Vanden Bosch in red?

Rumor Central

Vanden Bosch In Red ?

Tennessee Titans defensive end Kyle Vanden Bosch believes he will hit the free-agent market after completing his fourth season in Tennessee, according to what he told the Nashville Tennessean in February. Kyle argued that the lack of contact from the team insinuates that they have no plans for him moving forward. Titans coach Jeff Fisher noted more recently that that's not really the case, and that he'd like to bring the veteran back.

So will he generate a lot of offers? His agent Tony Agnone, shockingly, thinks so. Agnone told beat writer Jim Wyatt that Vanden Bosch still has the skills and the character to help a team. Some speculative landing spots are the Jaguars, Seahawks, Bucs and Panthers. Don't rule out his former D-coordinator, Lions head coach Jim Schwartz, making a play for him either. Mark Bradley of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution thinks he would be a smart signing by the Falcons.

Then again, the Jags make a particular kind of sense, according to AFC South blogger Paul Kuharsky:

Paul Kuharsky

Intra-divisional poaching a good move for JAX

"Vanden Bosch would bring the experience and work ethic that could set the tone for the Jaguars' young line. The Titans may think KVB is finished. I am not so sure. I think someone will probably outspend the Jags here, they don't plan on being big players in free agency. But this would be a fantastic marriage."

Edited by Arcatchanger

:lol: Jim Schwartz shows up at Vanden Bosch's house at midnight:

Vanden Bosch

Now, I'm not naive enough to believe this wasn't pre-arranged, but if some toolbag coach showed up at my house after midnight to plead his case, he'd have a cold night on my front porch waiting on him.

Doesn't sound like we have a whole lot of chance of signing him, however.

Edited by Setzertopia

I wouldn't call a match up in the preseason as grounds to make any kind of serious judgmental inferences as somebody owning another player.

IMO that malkes it worse, one of his first games as tackle.. and BV was pissed off cause he couldnt do anything, it was hilarious. Too old for me.

would be a horrible signing. the man is like 33 years old. his productionn plummeted last year. Abraham dropped once he hit the 30's too. and i believe thats one of the reasons the falcons wont pursue Peppers. so no. he's too old and we have enough role playing DE's

Kampman is 30 yrs old. and is a full time starting DE who is good against the run and the pass.

I would love for him to join us, he has at least 2 to 3 yrs ahead of him and would give us consistent production while we bring along the younger guys like Kroy and Sidbury.

would be a horrible signing. the man is like 33 years old. his productionn plummeted last year. Abraham dropped once he hit the 30's too. and i believe thats one of the reasons the falcons wont pursue Peppers. so no. he's too old and we have enough role playing DE's

Kampman is 30 yrs old. and is a full time starting DE who is good against the run and the pass.

I would love for him to join us, he has at least 2 to 3 yrs ahead of him and would give us consistent production while we bring along the younger guys like Kroy and Sidbury.

Vanden Bosch

Now, I'm not naive enough to believe this wasn't pre-arranged, but if some toolbag coach showed up at my house after midnight to plead his case, he'd have a cold night on my front porch waiting on him.

KVB thought Schwartz was a prowler and shot him.....they are doing emergency surgery on Jim Schwartz now to remove the lead from his arss :lol::lol:

Vanden Bosch

I understand... but if he was about to put a few extra million in my bank account......... I would let him in.

**** I might left the mrs do a striptease for him if the dollar amount was right.

Looks like KVB will be a Lion. I would like to see us go after Kampman along with obviously signing Dunta. Then we can snag Weatherspoon with our 1st and be Done on Defense.

DE - Abe

NT - Jerry

UT - Babs

DE - Kampman

WLB - Weatherspoon

MLB - Lofton

SLB - Nicholas

CB - Robinson

CB - Owens/Grimes

FS - Decoud

SS - Moore/Coleman

I understand... but if he was about to put a few extra million in my bank account......... I would let him in.

**** I might left the mrs do a striptease for him if the dollar amount was right.

It was terribly unfair of you to completely refute my point so logically while I was asleep :lol:

Yes, I have to change my mind here -- if somebody showed up at midnight and offered to pay me millions to do what I love I'd probably just give him my house. And car. And dogs. And wife. Not necessarily in that order ;)

Looks like KVB will be a Lion. I would like to see us go after Kampman along with obviously signing Dunta. Then we can snag Weatherspoon with our 1st and be Done on Defense.

DE - Abe

NT - Jerry

UT - Babs

DE - Kampman

WLB - Weatherspoon

MLB - Lofton

SLB - Nicholas

CB - Robinson

CB - Owens/Grimes

FS - Decoud

SS - Moore/Coleman

LOVE IT!

DE - Abe

NT - Jerry

UT - Babs

DE - Kampman

WLB - Weatherspoon

MLB - Lofton

SLB - Nicholas

CB - Robinson

CB - Owens/Grimes

FS - Decoud

SS - Moore/Coleman

if this happens i might just be the happiest man alive weatherspoon dunta robinson and kampman jeeze our deffense could be scary with peria back and maybe willie mo taking of the SS spot play makers left right and center on deffense jeeezeee

if this happens i might just be the happiest man alive weatherspoon dunta robinson and kampman jeeze our deffense could be scary with peria back and maybe willie mo taking of the SS spot play makers left right and center on deffense jeeezeee

Dont forget we just extended Brian Williams..... Before he went down, he was BY FAR our best CB... And having started 45 of 48 games under Coach Smith in Jax, he definately knows the ins and outs of the scheme... Having the experienced pair of Robinson and Williams starting would take a ton of pressure off the young guys, reward them with a few extra downs here and there and they grow in the system, and let us bring them along at the right pace.... These kids are all full of talent, but very green at a position that is best suited for experienced players.... Having Dunta and Brian Williams to help mentor them and motivate would be huge. It's a perfect scenario as long as both the vet corners stay healthy.... WE NEED DUNTA ROBINSON IN ATLANTA! BRING HIM HOME MCKAY! uhhhhhh I MEAN TD!!!!!