Kyle Vanden Bosch?

Nono

On the surface any move to improve the pass rush on the left end to replace Jamaal looks great, but just checking out Kyle Vanden Bosch's stats http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5481 they don't impress. Has anyone paid attention to this guy? I must admit I haven't and don't understand Mark Bradleys piece saying we should pay 6 mil or more for a guy with 3 sacks in '09 and 4.5 in '08.

http://blogs.ajc.com/mark-bradley-blog/2010/03/04/a-free-agent-the-falcons-should-target-kyle-vanden-bosch/?cxntfid=blogs_mark_bradley_blog

Seems like a move backwards----and a bad article???

Edited by Nono

Kyle Vanden Bosch is a Pro Bowl DE. His stats took a hit when Haynesworth started getting injured and as the Titans eventually lost Haynesworth, but the guy has a motor and he can really get after the QB. He also does well vs the run and he rarely leaves the field. He'd be an awesome sign. He'd be more of a threat than JA98, that's for sure.

Him opposite Abe and with Jerry and Babs would be pretty formidable.

Kyle Vanden Bosch is a Pro Bowl DE. His stats took a hit when Haynesworth started getting injured and as the Titans eventually lost Haynesworth, but the guy has a motor and he can really get after the QB. He also does well vs the run and he rarely leaves the field. He'd be an awesome sign. He'd be more of a threat than JA98, that's for sure.

Him opposite Abe and with Jerry and Babs would be pretty formidable.

Didn't know that Statick, Vanden Bosch sounds good---thanks---guess I am a true homer and need to get out more

KVB would be a good pick-up for Falcons at reasonable price. He can be rotational with Sidbury, Bierrman and Abe - I think KVB has something left in the tank.

From what I am hearing, Detroit Lions HC and former DC of KVB (Jim Schwartz) really wants KVB.......he could end up there but who knows?

Kyle's value will derive mainly from his non-stop motor, I think. He's not a great sack guy and losing Haynesworth really impacted him last season. But he does remind me of Brady Smith to some degree. If the dome gets loud and the OL cannot hear the qb real well I could see Kyle steamrolling a qb pretty dang good.

KVB has always scared me. He has one of those motors that never stops, alot like Patrick Kerney. I would love for a guy with his drive and desire to come to Atlanta. As several other posters said...if you put him with Abe, Babs, Jerry, etc...we could have a pretty good pass rush. Much better than last year!

KVB has been a really good DE, but I think he has mostly played RDE. I'm not saying he can't play LDE, but I'm thinking most of his sacks have come from the right side.

Kampman when healthy is a much better DE and I think he has mostly played LDE.

The fact that we rotate our DE's and the fact that our DE's are so young and still developing makes it a very smart move to get one of the older DE's. We have to also think about Abe getting injured because he is injured a lot and you never know when he is going to miss a game. I know he played through injuries last year and didn't miss a game, but you never know.

My first choice is definitely Kampman, but I will be ok getting KVB