GRIMES HATERS!

madman88

look man! wat does the guy have to do to show u all the he is more then a nickle guy???? i mean TD has showed his hands, he thought OWENS was a nickel guy that he drafted, thats wat his plans for him was, and grimes is better then any DB that we have, there is no comarison, theres no debate over this, and if anyone thinks that hes not is ********.... im sorry but u are.... the guy has 6, count em 6 picks that he got without even starting full time....how u gonna say brent needs to be a nickle guy cause of his height??? chris is the same hieght, so wat is it then, cause if u put any nickle guy in on a island, u tellin me u really think hes gonna get 6 picks like brent? and if u say yes to that then again ur ********.... maybe u need to look at his picks, some wasnt even for him, he was being a playmaker, i remember one he just straight took from chevis cause yep u guessed it, didnt get his head turned around, so he just jumps and steals one from eli...

stop hating on the man, he proved that he can handle the island, so let him, we gave HOUSTON three yrs, give the man at least a full one...

our Cb's suck man. Let's get new ones, look at how bad they played. Quit trying to make something better than it is. Ok Chris Owens seems to be a decent 2nd but I want a ******* impact/shut down corner. Brent Grimes unfortunately is not the answer. So get off his ****

how can u say that about owens when all he had was an overthrown INT, and one that shouldnt have been thrown at all???? how does that make him better then grimes, same height, about the same speed, but he somehow is suted for the #2 spot, and grimes is the nickle guy? that makes no sense

6 picks, most against against 3 rookies QB's...No one is hating on grimes. He has the skill set to be great, but he is most suited for the nickel or maybe the #2 spot..He is not a #1 corner..

three? since when did we play three rookie QBS???sanchez and freeman, plus its more about technique then who u playin, if heisnt in position it doenst matter who were playing, its just as much about the reveiver then the QB, he gotta stay with him first for him to even be able to make a play on the ball

grimes found his niche at the RCB spot. he was getting beat like mule at the left spot, we moved him to the right and all he did was make plays. i say leave him as the starter there until he proves he cant be effective.

exactly, give the guy a chance to prove he cant do it, i mean cmon he still hasnt has a full season to be the starter withou looking over his shoulder until the end of the season when he probably knew noone was goin to take his spot, and look how he played, his confidence rose every game he played

grimes found his niche at the RCB spot. he was getting beat like mule at the left spot, we moved him to the right and all he did was make plays. i say leave him as the starter there until he proves he cant be effective.

I agree and think that it will be hard for a draft pick to unseat grimes but it could happen with grimes moving to NB.

No one is against Grimes... Its nothing wrong with being a NB... TD did say Chris Owens was brought in to be a #3 CB (NB) but the guy showed the potential and is now a #2 CB.

Grimes no doubt stepped up at the end of the year.... But we cant forget the getting beat moments and the getting benched like 4 times during the last 2 seasons (was benched for every knew CB we brought in)...

I cant lie... I wasnt a Grimes fan but the guy stepped up at the end of the year... I am now a Grimes fan.... I just think his best position is the NB position... I think Thomas Dimitroff and Coach Smith think the same thing... If you listen to there post season press conferences and all the attention they have shown 1st round potential CB's.

three? since when did we play three rookie QBS???sanchez and freeman, plus its more about technique then who u playin, if heisnt in position it doenst matter who were playing, its just as much about the reveiver then the QB, he gotta stay with him first for him to even be able to make a play on the ball

brian brohm..buffalo..well he's not a rookie, but he is young and inexperienced..

Well, the FO has said a few times (while we were juggling CBs last year, so not sure if it was coach speak or actual defensive philosophy) we don't have #1 or #2, but we place our guys based on the opposing teams' matchups. They've also said the same thing but except ending in "we have a LCB and a RCB."

Either way they've both earned themselves serious consideration for starting in 2010 and will be evaluated during camp.

Anyone who makes an interception like this is definitely going to be deeply evaluated as a starter.

No one is against Grimes... Its nothing wrong with being a NB... TD did say Chris Owens was brought in to be a #3 CB (NB) but the guy showed the potential and is now a #2 CB.

Grimes no doubt stepped up at the end of the year.... But we cant forget the getting beat moments and the getting benched like 4 times during the last 2 seasons (was benched for every knew CB we brought in)...

I cant lie... I wasnt a Grimes fan but the guy stepped up at the end of the year... I am now a Grimes fan.... I just think his best position is the NB position... I think Thomas Dimitroff and Coach Smith think the same thing... If you listen to there post season press conferences and all the attention they have shown 1st round potential CB's.

maybe that because just like u said, owens was suppose to be the NB, so if he is doing better then we thought, it still makes sense to look at the best CB just in case he doenst keep improving and chevis doesnt get it together, i kno theres goin to be a **** of competition goin on this offseason, HOUSTON, GRIMES, OWENS, CHEVIS, HILL, WILLIAMS, DRAFT PICK, some ppl will be getting cut

brian brohm..buffalo..well he's not a rookie, but he is young and inexperienced..

i kno who u was talkin about, and yes he is inexperienced, but then i can also say that he got a pick on argubaly one of the best in BREES... so it sounds like the guy just makes plays huh? dont forget he sould of had him TWICE(BREES), so now wat???

Well, the FO has said a few times (while we were juggling CBs last year, so not sure if it was coach speak or actual defensive philosophy) we don't have #1 or #2, but we place our guys based on the opposing teams' matchups. They've also said the same thing but except ending in "we have a LCB and a RCB."

Either way they've both earned themselves serious consideration for starting in 2010 and will be evaluated during camp.

Anyone who makes an interception like this is definitely going to be deeply evaluated as a starter.

What yall dont get is that we do the "We dont have a #1 or #2 CB... only based on macthups" thing because we didnt have 2 gouys that stood out until the end of the year.... Thats not a good thing.... Its just like at LDE... no one stepped up.

I think Owens is a starter..... I think Grimes will play NB and we will get another starter in either FA or the Draft.

Its not just me... Look at the way TD is scouting 1st round CB's

What yall dont get is that we do the "We dont have a #1 or #2 CB... only based on macthups" thing because we didnt have 2 gouys that stood out until the end of the year.... Thats not a good thing.... Its just like at LDE... no one stepped up.

I think Owens is a starter..... I think Grimes will play NB and we will get another starter in either FA or the Draft.

[/quo

soo wat ur saying is that REVIS isnt a #1 CB? because he plays everywhere, the same concept that the falcons are talking about, he plays the match up, hes goin to match up with the best reciever, he doenst stay on one side of the ball....

Right. I understand. However, I thought it was important to mention since I believe Grimes could outmatch Miles Austin, but not, say, Larry Fitzgerald--he's not a press conerback. He can make up for his height because his vert it like 70" and he's got insane heart/determination, but let's face it--any sizable WR could put him out of position if he were to press. I could see him being used as a #1, #2, and a NB throughout the season. He did seem to excell at RCB though.

If I'm a coach, basically he's in until he proves he simply cannot handle it long-term.

[/quo

soo wat ur saying is that REVIS isnt a #1 CB? because he plays everywhere, the same concept that the falcons are talking about, he plays the match up, hes goin to match up with the best reciever, he doenst stay on one side of the ball....

Dude... Mentioning Revis in this conversation is madness..lol.. The guy moves around to check #1 CB's... Revis is the Jets #1 CB

Our situation is totally different....

Right. I understand. However, I thought it was important to mention since I believe Grimes could outmatch Miles Austin, but not, say, Larry Fitzgerald--he's not a press conerback. He can make up for his height because his vert it like 70" and he's got insane heart/determination, but let's face it--any sizable WR could put him out of position if he were to press. I could see him being used as a #1, #2, and a NB throughout the season. He did seem to excell at RCB though.

If I'm a coach, basically he's in until he proves he simply cannot handle it long-term.

Not to sound negative but didnt Miles Austen beat Grimes for a TD..lol.

Yoo... i dont want to make it seem like i'm against Grimes because i'm not.... I like dude now.... It just seem like the Coaching Staff and FO does not see Grimes as a starting island type of guy.... I mean i can see him playing out there in scertain situation but it seem like the ppl in charge wants a bigger type CB

ame='madman88' date='04 March 2010 - 07:38 PM' timestamp='1267727917' post='5415425']

Dude... Mentioning Revis in this conversation is madness..lol.. The guy moves around to check #1 CB's... Revis is the Jets #1 CB

Our situation is totally different....

i know, but the only reason im even mentioning him is because the jets dont run a #1 #2 CB, they matchup just like we do, thats y he is all over the field