Dunta Robinson deal almost done

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/35716943/ns/sports-player_news/

FL Network's Steve Wyche reports "all indications are" that the Falcons are likely to sign free agent CB Dunta Robinson.

Atlanta realizes its biggest need is cornerback, targeting the Texans' 2009 franchise player and re-signing incumbent LCB Brian Williams to a one-year deal on Thursday. The terms of Robinson's deal likely won't be revealed until after midnight tonight. No. 2 UFA cornerback Leigh Bodden's market will then be set, although he'll probably get a shade less guaranteed.

Maybe I am not as analytical as some, but when I watch Leigh Bodden and Dunta Robinson, I see that Leigh is around the ball more and is a **** sight more physical. Leigh isn't scared to crack a head. And I don't see Leigh get burned. MAybe I am biased. If he is good enough for the Patriots........... ;)

Herr Doktor, you have to remember that Robinson was miserable in Houston this season. He wanted his money or he wanted out. He learned a very valuable lesson though. But look at his highlights and even stats before this past season. He makes plays just like Bodden. Bodden had only 2 good years: Last year in NE and his last year in CLE as well as only playing 2 full seasons.

Robinson has been awful the past three seasons. Honestly, I think Owens is better than he is.

How can you say he has been awful when he has been recovering from a knee injury? And he still managed 2 INTS in 07 and 08 when he only played 20 games combined. O yea I forgot who you root for.

Look at it this way for dunta doubters

its an uncapped season

he is better than any of our CBS

we're going for that sueprbowl trophy this year

so if dunta does get overpaid but he helps us more than any other CB in free agency or draft will(espcailly this year since most cbs need time to develop), this is a good move, is it not? Our pass D stunk last year, but we still won 9 games, if dunta is the difference maker thatll get us in the playoffs, well we have as good of a chance to win the superbowl than any other team. Isnt that worth it?

Wow if this is true and we are making this move man thats almost a shock to the system.I don't no alot about Dunta Robinson but if he can shore up the other side of the field and we see more improvement out of Owens like last year our secondary all of sudden looks like it could be a hidden strength of our defence.

People this isn't Rich McKay anymore this is TD we are talking about the guy knows db's better than any position and he knows not too overpay anyone. I am a Bodden fan myself but if TD feels Dunta is the best player for us then that is enough for me.

Exactly!!!+1 for you.

I think this can be a good move. See if you keep Grimes at RCB and insert Robinson at LCB and Chevis and Owens/Brian Williams at NCB and DCB(Dime Corner)that will cut Crisp Houston. Then ATL can focus on pass rush by signing Aaron Kampman or Andre Carter(as a rotation player.)Then the Penn State Linebacker Bowman(highly coached by Joe Pa!!!!) will be the first pick.

i just saw the report myself and I agree it would be great to have Dunta but this is only a good move if we can maintain a consistent pass rush. I think if we go after Dunta we need to see if we can possibly snag KVB (kyle vanden bosch) from the Titans. I don't know what they would ask but if they aren't asking us for too much I say go for it.