How Can We Be Close To Signing Robinson?

teams do this every year. look at the bears. they've been talking to peppers since last weekend and they're already about to ink antrell rolle.

I know that people are doing it but whats the rule on this. Im almost positive FA's may not be contacted untill FA starts. If teams are allowed to talk to the FA why even have a "deadline" before you can sign people.

I know that people are doing it but whats the rule on this. Im almost positive FA's may not be contacted untill FA starts. If teams are allowed to talk to the FA why even have a "deadline" before you can sign people.

The NFL is scared of Smitty...They saw what he almost did to D.Hall.

technically you're not supposed to do it and it's against the rules, but it happens so much the NFL rarely punishes teams for it. it's like using your blinkers when you drive. you're always supposed to use them, but people hardly do and they also hardly get in trouble for it.

The NFL is scared of Smitty...They saw what he almost did to D.Hall.

:lol::lol::lol:

A lot of players share agents so we probably have someone on our team who has the same agent as Dunta and we could just tell the league we are trying to get said player a new contract.

I dont think its that easy. Im sure there are tabs on all the FA, and i dont think its worth it for a team to get caught and penalized

That is the reason teams state that they are going to release a player in advance, so that other teams know that tampering is not an issue. It is more out of respect to give the player more time to work on a new deal opposed to the early statement of release being a slight or embarassment. Signing a CB would make draft DE or LB.