Returing from training

tipp78

I just came back yesturday from training. We spent the last 9 days in tents eating MRE's and studying and practicing fire fighting under chemical and biological conditions as well as rescue operations. Overall it was a great experience but it was exhausting being in chem gear with fire fighting gear on top of it. We also learned how to extricate heavily armed vehicles. So for example a humvee flips we'd be able to get the victims out quicker. The following are some pictures I took, hopefully everyone enjoys them.

DSCN0217.jpg

This is one of our P19's hitting a *simulated* jet fire. I say simulated because the propane truck was under maintenance...figures

The top turret on this vehicle can discharge between 750-1500 gallons of water or agent

the lower bumper turret is around 250, we can empty this truck in less than 2 minutes.

DSCN0215.jpg

Using the booster hoseline off of the truck.

DSCN0182.jpg

Our basic set up you notice the camo which is our chem gear, and the white hoods are nomex.

Garland154-1.jpg

This pic is unrelated to my recent training but I didnt want everybody to think we didnt fight fire. B)

Hopefully everybody enjoys these pics, I paid for them by losing 5 pounds in sweat!

mops are still all woodland camo huh? Still no AF tigercam?

Nice pics, thanks for sharing, thanks for being a real hero.

Those MOPP suits were for training only but I'm assuming real world are still woodland camo...I never wanna hear MOPP suits and firefighting in the same sentence again, unfortunatley were doing it again in 2 weeks, but heck its part of the job!

Guest Regular Guy

I am sure I speak for most of us on here when I say Thank You for your service to the country! Tell your buddies over there that we are all grateful to have you all stepping up and doing what you do day in and day out. God Bless you, oh...and thanks for the pics!

:blink: you want to fight in the military? i thought you hated america.

FFL=French Foreign Legion.

I hear after you get out of it they give you French citizenship(Which is good since they are in the EU I could move around western europe freely)

This is mostly for when I get married and have children. I want them to have a nice place to call home ya know?

FFL=French Foreign Legion.

I hear after you get out of it they give you French citizenship(Which is good since they are in the EU I could move around western europe freely)

This is mostly for when I get married and have children. I want them to have a nice place to call home ya know?

you want to move to france?!?! not that homo place.

If capitalizing is my biggest mistake then I am set ^_^

Its so much easier than English though

that bien looks our of place in the sentence, but im not sure. i havent taken french in 3yrs.

im pretty sure its suppose to be i speak good french, not i speak french well.

I agree that french is fairly easy in the beginning, but it get hard when you gotta talk in past tense and future tense, and all the conjugation. er verbs, ir verbs, re verbs. irregular verbs. it might be easier than other languages, but its not something you should think will be easy. you are still learning a full language.

that bien looks our of place in the sentence, but im not sure. i havent taken french in 3yrs.

im pretty sure its suppose to be i speak good french, not i speak french well.

I agree that french is fairly easy in the beginning, but it get hard when you gotta talk in past tense and future tense, and all the conjugation. er verbs, ir verbs, re verbs. irregular verbs. it might be easier than other languages, but its not something you should think will be easy. you are still learning a full language.

I think bien works in the sentence.

All of these european languages are easier then the crap ethiopic scripts

amharic.jpg

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

No idea how our ancestors worked with this