IF we get Dunta Robinson

1989Fan

If we land Robinson, the CB situation should be set. With having comp picks there, I would love to see us move up a few spots for Derrick Morgan. IMO he is by far the best DE, and what we need.

We have alot of youth, and I am hoping we take quality over quantity. We dont need a extra mid round projects as much as we need 1 or 2 guys who can impact the game. If we can trade a 3rd to move up we could still have 1, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5, 6 which is plenty for TD to work with.

anyone with me?

If we land Robinson, the CB situation should be set. With having comp picks there, I would love to see us move up a few spots for Derrick Morgan. IMO he is by far the best DE, and what we need.

We have alot of youth, and I am hoping we take quality over quantity. We dont need a extra mid round projects as much as we need 1 or 2 guys who can impact the game. If we can trade a 3rd to move up we could still have 1, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5, 6 which is plenty for TD to work with.

anyone with me?

I like Derrick Morgan, and I agree we would have to trade up to get him - but I don't agree that we should do that. Falcons are already down a 2nd round pick and we need more - rather than less picks. Its very costly to move up....I think its more likely that Falcons would move back to late 1st, early 2nd round and try to pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd rounder in the deal......Morgan is a nice player - but I don't see Dimitroff giving up picks

I am saying if he hits the teens, like 15 or so. We could make that move (a few spots) with our 3rd.

I think it would be worth a 3rd to lock in an elite DE prospect.

If we dont move on him, I would like to trade down and try to get a 2 and 2011 round 1 pick.

I would like it because I think we can get a linebacker in the later rounds (and I like spoon but morgan would be the prototypical LDE in our system). Can't see td doing it though. I honestly think spoon will be the pick at 19 and signing Robinson will give us more wiggle room to do just that since corner won't be a need in the first.

Nope, I'am not with you. Early this week Hawkeye went over some film comparing Morgan and Graham. Like you, he thought Morgan was the better player, until he compared film. Now he likes Graham better. I believe Graham is better too. Better motor, this guy comes hard every play and has better career stats. Morgan doesn't impress me at all. I wouldn't move up for either one.

I'm not in favor of moving up at all especially for a DE. It takes too long for them to make an impact. I'd rather see us stand pat or trade back to grab a 2nd rounder. This draft is so deep, it just doesn't make since to lose any more picks.

I find it far more likely that we trade UP into the 2nd round.

There's a great chance that a gem at DE falls to us at 19. I doubt it, but I've even seen mocks with Morgan coming to us. I'd really love Griffen or Graham.

Morgan is polished but I think Griffen and Graham both have a higher ceiling.

By trading up, we can get a good OLB. Maybe Bowman or Norwood.

anyone with me?

Derrick Morgan is still a top 10 to 15 player. I honestly don't know if the Falcon get a 3rd round compensatory pick. It will be April when they are announced. I know we didn't get a 3rd for Kerney and the value of the contracts were similar if I recall correctly. I just don't think the chances of us moving up are great. More likely to go down than up.

I am saying if he hits the teens, like 15 or so. We could make that move (a few spots) with our 3rd.

I think it would be worth a 3rd to lock in an elite DE prospect.

If we dont move on him, I would like to trade down and try to get a 2 and 2011 round 1 pick.

So you'd give up our 1st and 3rd round pick to move up 4 spots to get Derrick Morgan? Maybe if we still have our 2nd round pick. But we still need to draft an outside linebacker and I don't want to wait until round 4 to find one.

i dont watch college ball at all but just from recent drafts, DEs taken high in first rounds have not panned out.

vernon gholston, chris long, jamaal anderson..., tyson jackson, robert ayers, derrick harvey, and gaines adams died (i know this isnt appropriate)

not all of these guys are terrible, and some are just coming off a rookie season, but all these guys were projected to be beasts. Only guy thats been a beast is brian orakpo and he plays linebacker, but he was projected as a DE/OLB.

so i dont know if trading up for a position like DE is worth it

Nope, I'am not with you. Early this week Hawkeye went over some film comparing Morgan and Graham. Like you, he thought Morgan was the better player, until he compared film. Now he likes Graham better. I believe Graham is better too. Better motor, this guy comes hard every play and has better career stats. Morgan doesn't impress me at all. I wouldn't move up for either one.

I want Graham. If he's there we need to take him.

This seems like a bit of a homer thread. Plus I'm not buying Morgan as a great NFL DE anyways.

I go to GT and I agree. I never really saw what was supposed to be so special about him - I mean he was a pretty good player and solid in all areas of his game, but he never really dominated games like I feel a top-15 pick should at least at times. It didn't help either that he got absolutely owned by the NFL-caliber OT's in the Orange Bowl.

If he fell to the mid teens, I wouldnt mind trying to move up, but I think that Graham and Griffen( USC) will do the job at LDE for us. Since we hopefully signed a FA CB we no longer have a need to try to trade back into the 2nd to pick up a CB. I feel like we still need depth/competition to start at a few positions like Right Tackle, LB, WR, TE and moving up would make it harder to address these positions especially considering that there are a few other DE that we can pick in the 1st.

I am a PSU fan living in PA. sorry bud.

I said the thread, not the OP.

Blacksburg I know what you mean, he got completely shut down in the biggest game of his career. That is one thing I place a ton of importance in. Big time players should play big in the biggest games.

I'd wait at 19 and take the next Dwight Freeney. Michigan's Graham

He's nowhere close to Freeney. Guys like Freeney, Suggs, and that kid in Denver were all record setting sack artists in college. Graham is good but he is an awful fit for us and won't be 1st round good in the NFL.