what the heck are the panties doing

tnfalcon21

first....

Panthers | Lewis released

Comment (0)

Thu, 04 Mar 2010 15:53:36 -0800

Darin Gantt, of the Rock Hill Herald, reports the Carolina Panthers have released DT Damione Lewis

then.....

Panthers | Kemoeatu released

Comment (0)

Thu, 04 Mar 2010 23:28:12 -0800

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Carolina Panthers have released DT Ma'ake Kemoeatu.

so much for a defensive line

thanks mate just wondering because that is really surprising that they released Koematu or however you spell it....

I know. It doesnt make sense. Not that i'm upset but to release to DT's ( one starter and one that gets quite a bit of time) and let your pro bowl caliber DE walk?.....amazing

Getting new blood in there. Kemo screwed his achilles up last year. The kind of injury that has a chance to linger. Lewis was a constant last season in terms of starting but his effectiveness wasn't that good. They're doing now what they should've did last season, evaluating the Dline and putting new pieces in.

I'm not worried. Fox may not be the best HC when it comes to offense, but the man is great when it comes to defense and finding talent for the defense.

well expect a sweep against them next year. no peppers and no kemo? they have absolutely NO playmakers on their dline. i don't care how good their secondary and backers are.

To be honest, the second time the Falcons played the Panthers last season and lost, they had no real playmakers on the Dline. Peppers had a broken hand and was used as a situational player, Kemo was on IR, the mighty Lewis and Kemo's multitude of replacements were getting ran all over. And Delhomme was starting. So it can't be any worse than the Dline the Falcons faced last season.

first....

Panthers | Lewis released

Comment (0)

Thu, 04 Mar 2010 15:53:36 -0800

Darin Gantt, of the Rock Hill Herald, reports the Carolina Panthers have released DT Damione Lewis

then.....

Panthers | Kemoeatu released

Comment (0)

Thu, 04 Mar 2010 23:28:12 -0800

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Carolina Panthers have released DT Ma'ake Kemoeatu.

so much for a defensive line

now Delhome

Hello Vick

I'd be surprised by that move if it happened. First of all the Panthers fan bas is 80% wine and cheese granny types who wouldn't stand for it and would protest by shopping at Belks instead of going to the Panthers games and then leaving at half time. Secondly, word is that Richardson didn't have many plans to break the bank this offseason. We'll see I suppose.

rumor is alot of small market teams could be using the uncapped year, which also has no cap floor, to purge their rosters and save money.

1 - they would make more money this year and it the lockout year

2 - they would get a high draft pick and not have to shell out the big bucks anymore

now is the best time ever to re-build!

Kemoeatu is a 350 pound man with a surgically repaired Achilles. He just turned 31 as well, so do any of you actually believe that Achilles is going to stay healthy for very long? He could be out of the NFL now.

Damione was a nice rotational guy, but his cap hit would have been something like 9 million this year and next year would have been worse. We owe him too much money.

Apparently you haven't kept up with what the Panthers have been doing for the last year. We are now DEEP at defensive tackle. Tank Tyler, Louis Leonard, Corvey Irvin, Nick Hayden, and there's a chance Hollis Thomas comes back. Then there are free agents and a deep year at the position. We'll be fine on the defensive interior.

Defensive end is, potentially, another story. Peppers is gone, and Tyler Brayton is really a rotational guy that does a good job against the run. It's really up to Charles Johnson and Everette Brown to step up the pass rush. Both of them are young, have some experience, and look pretty good in limited time. I wouldn't be surprised if our defensive line is exactly what it was last year, especially if Brown and Johnson play at the same time and Brayton is used more sparingly. The pass rush will come from more than one guy.