Yet another source saying D-Rob to Atlanta.

Yes, this is being widely reported now - Dunta to Atlanta....

My question is this: are these all independent writers with independent sources - or is Steve Wyche saying it - and all these other guys are just parroting what Wyche said?

I'm waiting for Schef to come out and confirm it...Like Mayock with the draft, Schef with the breaking news/stories/etc is the BEST

My question is this: are these all independent writers with independent sources - or is Steve Wyche saying it - and all these other guys are just parroting what Wyche said?

Judging by how Mort worded it, I think it's more than one source. He said "Dunta Robinson to Atlanta gaining some steam." Which gaining steams most likely means more than 1 source is reporting it.

i doubt it. mort, schefter and like 3 or 4 other reporters have reported the same thing. i doubt ALL of those guys would bite off of wyche. we haven't seen a single story disputing it and on top of all that we're not hearing about any other teams pursuing him, which makes me think a deal may already be done or in the process.

Just a guess, but I bet that reporters like Mortensen have phone numbers of agents, personnel peole around the league, etc... I believe the original reports come from people like them with credibility and contacts, then gets repeated by the wanna-be's.

Yep, everything I have read links it to Steve Wyche. He will look like the biggest fool if it doesn't happen. I'm just hoping at least in this one instance he doesn't reap what he sews.

Just a guess, but I bet that reporters like Mortensen have phone numbers of agents, personnel peole around the league, etc... I believe the original reports come from people like them with credibility and contacts, then gets repeated by the wanna-be's.

You're pretty much right. Reporters like Mort have all owner, GM and a lot of front office numbers on different cell phones. They also have agent numbers, but there are 100s of numbers in the business that they do not have, but those people all have the reporter's numbers. I only know this because I read this interview story Mort did with ESPN like 2 years ago.

You're pretty much right. Reporters like Mort have all owner, GM and a lot of front office numbers on different cell phones. They also have agent numbers, but there are 100s of numbers in the business that they do not have, but those people all have the reporter's numbers. I only know this because I read this interview story Mort did with ESPN like 2 years ago.

Mort's track record has not been good ever since he reported incorrectly that the "Vick dogfighting thing" was not true and would go away. He has not bee right since then it seems.

seems like if this is true Falcons would be guilty of breaking the rules on free agency starting at midnight....

oh well, if you ain't cheatin' you ain't tryin......or something like that.

I don't think they are cheating. I think it's just been a mutual feeling for a long time, and they both know it. That's the farthest tampering I think they are doing is just making sure the feeling is mutual.

i doubt it. mort, schefter and like 3 or 4 other reporters have reported the same thing. i doubt ALL of those guys would bite off of wyche. we haven't seen a single story disputing it and on top of all that we're not hearing about any other teams pursuing him, which makes me think a deal may already be done or in the process.

Doubt it. That would be tampering