Cardinals want a 3rd for Boldin.

pr0d1gy

I agree. I don't see a real need obviously, but if TD wants a WR in this draft and plans to use anywhere close to a 3rd rounder, he should get Bolden. If that's the case, I'm not saying we should or shouldn't.

Bolden is worth a 3rd round pick. He'll be a Raven, I'm almost certain.

Bolden is worth a 3rd round pick. He'll be a Raven, I'm almost certain.

Of course he will, they take every player I ever wanted...them and San Diego. If this team had listened to me we would have McNeil and Gaither playing tackle for us...lol I told everyone Ngata was the best player in his class and they took him. I hate the Ravens for so many reasons, not the least is that their FO seems to always want the same players I do..lol

I think this would be a ridiculous trade for us.

If we're going to draft a WR in the third... why not get Boldin? He's obviously much better than anyone we'll draft there. I feel the same way about Cromartie. Stocking up on great talent can't hurt. We already have some nice youngsters. We have some cap... why not add Boldin?

I'm for it.. if it's only a third. Let's just draft someone in the first and later rounds and dish out our second and third for some great talents.

I agree. I would dump a 3rd and money into Boldin because Jenkins is not very good and Ryan needs another weapon he can rely on. I would especially do this if we don't take any big name Free Agents this year, in fact I would take him over any of the FA's available this year....yes, even Peppers. Boldin is willing to give up his body for his team and has been one of the best WR's in the league the last 5 years. He is also huge and could be a great blocker.

He has big play ability, will go over the middle, has very good hands, and is a selfless player on the field. I doubt we will do it but we should definitely look into it instead of Peppers, Cromartie, etc.

the only downside to trading for him would be the fact we would have TONS of money tied up in one position.

With the big contract White Got, the good sized extension Jenkins has, and the money we would have to pay for Boldin....... that would almost be too much for the postion imo.

But that isa tempting thought.... HD, Jenkins,White, Gonzo and Boldin all on the field in a 5 wide?

that is just scary

This is a no brainer, assuming we can agree to terms on a new deal. Jenkins is a good blocker, but his hands are questionable- especially at the biggest moments. I'm ok with Jenks, but Boldin is just too much of an upgrade to pass on for a third. I wouldn't say that about many guys because I hate giving up draft picks.

The question I would pose is...would we be getting ourselves into another Peerless Price situation with Boldin?

Price was a hot commodity but there was constant chatter that his numbers were seriously inflated due to Eric Moulds always being double covered thus leaving him (Price) more open more often.

Now we have another #2 WR in Boldin. He plays in the shadow of Fitzerald and with all the attention Larry draws, could this be a similar situation?

Price was a bust. You could argue that the problem lay with MV and that is a valid point to a degree but so many spoke of Price being less than advertised I think it has merit. Getting Boldin for a 3rd round pick isnt horrible by any means but the dollars needed to sign him long term could make this deal something to re-think by the FO.

The question I would pose is...would we be getting ourselves into another Peerless Price situation with Boldin?

Price was a hot commodity but there was constant chatter that his numbers were seriously inflated due to Eric Moulds always being double covered thus leaving him (Price) more open more often.

Now we have another #2 WR in Boldin. He plays in the shadow of Fitzerald and with all the attention Larry draws, could this be a similar situation?

Price was a bust. You could argue that the problem lay with MV and that is a valid point to a degree but so many spoke of Price being less than advertised I think it has merit. Getting Boldin for a 3rd round pick isnt horrible by any means but the dollars needed to sign him long term could make this deal something to re-think by the FO.

Interesting point, but I don't think the players are simimlar. Price got his payday and checked out. Also, Boldin has been a baller since college, and was in his rookie year before Fitz hit the scene.

Obviously, we would also have to sign him and you have to wonder what kind of damage that leg really took, but he and Roddy would make one **** of a pair.

Not with the contract he'll want after he's traded. We've got enough young talent already, if HD comes back and doesn't perform maybe I'll be eating my words but I think the Falcons WR will be fine this year.

Anquan Boldin set records as a rookie before Larry Fitzgerald was in the picture...with no QB's.

He is a stellar player in his own, but just not quite Fitz' level.

Downsides: he is always hurt due to his playing style, and he will be 30 next season

I would pull the trigger on a 3rd though, he has a good 3 years at least in him because of his ridiculous physical shape

Boldin was a stud from the moment he arrived in Arizona. He was drafted the year before Fitzgerald and his first year numbers.

101 REC 1,377 YDS 13.6 AVG 8 TDS

If I recall he was the Offensive ROY.

This is a guy whose 40 time of 4.71 at the combine dropped him down a lot of boards, they should have just watched the tape cause Boldin has always been a **** good football player.

how do you think White would feel seeing us bring in a WR then having to pay him 40% more than Roddy?

The only team that will pay him the 10M he wants is a team with no WR options.

TD loves our WR, including Jenkins, so I doubt he is even considering it.

If we gonna spend big bucks it will be on Peppers.

I think this would be a ridiculous trade for us.

If we're going to draft a WR in the third... why not get Boldin? He's obviously much better than anyone we'll draft there. I feel the same way about Cromartie. Stocking up on great talent can't hurt. We already have some nice youngsters. We have some cap... why not add Boldin?

I'm for it.. if it's only a third. Let's just draft someone in the first and later rounds and dish out our second and third for some great talents.

the only problem with doing this is you'd have to pay a "3rd" round guy 1st round money.. so i see where you would say Boldin is way better than any 3rd round WR in this years draft , but would Boldin fit our system and gel with Gonzo and White, and Turner..