackson. But the way I wrote it, I realize now it did seem to read that way.

Sorry bout that. I know you and I are two of the more vocal Jackson supporters on here.

I'm loving the look of our secondary right about now. :)

yup.. The secondary is looking really nice