Matt Ryan did ot give the Falcons their first winning season

sticktracy

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As i recall Redman won that game against the Bucs. Hey , but thats just my opinion. I think it was more of a team effort for the falcons first back to back winning seasons.

Of course it was a team effort, it's football. It's ALWAYS a team effort. But you wanna tell me we would have won 9 games with Redman? Redman beat Tampa Bay, yeah, but he lost to Philly, BAD, and the Saints.

But he didn't lose either of those games either, the Falcons lost those games.

Well the facts say that Matt Ryan played that game and Redman didn't so I guess your opinion is wrong.

He's refering to the Bucs game in the dome, where Ryan started and got hurt, and Redman threw the 4th down TD pass to Roddy to win the game.

A winning season is most definitely a team effort, and Ryan plays in the most important position on the team. So, yeah, he gets credit for the wins and blame for the losses. Right or wrong.

:lol::lol::lol: Where to begin?

First, I assume the thread title should say "Matt Ryan did not give the Falcons their first back-to-back winning seasons," seeing as the Falcons have had winning seasons before.

Second, you're absolutely right, he alone did not give the Falcons that. Team sport, team effort. He quarterbacked the first back-to-back winning seasons, but the credit in no way should go to him alone. (And he said EXACTLY that in his post-season presser.) To create a thread that is trying to bash him over a basic football truth is ridiculous.

Third, you're a moron, and your avatar says it all. The guy raising his hands up in that picture flat-out admitted that he gave up and didn't play hard for the B2B seasons that fans so desperately wanted. Ryan, on the other hand, came back from what doctors said would take him out for six weeks to do his part. And yet you still feel the need to tear that down because your allegiance lies with someone who isn't a Falcon anymore. Good grief.

Edited by BCEaGleATLFaLcOn

I've been saying that for years around here. But the "Mods" are some how against that or even a nominal one time fee to join the boards.

Yep the mods have heard this idea from alot of people but they simply throw it out cause it might mean more work for them, which is silly it would mean a lot less work for them. Trust me a number of people have brought it up directly to the mods over the years and they just put their fingers in their ears and pretend you aren't saying anything.

Edited by EskimoSpy

Guest Gritz

As i recall Redman won that game against the Bucs. Hey , but thats just my opinion. I think it was more of a team effort for the falcons first back to back winning seasons.

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son.

The OP probably also thinks that the Georgia Bulldogs won the 1980 National Championship because of Buck Balue's passing skills.

1/12 for 7 yards -- the most important 7 yards of the game keeping the drive alive! :P Walker did ok with his 150 yard 2 TD performance.

**Sarcasm Off*

Yes it was a team effort, and props to Redman for filling in well, but you don't have to phrase your statement like a d-bag.

Can someone remind me why there isn't a minimum number of posts before someone can post a new thread?

Ryan with no Turner = 20-10 Win on Road against Bucs

Redman with Turner for Half = Last Second Win at Home vs Bucs

You be the judge.

QBs get credit for the Wins and losses, End of story weither its fair or not. Ryan went 8-5, And techinally 9-5 since he DID start the first Bucs game.

Redman went 0-2 in his starts and we got our arse kicked worse than any other time under Smith at home vs Philly.