CB added, so now

stvmrz

I'm thinking that if indeed Dunta Robinson is in the fold, then the Falcons should go after a DE/OLB (pass rusher) in Round 1, and then after a TE prospect in Round 3 (TG can't play forever) and Jimmy Graham from Miami Fl., might very well be available in round 3 (he has a huge upside, but not quite ready yet).

Agreed on a pass rusher in round one. I think we target a WR and OLB earlier in the draft, though.

i really really think we are lining ourselves up for a stud offensive player. Either an OLineman or WR or RB--if the latter 2 probably ones with return ability.

It just makes too much sense for us to get Matty, either protection or targets--possibly both. In such a deep defensive draft, with Moore and Jerry returning. I could see the first two picks being WR, RB or OL. Followed by Defensive prospects.

If we went DE it'd be Pierre, i think. Who i'm not sure will drop.

i really really think we are lining ourselves up for a stud offensive player. Either an OLineman or WR or RB--if the latter 2 probably ones with return ability.

It just makes too much sense for us to get Matty, either protection or targets--possibly both. In such a deep defensive draft, with Moore and Jerry returning. I could see the first two picks being WR, RB or OL. Followed by Defensive prospects.

If we went DE it'd be Pierre, i think. Who i'm not sure will drop.

He won't drop. But look at the bright side, he could very well be a one-year wonder like our very own Jamaal Anderson.

And I really wanted him until digging into it a bit more.

He won't drop. But look at the bright side, he could very well be a one-year wonder like our very own Jamaal Anderson.

And I really wanted him until digging into it a bit more.

i don't think he will either. He's one of those strange risk/reward type picks that if i were a GM i'd be happy to NOT have a chance at him. His physical attributes are incredible--but youre right the production aint there!

I'm thinking that if indeed Dunta Robinson is in the fold, then the Falcons should go after a DE/OLB (pass rusher) in Round 1, and then after a TE prospect in Round 3 (TG can't play forever) and Jimmy Graham from Miami Fl., might very well be available in round 3 (he has a huge upside, but not quite ready yet).

TE round 1

OLB & OG round 3

DE & WR round 4

TE round 1

OLB & OG round 3

DE & WR round 4

First round TE makes no sense Robb. I mean I wouldn't complain if we took Dickerson, but I don't think it is the right move. Gonzalez still has some tread on his tires, and we could really use another playmaker at WR if we're going offense in the first...or a good lineman. Either way though, this is going to be a very interesting draft.

Dickerson isn't a 1st rounder. ****, he isn't even really a TE. He weighs in at 220. More of a H-Back/WR hybrid.

I could have sworn he weighs 240, plus he can always get much bigger very fast like Sidburry did. I'm not saying it's the best pick, especially with us trading this year's 2nd round pick for Gonzo but the kid could be electric at TE.

Dude, don't get Al Davis syndrome. He was a 4-5th rounder before the combine. Someone will draft him in the 3-4th as a H-back.

We don't use an H-back in our system. The perfect TE for us in this draft is Rob Gronkowski (if his back checks out). Too bad he'll be gone by our 3rd round pick.

EDIT:

Dickerson weighed in at 226. He's 6' 1" so he really doesn't have the frame to add the 30 lbs or so needed to in-line block like we need from our TEs.

Edited by WoTFan

Definitely dont think drafting a DE would be good for us. Abraham just had an off year, and I think Jamaal still has much room to develop. Don't think we should invest another 1st round pick on a DE, same goes for TE. We don't need immediate help on a TE, so a 1st round pick would be a waste. I think we should target a WR though, because that would be huge for us.

First round TE makes no sense Robb. I mean I wouldn't complain if we took Dickerson, but I don't think it is the right move. Gonzalez still has some tread on his tires, and we could really use another playmaker at WR if we're going offense in the first...or a good lineman. Either way though, this is going to be a very interesting draft.

The best player at this our point of the draft could possibly be Jermaine Gresham. TG had stated several times the season before we got him that he had 2 years left then was leaving the game. We are going to need a replacement for TG and there really isn't going to be an elite TE in next years draft if TG does decide to hang it up after this season.

So while I admit that it's not our biggest need, even on offense, I think the move would make sense, especially if we don't expect TG back after this season.

Definitely dont think drafting a DE would be good for us. Abraham just had an off year, and I think Jamaal still has much room to develop. Don't think we should invest another 1st round pick on a DE, same goes for TE. We don't need immediate help on a TE, so a 1st round pick would be a waste. I think we should target a WR though, because that would be huge for us.

Jamal has much room to grow? I'll say. Face it, man he's a bust. Don't count on him to do anything in the NFL, other than stay around long enough to qaulify for a pension.

Step 1. Trade back either into the late 1st, or the very early 2nd, and acquire an extra pick, either a late 2nd or an early 3rd.

1st pick: BPA at WR/TE/OL/WLB/DE

2nd pick: BPA at WR/TE/OL/WLB/DE, not including position addressed in 1st pick

3rd pick: BPA at...you get the point.

All the rest: straight BPA at any position of need.

Theoretical drafts under this format:

1. Golden Tate/Arrelious Benn

2. Daryl Washington

3. Vladimir Ducasse

3comp. Anthony McCoy

1. T. Williams

2. Jerry Hughes

3. Demaryius Thomas/Damian Williams

3comp. Ed Dickson.

"Jamaal still has much room to develop" :lol:

I've got to laugh so I won't cry.

Edited by BenB321

TE round 1

OLB & OG round 3

DE & WR round 4

Come on man. TE?!?!? He won't have any chance to start so why throw away a pick that won't have any effect on the team this year. With a few additions we can have a heck of a chance to win the division. If we take Spoon he will in all probability start and could be an impact player this year. If we take Graham he could be an integral part of our pass rush.

The only way we take a TE is if Dan Reeves is called back by Blank to be our GM.

The best player at this our point of the draft could possibly be Jermaine Gresham. TG had stated several times the season before we got him that he had 2 years left then was leaving the game. We are going to need a replacement for TG and there really isn't going to be an elite TE in next years draft if TG does decide to hang it up after this season.

So while I admit that it's not our biggest need, even on offense, I think the move would make sense, especially if we don't expect TG back after this season.

Gresham would be an interesting pick. And definitely provide Matt with much needed red zone weapon.I wouldn't complain. If we go receiver i like Tate best of all or Lafell for YAC, but Gresham is nice too :)

Come on man. TE?!?!? He won't have any chance to start so why throw away a pick that won't have any effect on the team this year. With a few additions we can have a heck of a chance to win the division. If we take Spoon he will in all probability start and could be an impact player this year. If we take Graham he could be an integral part of our pass rush.

The only way we take a TE is if Dan Reeves is called back by Blank to be our GM.

So, what happens in 2011 when TG retires and there is no TE worth drafting in the first 3 rounds? We depend on Peele???? Gresham is NOT a Reeves style TE, Gresham is a young Tony Gonzalez who is basically a big WR with some decent blocking ability.

It's amazing how many people get tunnel vision when it comes to the draft. It's like they are unable to see the big picture. Drafting players is not for their 1st year only, these players you draft are expected to be players for you, for years to come. A drafted player is not always drafted for that year's immediate impact, but for long term impact. Gresham is a long term impact player in our situation.

I do like Spoon, and wouldn't be upset if we take him. Although, there are a lot of questions creeping up regarding him. JMO, the personality questions that came up after the combine are not that serious. To me, it seems like he's trying to be a guy that is trying to be noticed as a leader. I think he was trying to act at the combine like he's a Ray Lewis type personality and locker room leader. Not a bad guy to emulate, but maybe not the best setting to do it in.

Graham, not so high on and hope we pass.