Bears Greg Olsen on trading block

Bring him home TD... Send round 3 pick to Chicago

I like Olsen a lot. They are going to want a 2nd Rounder for him I would think.

If we could get him for a 3rd Rounder, I'd be all for it.

-- Olsen has MASSIVE potential. He doesn't block well, but he could be and elite pass-catching TE.

Having Gonzalez groom him for a year and getting him acclimated with our organization and Ryan would be great for our future offense.

In reality, I don't really see TD making this trade. If Olsen was a better blocker, maybe, but I don't see Dimitroff using another draft pick to get a TE who doesn't like to block and has questionable preparation.

If we could get him at a 3rd Rounder, I wouldn't be opposed, as long as he knows that he will be lucky to get 15-20 passes his way on the 2010 year (until Gonzo retires).

Not happening. He wants out of Chicago b/c Martz doesn't use TE's, why would he be happy as a back-up? And who says Gonzo is only staying one more year. Looks to me like he's got a few years left in him. I'd rather draft a TE for Gonzo to groom. Greg Olsen doesn't need any grooming.

Not happening. He wants out of Chicago b/c Martz doesn't use TE's, why would he be happy as a back-up? And who says Gonzo is only staying one more year. Looks to me like he's got a few years left in him. I'd rather draft a TE for Gonzo to groom. Greg Olsen doesn't need any grooming.

Gonzo was pretty irked the coaches didn't get him his 1,000th catch in Week 17 against the Bucs.

-- I think he took it personal as, "the coaches are doing this so I'll come back next year."

He took about a solid week or two after the end of our season to actually come out and say, "I'll be back next year."

-- Got me a little worried. I wouldn't depend on Gonzalez being in ATL for another 3 years.

I'll consider us lucky if he chooses to play in 2011.