I think TD really wants spoon

ok, well we all know our team probably had corner back as our #1 need heading into the offseason. we also know they want to improve the pass rush, but don't want to over pay for peppers and all of the other DEs in FA have pretty big question marks. soooo.....

we go out and get the top corner in FA (dunta robinson), who is young, very physical (6 FFs, 4 sacks in 6 years) and bring back veteran brian williams. that should shore up CB heading into next year, which would allow us to be a bit more flexible with the first rounder and go after spoon who we really like.

Citing "intel" from the NFL Combine, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports that the Falcons "love" Mizzou LB Sean Weatherspoon.

Weatherspoon figures to be a consideration for Atlanta at No. 19, though GM Thomas Dimitroff may lean toward players at more valuable positions. Rarely are 4-3 outside linebackers are deemed worthy of top-20 selections. The Falcons should be able to get one of the draft's premier corners in round one.

TD also said earlier this week that he expects our pass rush to improve with jerry coming back, which says to me that we may not sign a FA DE and that we may address DE in the later rounds of the draft.

make sense or do you think im reaching??? :D

I think TD will consider Weatherspoon but like your quote states boss, "Weatherspoon figures to be a consideration for Atlanta at No. 19, though GM Thomas Dimitroff may lean toward players at more valuable positions. Rarely are 4-3 outside linebackers are deemed worthy of top-20 selections." That statement right there leads me to believe we will address LB in round three and draft someone else at 19.

Don't get me wrong aside from all the talk about the kid having too much of a mouth on him if we take him I would not complain but as deep as this draft is we can get a very good LB later on.