MW2 Map Pack 1

I heard that the map pack 1 for MW2 is going to be some COD4 maps... um.... why? Are you kidding me? If I want to play some COD4 maps, I will pop in COD4 and save money.

You know why just as well as the rest of us, because MW2 sucks and they're trying to save it.

It isnt all COD4 maps, it's just 3 or 4. The rest are originals. And I think the reason they're doing it is because of how much people loved those old maps.

Map pack is usually 3 to 4 maps and if the Map Pack 1 is nothing but COD4 maps, I will not buy it. If it had like 3 or 4 new maps and 3 or 4 bonus maps, I would buy it.

You know why just as well as the rest of us, because MW2 sucks and they're trying to save it.

Its not that it sucks, just ruined with cheaters.

Edited by Hatchetinator

Map pack is usually 3 to 4 maps and if the Map Pack 1 is nothing but COD4 maps, I will not buy it. If it had like 3 or 4 new maps and 3 or 4 bonus maps, I would buy it.

Its not that it sucks, just ruined with cheaters.

I read somewhere (cant seem to find the link right now) that they are adding around 3-4 maps from mw1 and adding another 3-4 new maps all together. I think its a good idea since technically MW2 is a continuation of MW1, so why not use the maps that were in the "first part" of the game.

I remember seeing crash,shipment, and vacant on the list

• 2 weeks later...

For the 360. There is a downloadable trailer for the map pack. looks like they are going to call it " Stimulus Package"

The Map Packs release date will be 3/30/10

Also in the dashboard under Spotlight they do a preview of the 3 new maps but not the 2 maps from the last game.

Edited by Cable Guy

Anyone else getting tired of paying $70 for a game with just a few maps, then having to pay $15 for three new maps just after the game comes out? Ridiculous. Ship the games with those maps, they were probably already done at launch. Then they put the old maps in their as filler. Makes me want to rage.

It just irks me to think that there are some fat cats at a round table somewhere saying...'hold these maps back and we can put them in a map pack later' while I'm dishing out so much money to buy the game on launch. I realize thats how things are now, but I still think it's insane. Thing is, they know the suckers are going to buy it (myself included) because they love MW2 and they are tired of playing the same maps over and over. Yeah, it makes more money, but you are also crapping on your loyal fans.

Sorry for the rant.

Anyone else getting tired of paying $70 for a game with just a few maps, then having to pay $15 for three new maps just after the game comes out? Ridiculous. Ship the games with those maps, they were probably already done at launch. Then they put the old maps in their as filler. Makes me want to rage.

It just irks me to think that there are some fat cats at a round table somewhere saying...'hold these maps back and we can put them in a map pack later' while I'm dishing out so much money to buy the game on launch. I realize thats how things are now, but I still think it's insane. Thing is, they know the suckers are going to buy it (myself included) because they love MW2 and they are tired of playing the same maps over and over. Yeah, it makes more money, but you are also crapping on your loyal fans.

Sorry for the rant.

I hate all DLC in general. It IS ridiculous that we throw down all that money for a game and have to pay new maps. It not always the actualy price that bothers me, its just the principle. I am in a good enough financial situation where paying for games is not a problem, but I think 60 bucks should be enough.

And if they EVER started charging extra online (like I have heard)then I will never buy another call of duty game again.

Edited by ConnFalcon

It not always the actualy price that bothers me, its just the principle.

Those are the exact words I used on the CoD forum. $15... I can handle that. It's the fact that they expect me to throw even more money down. They don't even have to release a full game anymore. Just throw in half of it, charge full price, and then let the idiots (again, myself included) pay for the rest of the game, which they call DLC and pimp it as extra stuff, when really they should have been released with the game.

Those are the exact words I used on the CoD forum. $15... I can handle that. It's the fact that they expect me to throw even more money down. They don't even have to release a full game anymore. Just throw in half of it, charge full price, and then let the idiots (again, myself included) pay for the rest of the game, which they call DLC and pimp it as extra stuff, when really they should have been released with the game.

I rarely buy any DLC. I will prob end up getting the MW2 mapack because I play it alot, and I really enjoy the game. Before this I got the RE5 DLC with the 2 new missions which was actually pretty worth it. But other than that, I won't even bother. I would rather just throw that money towards a new game.